Canada's Men Hockey Team

JoeLassister

Am I the only 1 who thinks CTV's coverage is utterly useless?

So annoying the scoreboard above the streaming video feed updates in real time ffs. The video feed lags so you know aboot 30-45 secs before a goal is scored because of that damn real time scoreboard. No commentators? :wacko:

Thanks Haper for screwing CBC out of the Olympics. :puke:

On another note" Why is it exactly like NHL hockey? I've never seen a 4 on 4 5 min OT before in any international hockey. Same with the time clocks, I'm almost positive that the time is suposed to count up. i.e. 19:00 = 1 min left in a period.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a tie over a shootout every day of the week. It's like ending a football game with a field goal competition or a basketball game with a free throw competition. If two teams match each other through an entire game, both sides have earned a point and there's no need to tarnish a good game with an individual spectacle. In pool play, a tie is fine. In elimination rounds, continuous overtime is the way to go. Of course, with NHLers there, that will never happen.

It was not like that when Juniors were at the Olympics either. Remember the Kariya Forsberg shootout ?

It didn't say that it was. I'm just saying what I think is the best way to do it.

Ok. Cuz you seemed to say that because NHLers were there, it would never happen. Shootout is just part of the IIHF rules book.

Is there a website that has decent boxscores of all the games, men's and women's? Why is something so simple so hard to find...

There's no decent boxscores out there sadly, took me a while to find the stats for the Habs themselves. I'll update those stats in the HW StatTracker, which can be found by clicking here.

Is there a website that has decent boxscores of all the games, men's and women's? Why is something so simple so hard to find...

They're not the best, but nhl.com's recaps have minimal stats. Only men's hockey though.

Its because CTV is covering it. They seem to be useless with their web content at least. I havent seen any yet on TV but I sure hope its better. Even the TSN site seems to be useless for Olympic coverage. I think they are pushing everybody to use the www.ctvolympics.ca site. :(

What a bonehead thing to switch coverage for the Olympic games Canada is hosting. They should have had a chance to screw up another countries games 1st. CTV has practicly 0 experience in any sports coverage other than the odd baseball game compared to CBC's experience. Its sad CBC isnt covering it.

Its because CTV is covering it. They seem to be useless with their web content at least. I havent seen any yet on TV but I sure hope its better. Even the TSN site seems to be useless for Olympic coverage. I think they are pushing everybody to use the www.ctvolympics.ca site. :(

What a bonehead thing to switch coverage for the Olympic games Canada is hosting. They should have had a chance to screw up another countries games 1st. CTV has practicly 0 experience in any sports coverage other than the odd baseball game compared to CBC's experience. Its sad CBC isnt covering it.

C'mon. They cover CFL quite well!!

It's time to show, what their made off against USA.

Last game was really painful and even more painful knowing Switzerland

had to go in overtime to beat Norway.

Richards on Crosby line ain't a bad thing, it's Nash ability to be fed for goals

that i question. Nash much like Kovalchuk make goals for and by himself.

I don't see why and how he is a good fit with Crosby. Iginla seemed a better fit

with a simple game plan drive and shoot the net.

Time for Thornton to stop trying to play perfect. This line has stats but it's really Marleau that makes

everything going on there. Getzlaf, Perry, Staal wake up !!

And all D'S have to be more accurate in hitting the net.

And here it comes. The tourney is now in full gear for both teams tonight.

I've been frustated that I cannot get proper box scores with full stats. If anyone else is annoyed I have the answer:

IIHF Vancouver 2010 Hockey Link

I feel kind of silly I didn't think of this sooner since I've used it before. I don't think it has in game updates but at least it has detail.

Go :can: Go

Where was the goalie interference call on that last American goal. Did the refs think Brodeur fell on his own?!!

Brodeur is over reacting on the ice, he did put a great fake to fall but the referee didn't buy it,

it caused a stumble and he save it by poking it. Second goal was a show too. I don't know if he thinks

it's just a all star game but risks like that with a defense that doesn'Y have a clue of what their golaie will

do his a major problem.

Please Lou ongo for the third and the tournament. His style his easily moldable with any hockey team.

Canada again struggling to score goals. Can't tell me they couldnt have used skilled game-breakers/pressure players like Green, St-Louis, Stamkos, Richards, Lecavalier, Carter, etc. instead of glorified grinders & notorious chokers like Morrow, Marleau, Perry, Thornton. Again, Team Canada putting too much stock in size over talent is killing them.

Green wouldn't of hesitated to take the shot at the point, the habs D looks slow (Pronger, Neider, Boyle).

I wish...

Canada played a great game and dominated the large majority of it. Brodeur was... good. Could have been better. Miller totally stole this one.

Edited by ForumGhost