GAME THREAD: Sabres @ Habs *3PM Eastern*

simonus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it as soon as they scored. The Habs were gonna get shutout today by Miller. We didn't have what it takes to beat him!

What a waste of an opportunity to get away from the other teams chasing us in the conference!

They have Moen on the first line now ugh...Pax wasn't playing that bad. Martin has no patience with him for some reason.

MaxPax hasn't really played bad all season. Problem is that he can't finish and doesn't seem to have any confidence scoring right now - which is why I'd like to see him in Hamilton. Otherwise, I think the Habs are going to turn another pretty good prospect into a career 3rd liner.

I would have liked to see Pouliot double shifted to play with Plex and Cammy at times. I also think the habs really need to dump Dags - the guy is absolute useless. Laraque should either be waived, bought out or his ass should be nailed to the pressbox - he brings absolutely nothing and not only is a waste of cap space, but also is a waste of a roster spot. May as well give someone else in Hamilton a chance - especially if the Kosty brothers are going to be out for any more games. Anyone know how Trotter or Desharnais (I know he is another smurf) are doing?? I don't like anyone else in our lineup who can even fill in for the Ak46 we saw in the first qtr of the season.

I also think that it wouldn't hurt to bench Lapierre and let White take his spot and hope that Laps responds. RIght now he is also a waste of a roster spot.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

He's still a young kid with great offensive upside. No way would I dump him. Just send him to Hamilton. What's his waiver status?

I don't think he can't be sent down without clearing waivers, otherwise I think he would have been sent down a long time ago.

Miller stole this one. Price did a fine job. Each time your goalie keeps the scoring to one or two goals, he gives you a chance to win the game.

The brother K's absence hurt us quite a bit, particularly on Plekanec's line. Pax was not up to the task on the right wing. Obviously, he is not mature offensively. If I had been Martin, I would have put D'Agostini on this line soon in the 2nd period. If it had not worked, Moen would have been there (which happened late in the 3rd).

Laraque played a few times. The poor guy isn't able to skate anymore. Put him on the waivers, I am sure that one of the youngters at Hamilton would do a better job.

MaxPax hasn't really played bad all season. Problem is that he can't finish and doesn't seem to have any confidence scoring right now - which is why I'd like to see him in Hamilton. Otherwise, I think the Habs are going to turn another pretty good prospect into a career 3rd liner.

I would have liked to see Pouliot double shifted to play with Plex and Cammy at times. I also think the habs really need to dump Dags - the guy is absolute useless. Laraque should either be waived, bought out or his ass should be nailed to the pressbox - he brings absolutely nothing and not only is a waste of cap space, but also is a waste of a roster spot. May as well give someone else in Hamilton a chance - especially if the Kosty brothers are going to be out for any more games. Anyone know how Trotter or Desharnais (I know he is another smurf) are doing?? I don't like anyone else in our lineup who can even fill in for the Ak46 we saw in the first qtr of the season.

I also think that it wouldn't hurt to bench Lapierre and let White take his spot and hope that Laps responds. RIght now he is also a waste of a roster spot.

Your statement about Dag is not serious. I mean, how can you judge this young kid. He hasn't played much, and certainly not with the best centers. He has excellent speed, good stick-handling ability and a strong wrist shot. You don't let prospects like this one go without a good evaluation, which obviously hasn't been the case so far.

Your statement about Dag is not serious. I mean, how can you judge this young kid. He hasn't played much, and certainly not with the best centers. He has excellent speed, good stick-handling ability and a strong wrist shot. You don't let prospects like this one go without a good evaluation, which obviously hasn't been the case so far.

The guy's got a quick release that he doesn't use. He is a pylon in the neutral and defensive zone, doesn't use his size, doesn't go to the net. He did get a chance with both Gomez and Pleks early in the year and has been a serious downgrade replacing MaxPax on the 3rd line. Neither of them was scoring, but with MaxPax at least the effort was there.

The guy's got a quick release that he doesn't use. He is a pylon in the neutral and defensive zone, doesn't use his size, doesn't go to the net. He did get a chance with both Gomez and Pleks early in the year and has been a serious downgrade replacing MaxPax on the 3rd line. Neither of them was scoring, but with MaxPax at least the effort was there.

