GAME THREAD: Habs @ Senators

simonus

Nothing left to say, you're bang on - I guess some people are actually happy playing 1-1/2 good periods - oops, I better watch what I say before Colin calls me a schoolgirl.

Ya know, it's not that I don't see issues out there, what I was referring to was the ability of everyone to ONLY focus on the negative and not give credit where credit is due. It's like people are looking for the Habs to fail so much, they can't even ackowledge a glimmer of good play if it hits them square between the eyes.

Did they play a great game? No. Was it better than the previous 10 games? Yes. When I came on the game thread, there was virtually no positive talk. It was all negative: no system, we suck, blah, blah. The system that some insist is non-existent was very evident in the first half of the game. Was it consistent enough? No, but it was there. Still: whine, whine, bitch, bitch, they have no system, yadda yadda on and on like little schoolgirls.

Now, go take off your plaid skirt and move along. ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, it's not that I don't see issues out there, what I was referring to was the ability of everyone to ONLY focus on the negative and not give credit where credit is due. It's like people are looking for the Habs to fail so much, they can't even ackowledge a glimmer of good play if it hits them square between the eyes.

Did they play a great game? No. Was it better than the previous 10 games? Yes. When I came on the game thread, there was virtually no positive talk. It was all negative: no system, we suck, blah, blah. The system that some insist is non-existent was very evident in the first half of the game. Was it consistent enough? No, but it was there. Still: whine, whine, bitch, bitch, they have no system, yadda yadda on and on like little schoolgirls.

Now, go take off your plaid skirt and move along. ;)

Oh come on Colin, enough already. Do you not get it that people are smart enough to actually recognize 1-1/2 periods of dominant play? You don't have a monoply on common sense. The difference is that some strive for consistency for 60 minutes. Yes you don't always achieve it, but if you strive for it you will get somewhere close. Our guys stopped playing the way they did in the 1st period - why? btw, my skirt is herringbone, not plaid :lol:

Oh come on Colin, enough already. Do you not get it that people are smart enough to actually recognize 1-1/2 periods of dominant play? You don't have a monoply on common sense. The difference is that some strive for consistency for 60 minutes. Yes you don't always achieve it, but if you strive for it you will get somewhere close. Our guys stopped playing the way they did in the 1st period - why? btw, my skirt is herringbone, not plaid :lol:

What about the Sens actually started playing hard and well after 1-1/2 periods ??? It's not always on the Habs side...

What about the Sens actually started playing hard and well after 1-1/2 periods ??? It's not always on the Habs side...

Or the fact that the Habs couldn't buy a powerplay and were getting penalized all over the place? It could have led to playing less aggressively and not "hard".

Oh come on Colin, enough already. Do you not get it that people are smart enough to actually recognize 1-1/2 periods of dominant play?

Um, with respect, you have 54 posts here. I don't know how much you've read. I actually legitimately question whether people recognize solid play. I don't question if they're smart enough, rather I question their personal bias towards certain players/management or their expectation of poor play - which seems to be very prevalent here.

You don't have a monoply on common sense.

Koz has that monopoly. I'm just a pretender to the crown. :D

btw, my skirt is herringbone, not plaid :lol:

I'm getting Scottish overtones with that. If you mention Haggis, I'll be spewing in technicolour on your perfectly polished pumps. :lol: