GAME THREAD: Habs @ Panthers *5PM EASTERN*

simonus

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know. But Lapierre was never a fighter in juniors, wasnt really a pest either. Was a speedy 2-way checking centre, sort of like a Michael Peca/Kris Draper. That's his game, not one of a true pest. He got the "pest" label once he reached the pros. He doesnt have the PIMs of a pest anyway, like a Barnaby, Carcillo or Avery. He just talks too much. :P

He basically only does it to defend a teammate. The other time he did it that I recall was when Colby Armstrong blind-sided one of our D's behind our net. Lapierre jumped him right then and there.

i just think he would be more usefull as a pest/fighter...if he learn that role...alot of guys that get to the pros got to change their game and do what best fot the team..i think that as been a problem with the team for along time..

I'm tired of typing it, we've gotta KEEP Bergeron, long term.

i think we should give a 2 -3 year deal at 1 mil a year..

Edited by KEEP26

It took all of the 2 minutes for him to figure it out but all he had to do was shoot. MAB!

I was getting tired of yelling SHOOT, before he finally pulled the trigger. He scares me when he is handling the puck, but man can he let it fly!

Damn panthers just scored :angry: poor defensive coverage again by the 3rd line.

another PP - lets see Pouliot on this time.

God dammit! We always let the other team back into the game! Just when you think we can drive the last nail in their coffin...we let them back out!

they need to get Pouliot on the PP!!

He has such a nice touch around the net. Maybe it's just Martin not wanting to give him too much ice right now for conditioning reasons 

Man, Bergeron was knocked out. I think it was by Lapierre, they both went on the same Panthers and he was squeezed between both. Looks like he got elbowed in the neck by Laps. :( I hope I saw that wrong. 

AKost out. Now Dags and MAB... Christ...

God dammit! We always let the other team back into the game! Just when you think we can drive the last nail in their coffin...we let them back out!

That's part of the great Martin system

And once again Metro is on the PP :wacko::angry:

I was getting tired of yelling SHOOT, before he finally pulled the trigger. He scares me when he is handling the puck, but man can he let it fly!

5 on 3 is different, you have to be sure to get a good shot. No point wasting it shooting in the goalie.

Why do they put a guy that cant finish like Pacioretty on the PP and not Pouliot?!

He has such a nice touch around the net. Maybe it's just Martin not wanting to give him too much ice right now for conditioning reasons 

the guy is what 23 years old??? they should be able to throw him out for PP time, if he can be put on the PK.

From all of the habs, Ak46 and Pouliot have size and go to the net, what is hard to figure out???

I just don't get Martin. :blink:

5 on 3 is different, you have to be sure to get a good shot. No point wasting it shooting in the goalie.

I get that, but unless MAB is going to shoot, or at least LOOK like he is going to shoot he is a liability handling the puck - his decision making scares me.

......What a save by Halak!!

WOW. Halak saves the slim lead there.

I get that, but unless MAB is going to shoot, or at least LOOK like he is going to shoot he is a liability handling the puck - his decision making scares me.

Would you rather have Spacek there? :P

WOW. Halak saves the slim lead there.

Would you rather have Spacek there? :P

Nope. I think MAB is the guy, but he has to at least start faking some shots to attract the D. I think the fact that ordinarily he hits the net, he is even a better point man then Souray or Streit were. But if the opposition isn't going to try and take away his shot bcoz he doesn't even look look like he is going to shoot by doing some pump fakes or something, then he isn't adding anything to the PP.

....great Penalty to Markov.

that was a scary penalty kill. I think Halak has atoned for some of the weak goal with some of his recent saves.

Why do they put a guy that cant finish like Pacioretty on the PP and not Pouliot?!

Yes exactly. AND Markov's passes were all not on the tape. Something unusual for Markov.