simonus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else didnt think he'd be throwing a czech saucer to Cammy :clap:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Like it or not, for the time being, Dag is more mature offensively than Pax. Just give him two good linemates.

I'm just not much of a DIAGO fan. I don't see that he brings much to the table. Small, doesn't play physical, struggles defensively. Mind you i thought he had an OK game tonite.

I'm just not much of a DIAGO fan. I don't see that he brings much to the table. Small, doesn't play physical, struggles defensively. Mind you i thought he had an OK game tonite.

6'00", 201 pounds. He is not that small.

I know he did not show much this season, but he has got good speed, is a fair stick-handler and his shot is above average. I feel that with two good linemates, he would look a lot better. As for his defensive play, I believe that he has enough hockey sense to play both ends of the rink.

Nice to see Price come back strong after sitting for so long.

That brings up the question of who starts tomorrow?

Something tells me it's gonna be Halak since it's a back to back situation.

6'00", 201 pounds. He is not that small.

I know he did not show much this season, but he has got good speed, is a fair stick-handler and his shot is above average. I feel that with two good linemates, he would look a lot better. As for his defensive play, I believe that he has enough hockey sense to play both ends of the rink.

If only he would stop putting that shot of his right into the goalies stomach.

+1

Dags may be 6ft/200lb, but he plays much smaller then Gionta. He also is taking a lot of shots not only into the bread basket, but is also taking the shot when the goalie has a clear view.

I'd also rather have SK, Metro and Maxpax on the 3rd line if they aren't going to send MaxPax to Hamilton. IMO, it would help him to go down, so he doesn't end up like Lats, with not enough time to develop his game in the minors.

The guy is nervous, obviously. And let's say that there are still a lot of nervous players in this squad. Hopefully, if they can remain healthy, our leaders will take command and this will calm everybody. Look at what has happened tonight with the return of Hamrlik. For the first time this year, we had our top three defensemen. Guys like O'Byrne and Gill played 14 to 15 minutes against the 3rd and 4th lines mostly, instead of 20 to 23 minutes against the best lines. They looked a lot better.

Gionta and Pouliot will help. They're just back from injuries and don't know each others. Just give them 10 to 15 games. And you haven't seen Pouliot on the PP yet...

When the leaders are on the ice, the others feel more secure. We should see better plays in the next few weeks. I am quite confident about that.

The guy is nervous, obviously. And let's say that there are still a lot of nervous players in this squad. Hopefully, if they can remain healthy, our leaders will take command and this will calm everybody. Look at what has happened tonight with the return of Hamrlik. For the first time this year, we had our top three defensemen. Guys like O'Byrne and Gill played 14 to 15 minutes against the 3rd and 4th lines mostly, instead of 20 to 23 minutes against the best lines. They looked a lot better.

Gionta and Pouliot will help. They're just back from injuries and don't know each others. Just give them 10 to 15 games. And you haven't seen Pouliot on the PP yet...

When the leaders are on the ice, the others feel more secure. We should see better plays in the next few weeks. I am quite confident about that.

I don't understand why Pouliot hasn't been on the PP in the last couple of games. He goes to the net, battles in front of the net - excatly what is needed. Metro did a good job at exceeding expectations, but I think if Pouliot is put on the 2nd unit with the two smurfs, it should actually help them develop chemistry faster.

I don't understand why Pouliot hasn't been on the PP in the last couple of games. He goes to the net, battles in front of the net - excatly what is needed. Metro did a good job at exceeding expectations, but I think if Pouliot is put on the 2nd unit with the two smurfs, it should actually help them develop chemistry faster.

I think that Martin is a patient man. He wants the young man to deserve his icetime. Wants him to be hungry. That's good.

maybe he whats to give him more time to learn the pp montreal runs....and why not just let him keep working hard and earn the spot...i think that was a problem in montreal in the pass just giveing him the spot because of there last name..and this can cause problems in the dresing room..

Boring game :hockey:

The one thing that I noticed was how beaten down Lecavalier looks. A big mistake by Tampa in not trading him when they could have.

Thank god they didn't!!!!

otherwise we would have been stuck with his contract for the next 11 years !!!

Good game overall. They were flying in the 2nd. That goal seemed to take the wind out of them for the 3rd. I sure wish they would win a few more in the 3rd rather then overtime, they are handing out free points to far too many teams.

Good on Pleks for the winning goal given the Tampa goal was the direct result of his bad turn over at the blue line. I loved the way he never looked at the goal the entire way in on that shot. Suckered them good. :)

I hope Halak plays tonight and then start alternating. Both goalies are playing well, so keep them both playing. Playing guys 5 times in a row until they lose is poor goalie management, imo. Neither of these guys is Brodeur.