Danny Kristo

simonus

I've been watching a bit of the world juniors and I just thought I'd mention that Kristo looks very solid and creative. Nice to see a quality kid in the pipeline.

Does he look like Higgins and Pacioretty? Ie. super speedy, nice moves; but can't finish?

Kristo is playing on what was supposed to be USA's second line with Jerry D'Amigo on LW and captain Derek Stepan at C, but through the first two games this line has really outshone the supposed top line of Palmieri-Schroeder-Bourque. You can call the D'Amigo-Stepan-Kristo line the Original 6 line, as D'Amigo is a Leafs prospect and Stepan a Rangers one. I'm a big Stepan fan through the first two games (gave him a star of the day on Yahoo yesterday), but Kristo has the most creativity and speed of the three. Very good line, though.

Comparing him to Higgins... hmm, I think Kristo is a better stickhandler and passer, but young Higgins (before injuries made him scared) was probably more willing to get to the front of the net. Kristo has more ability on the rush than Higgins.

The Americans are a small, speedy team, but Kristo is pretty average in build.

All the other Habs prospects are in the Regina pool, so I won't see them until the playoffs; and I expect both Russia and Finland to make it out of their preliminary pool. The Czechs are awful and heading for the relegation round.

Cristo will be good, he is a much better skater then Higgins or Pacioretty. Pacioretty in College was more physical and played the Ryan Smythe role for his line mates. He hit, went to the net, scored alot of "Garbage goals", etc.

Cristo uses his spedd to create offense, he is a slick puck handler, works well in traffic, shoots alot, plays the point on the top PP at North Dakota, so i think he is actually more like a Gionta type player. Very high energy.

He is the leading freshman scorer in the WCHL, tied for the lead in points on his team.

I think he is on the same pace as Pacioretty, he won't need much time in the AHL.

Does he look like Higgins and Pacioretty? Ie. super speedy, nice moves; but can't finish?

He showed an awesome hard and accurate shot in the shootout.

I think the habs are screwing up MaxPax by trying to rush him into the NHL, the same way they screwed up with Lats. it also looks like they will only realize this when they are no longer able to send him down to Hamilton without exposing him to waivers.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

He showed an awesome hard and accurate shot in the shootout.

I think the habs are screwing up MaxPax by trying to rush him into the NHL, the same way they screwed up with Lats. it also looks like they will only realize this when they are no longer able to send him down to Hamilton without exposing him to waivers.

The Habs aren't screwing anything. If the kid is as good as I think he is, he will mature. What he has, right now, is a wonderful opportunity to learn the game at the highest level. He has plenty of icetime and would not learn much more at Hamilton. Reminds me a lot of John Leclair. What he has to learn is to adjust his speed to the NHL level. Right now he feels that he has to pass the puck or shoot the puck to quick. Once Leclair learned that his great speed and strenght gave him ample time to wait for an opening, he became quite a player. You don't necesseraly learn that at the AHL level.

We just have to be patient. Martin is doing a good job with him. Obviously, today, he did not have it. When it happens, he should play on the 3rd or 4th line and work on his defensive play.

7pts in 5 games 5G 2A-- not too shabby. I wish him all the best in a dramatic Canadian victory.

7pts in 5 games 5G 2A-- not too shabby. I wish him all the best in a dramatic Canadian victory.

I really like him so far. Very fast, excellent stick-handling ability, strong wrist shot, good hockey sense. Definitely way ahead of Pax at the same age. I may be too enthusiastic, but I think that he could be NHL-ready as soon as next year.

I think USA is going to win. hate to say it.

If Canada is going to win, they're going to have to outscore the US. The Canadians are going to be depleted on D.

If Canada is going to win, they're going to have to outscore the US. The Canadians are going to be depleted on D.

Yeah. And with Travis Hamonic out of the lineup, it could get ugly.

Well, that's usually what it takes to win. :lol:

lol. Touché.

What I meant was that Canada would have to score a bunch to compensate for the many goals that the US will likely score with Canada's weakened defense.

• Upvote 1

What a game! Too bad we lost. But to be honest, I am glad it's been against the Americans. They have an excellent team and certainly deserve the win.

So many good players: Schroeder, D'Amigo, Kristo, Bourque, Ramage, and many others.

Once again Jordan Eberle raised to the occasion. He's been astounding this year and the year before. Don't know what he will become with the Oilers but I would love in a Bleu Blanc Rouge sweater.

Great hockey anyway.

Meh.

There's 7 guys in the NHL that would still have been eligible to play on Team Canada (Stamkos, Tavares, Kane, etc.). Only 1 for Team USA (Bogosian). Another clear example that the NHL rules to allow players under 20 to play in the NHL kills junior hockey.