Danny Kristo

simonus

Meh.

There's 7 guys in the NHL that would still have been eligible to play on Team Canada (Stamkos, Tavares, Kane, etc.). Only 1 for Team USA (Bogosian). Another clear example that the NHL rules to allow players under 20 to play in the NHL kills junior hockey.

What's your point ? For my part, I want a better NHL, not a better U20 Championship... no ?

lol. Touché.

What I meant was that Canada would have to score a bunch to compensate for the many goals that the US will likely score with Canada's weakened defense.

Bang on Sir !

If we had those 7 players, it wouldn't even have been a tournament. It would have been a Canadian Junior Showcase. Canada did very well with the players they had.

Meh.

There's 7 guys in the NHL that would still have been eligible to play on Team Canada (Stamkos, Tavares, Kane, etc.). Only 1 for Team USA (Bogosian). Another clear example that the NHL rules to allow players under 20 to play in the NHL kills junior hockey.

+ Kane is American.

What's your point ? For my part, I want a better NHL, not a better U20 Championship... no ?

I'm talking about junior hockey as a whole. Some teams sees their stars leave for the NHL too quickly; some kids are thrown in an adult world way too fast, etc. 

I'm talking about junior hockey as a whole. Some teams sees their stars leave for the NHL too quickly; some kids are thrown in an adult world way too fast, etc. 

Yeah, but the players you listed are already stars in the NHL too...

+ Kane is American.

I believe the reference is to Evander Kane from Last years Team Canada

Cheers

:clap: to Kristo.

It should do a lot for his confidence and i really hope he continues his progress,

and bring this to the pro level.

First habs prospect to win a gold medal since Chipchura, so let's not get overwhelmed.

Thought Chichura was playing 4th line that year.

Maybe a pro contract an a year with Guy Boucher in Hamilton next year ?

It should do a lot for his confidence and i really hope he continues his progress,

First habs prospect to win a gold medal since Chipchura, so let's not get overwhelmed.

Price ???

Sorry, Habs prospect captain to win gold.

Kristo wasn't captain. His centre was (Stepan). And to be honest, although Kristo showed some slick hands, he was the third best player on his line after Stepan and D'Amigo. It was the top line in the tourney, though.

USA's schedule: Slovakia, Switzerland, Latvia, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Canada

Canada's schedule: Latvia, Switzerland, Slovakia, USA, Switzerland, USA

And keep in mind that Canada's two games against the Swiss, the Swiss were playing back-to-back, Canada was rested, and Conz had been pelted for 50 shots in each game prior.

Canada had a soft, soft schedule and it probably didn't do them any good come the Final.

My tournament All-Star team was exactly the same as the consensus choice: Niederreiter-Stepan-Eberle; Carlson-Pietrangelo; Conz. My MVP vote (made at end of 2 periods in Final) was Carlson.

Kristo wasn't captain. His centre was (Stepan). And to be honest, although Kristo showed some slick hands, he was the third best player on his line after Stepan and D'Amigo. It was the top line in the tourney, though.

USA's schedule: Slovakia, Switzerland, Latvia, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Canada

Canada's schedule: Latvia, Switzerland, Slovakia, USA, Switzerland, USA

And keep in mind that Canada's two games against the Swiss, the Swiss were playing back-to-back, Canada was rested, and Conz had been pelted for 50 shots in each game prior.

Canada had a soft, soft schedule and it probably didn't do them any good come the Final.

My tournament All-Star team was exactly the same as the consensus choice: Niederreiter-Stepan-Eberle; Carlson-Pietrangelo; Conz. My MVP vote (made at end of 2 periods in Final) was Carlson.

There were a lot of good players on the U.S. Team and Kristo was among them. He has matured enormously since last year. I like his size (not big, not small either, very solid on his skates). He has got amazing speed, very deceptive. His hands are quick, above average stick-handling ability. Powerful wrist shot. A right-handed shooter. The fans will love him in a Habs sweater.

There were a lot of good players on the U.S. Team and Kristo was among them. He has matured enormously since last year. I like his size (not big, not small either, very solid on his skates). He has got amazing speed, very deceptive. His hands are quick, above average stick-handling ability. Powerful wrist shot. A right-handed shooter. The fans will love him in a Habs sweater.

His upside is the second line. He's got a T.J. Oshie style game, but I can't see him being a top line guy down the line.

Subaan?

• 2 weeks later...

Just some info, Cristo had 2 more goals in Friday night's game. I believe he is now North Dakot's top scorer and top freshman scorer in the WCHL.

I didn't get to see Saturday's game to see how he did.

• 11 months later...

Kristo is finally on a bit of a tear of late after a woeful start to the year. He's riding a six game point scoring streak in which he has 2 goals and 9 assists. He had only recorded points in 5 of the first 17 games this year for a goal and four assists.

If he can continue to finish strong, I see no reason why he shouldn't be considered for a pro contract this offseason.

Kristo is finally on a bit of a tear of late after a woeful start to the year. He's riding a six game point scoring streak in which he has 2 goals and 9 assists. He had only recorded points in 5 of the first 17 games this year for a goal and four assists.

If he can continue to finish strong, I see no reason why he shouldn't be considered for a pro contract this offseason.

They still have a couple years left after this to sign him, though I'm hoping he goes to Hamilton next year as well - he and Leblanc would make for a nice rookie duo up front.

They still have a couple years left after this to sign him, though I'm hoping he goes to Hamilton next year as well - he and Leblanc would make for a nice rookie duo up front.

They've already been linemates once, might be cool to develop them together. Speaking of Leblanc's linemates, Lefebvre slumped in December, which Leblanc missed most of: last 13 games, 3 goals, 3 assists. Was at 13+17 for the first 26 games.

They've already been linemates once, might be cool to develop them together. Speaking of Leblanc's linemates, Lefebvre slumped in December, which Leblanc missed most of: last 13 games, 3 goals, 3 assists. Was at 13+17 for the first 26 games.

No surprise there, I don't see any sort of future for Lefebvre. I think he's ECHL bound next season, he reminds me so much of Masse. I think it'd be ideal to develop Leblanc/Kristo together, let them play a year (maybe a year and a half) together and bring them up around the same time. Instant chemistry (hopefully) while not being rushed.

• 3 weeks later...