Canada's Men Hockey Team

JoeLassister

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys know this olympic hockey tournament is already decided. Peter Forsberg has won the gold in all his olympics so far and he wont stop now.

GO SWEDEN GO!

I was quoted yesterday (drunk but I'll keep my words) stating that the podium WILL be :

Gold : Canada

Silver : Sweden

Bronze : Russia

Do you really think we can handle Russia's firepower? Ovechkin, Malkin, & Kovalchuk...the only guy on our team as scary as these three is Crosby. Then you toss in Semin, Datsyuk, Gonchar, Markov, Zubov, a formidable supporting cast.

I keep hearing how their Achillies' Hell is in nets. But Nabovkov and Brezghylov (sp?) aren't exactly chicken dirt. To me, Canada's advantage over these guys will be depth. Indeed, we crush all countries in terms of the depth of our elite-level talent. But am I right to suspect that Russia has the best top-6/top-4 combo in the tourney?

Do you really think we can handle Russia's firepower? Ovechkin, Malkin, & Kovalchuk...the only guy on our team as scary as these three is Crosby. Then you toss in Semin, Datsyuk, Gonchar, Markov, Zubov, a formidable supporting cast.

I keep hearing how their Achillies' Hell is in nets. But Nabovkov and Brezghylov (sp?) aren't exactly chicken dirt. To me, Canada's advantage over these guys will be depth. Indeed, we crush all countries in terms of the depth of our elite-level talent. But am I right to suspect that Russia has the best top-6/top-4 combo in the tourney?

+1

Canada is like Britain in soccer. We think we're far better than we actually are.

I secretly hope that Sweden will do this for us... ^_^

Yes. Exactly. The "unknown" players (there are many) will have to ouplay our "3rd and 4th lines".

And by the way, Zubov is not on the team.

Their defense corps is Sergei Gonchar, Denis Grebeshkov, Dmitri Kalinin, Konstantin Korneyev, Andrei Markov, Ilya Nikulin, Fedor Tyutin and Anton Volchenkov...

Will CTV be hosting the whole games of the Mens hockey or will they be cutting out here and there to go to other events. If so what station will be hosting the game in its entirety.

They better taking stop those stupid penalties.

I think and hope they finally understood in the third that they do not have to bully

to win games.

Yeah they can hit hard, Doughty did some very nice hits.

Pronger should be use in the Olympics has Hall Gill should be use in MTL.

- D is my biggest concern, that and the SJ line.

+ Crosby line, Getzlaf and Perry. Luongo.

Interesting lines strategies for the 1st game by the russians. Ovechkin, Semin and Gonchar on the PK and Volchenkov and another nut along with the 3rd/4th lines on the PP. On few instances I noticed the coach limiting the big guns to short shifts. Looks like the coach wants to be sure to have the control on his mega stars (and satisfy early on KHL supporters).

Interesting lines strategies for the 1st game by the russians. Ovechkin, Semin and Gonchar on the PK and Volchenkov and another nut along with the 3rd/4th lines on the PP. On few instances I noticed the coach limiting the big guns to short shifts. Looks like the coach wants to be sure to have the control on his mega stars (and satisfy early on KHL supporters).

A fair analysis. I saw it another way. The Russian coach knew he had an easy game. He gave icetime to his 3rd/4th liners to see who could step it up and be of use in big games and save his stars. He probably needs those stars to kill Canada's PP so get them time killing it. Practice for key situations. Ovie still got 2!

Love Canada's top line! Subban in 2014!!!!

A fair analysis. I saw it another way. The Russian coach knew he had an easy game. He gave icetime to his 3rd/4th liners to see who could step it up and be of use in big games and save his stars. He probably needs those stars to kill Canada's PP so get them time killing it. Practice for key situations. Ovie still got 2!

Love Canada's top line! Subban in 2014!!!!

Price too. You heard it here first!

The Swiss' work ethic is winning over Canada's talent right now. They're pressuring the puck in every zone and there's always a Swiss player supporting the pressure, ready to move the puck when it comes loose. I wish the Habs could play like that.