You certainly did not see him play last year when he was recalled. He was flying on the ice. That's what he can do. Last year Plekanec looked a lot like Dag presently. What about AK 46; he was lifeless in the first 30 games! If we trade our young guys for a bucket of pucks, Gainey will look like an idiot right in no time, because they have talent.

I think Dag has an excellent potential but his confidence level is very low right now. Let's be patient with him. Don't forget that he was seriously injured earlier in the year. The skills are there.

PRICE IS CACA

What is the interest in writing that. In English and in French. We are not idiots; on a compris la première fois!

You certainly did not see him play last year when he was recalled. He was flying on the ice. That's what he can do. Last year Plekanec looked a lot like Dag presently. What about AK 46; he was lifeless in the first 30 games! If we trade our young guys for a bucket of pucks, Gainey will look like an idiot right in no time, because they have talent.

I think Dag has an excellent potential but his confidence level is very low right now. Let's be patient with him. Don't forget that he was seriously injured earlier in the year. The skills are there.

What is the interest in writing that. In English and in French. We are not idiots; on a compris la première fois!

T'es un vrai scholar Skippy. Très impressionant with the back and forth. PRICE EST UN SMELLY TURD !

I did seem him last year and had quite high hopes that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. After that quick start he has struggled. Bottom line is for a guy like him to be successful, he has to play on the top two or at least the third line (if there is a playmaker on the 3rd line).

Dags has a quick release but not much else, can't create chances for himself, rarely forechecks or uses his 6ft/200lb frame to hit and is always a defensive liability. He has been given chances on the top two lines and hasn't done anything - and I'm not talking about scoring, I'm talking about him show that he can do things when he isn't scoring, such as forechecking, being physical, not taking stupid lazy penaltes (which is a habit of his). If the guy at least had a good work ethic I'd say be paitent, but he has failed to respond when given the oppertunity.

Lastly, who is he going to replace on the top two lines??? As far as a third line potential, who is going to leapfrog - SK74, MaxPax??? Lastly, he can't even be sent down to Hamilton without clearing waivers. We may as well clear up the cap space (I know his hit isn't much, but with the team being up against the cap, dropping Dags, Laraque and one of our 2-3 #7 caliber defencemen will free up space - it adds up. I'd much rather see a guy like White who brought some energy and work ethic then Dags in the lineup.

First person to blame Price gets a puck in the face. For serious.

Hard to blame the goalie, in a 1-0 loss, unless the team expected him to score on Miller.

Seriously though, there are very few losses we can hang on Price or Halak this season. Both at times have let in weak goals, but with the exception of maybe two games, were not the reason the team lost.

I did seem him last year and had quite high hopes that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. After that quick start he has struggled. Bottom line is for a guy like him to be successful, he has to play on the top two or at least the third line (if there is a playmaker on the 3rd line).

Dags has a quick release but not much else, can't create chances for himself, rarely forechecks or uses his 6ft/200lb frame to hit and is always a defensive liability. He has been given chances on the top two lines and hasn't done anything - and I'm not talking about scoring, I'm talking about him show that he can do things when he isn't scoring, such as forechecking, being physical, not taking stupid lazy penaltes (which is a habit of his). If the guy at least had a good work ethic I'd say be paitent, but he has failed to respond when given the oppertunity.

Lastly, who is he going to replace on the top two lines??? As far as a third line potential, who is going to leapfrog - SK74, MaxPax??? Lastly, he can't even be sent down to Hamilton without clearing waivers. We may as well clear up the cap space (I know his hit isn't much, but with the team being up against the cap, dropping Dags, Laraque and one of our 2-3 #7 caliber defencemen will free up space - it adds up. I'd much rather see a guy like White who brought some energy and work ethic then Dags in the lineup.

Thank God you're not the GM.

I thought Dags actually looked good on the last few games of the road trip. He looked pretty good with Metro and Moen playing against lower pairing defense.

Edited by BCHabnut

As i have stated many times previous, i am not much of a fan of Diago. Doesn't bring much to the table if you ask me. Had a chance to play on the top 2 lines and did almost nothing and when he isn't scoring he is pretty much useless. At least SK brings something to the team when he is not scoring.

The sooner the Habs rid themselves of Diago the better.