Game Thread - Habs vs. Caps

Fanpuck33

Not really in the mood to make a nice thread, but volunteered last night to do it so here I am. Reports are that both Kostitsyns are still out and that O'Byrne is back home for family reasons. Lineup is reported to be the same as yesterday's.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn

We badly need AK46

We need him both to be healthy and playing at peak performance. Which illustrates perfectly the weakness of this team - although we do seem to be quite a good squad when everyone is healthy and playing well, these conditions are hardly ever present. So we need one more top-6 forward, or at least one more player capable of playing in the top-6 for stretches (remember Higgins?). Without that extra guy, if any of our top-6 flags or is injured, our offence evaporates.

It's the same way with our D. If either Markov or Hammer go down, we stink. Spacek was supposed to be that 'extra top-2 guy' but so far hasn't delivered.

It also looks like we are going with the same lineup. Can anyone tell me what is the point of having Laraque in the lineup against a stacked Caps team???? With the injuries they have, I just don't get why the habs don't call up Ryan White. They need someone like him to make Lapierre sweat a little - then maybe, just maybe we'll get the Lapierre from last year.

It also looks like we are going with the same lineup. Can anyone tell me what is the point of having Laraque in the lineup against a stacked Caps team???? With the injuries they have, I just don't get why the habs don't call up Ryan White. They need someone like him to make Lapierre sweat a little - then maybe, just maybe we'll get the Lapierre from last year.

I agree. Or call up Desharnais again. He had a pretty good December.

I heard on RDS last night that apparently, the reason why AK46 struggled so much in the first 25 games was that he came into training camp in horrible shape. It took him 2 months just to get back into game shape!

I heard on RDS last night that apparently, the reason why AK46 struggled so much in the first 25 games was that he came into training camp in horrible shape. It took him 2 months just to get back into game shape!

I maybe out of line responding since I don't speak French, but I'd take anything someone on RDS says with a grain of salt -particularly when it comes to the Kostitsyns. From what I've read and heard, RDS announcers have been rafting on AK46 and SK74 all year while going overboard with their love in for Lats and Laps.

maybe, he looked fat in the face....but its from rds so who knows.......

price starts tonight..i really starting to think the only reason halak got all those starts was because they were sh*t team..so he could build his number..so bob could get more in a trade..

price starts tonight..i really starting to think the only reason halak got all those starts was because they were sh*t team..so he could build his number..so bob could get more in a trade..

You may be right, but I think Martin rides the hot hand. Price has let in 2 goals in his last 2 games and Halak is looking tired.

I don't mind Price starting, as long as they go back to Halak for the next game. Both are playing well and we need to keep them that way, rather then letting one sit on the bench for a month. Halak looked tired, a week ago. He should not have played that last game, they should have put Price in after Halak faced so many shots over 5 games.

Riding the hot hand until it is cold is stupid. Getting, and keeping two hot hands is the trick when you have two young goalies. We shall see.

Not many people will be watching this one anyway, given the gold metal game is on at the same time. :)

Haha I plan to watch both games...start with habs, switch to canada, watch 2nd period during first intermission, switch back to gold medal game etc, because in the day in age of sports tickers you know you'll get spoiled by the score!

Boys took an awesome 3 shots on net in the first.. I swear these guys play much more defensively with Price in net. People wonder why they score more with Halak.. maybe because they try to.... They can't sit back this much and hope to keep it close..

Whatever you do, don't believe the shots on goal as reported by the Washington officials. The guys on RDS said we were being outshot 8-3, and *then* we had 2 really good shots on goal from in close, and guess what? The shot total for Mtl. was still at 3! I wonder how many other shots we had that weren't counted...

Boys took an awesome 3 shots on net in the first.. I swear these guys play much more defensively with Price in net. People wonder why they score more with Halak.. maybe because they try to.... They can't sit back this much and hope to keep it close..

IF THEY TRY TO PLAY MORE DEF WITH PRICE IN NET THEY SHOULD DO A BETTER JOB...i cant believe you think there game plan is to make price looks good lol..they score more when halak is in net because the teams halak played against were worst teams..for the most part..now its price fault we cant score lol

IF THEY TRY TO PLAY MORE DEF WITH PRICE IN NET THEY SHOULD DO A BETTER JOB...i cant believe you think there game plan is to make price looks good lol..they score more when halak is in net because the teams halak played against were worst teams..for the most part..now its price fault we cant score lol

I never said any such thing. I never said it was to make Price look good, nor did I put any blame on Price. I simply stated a fact that they are sitting back,again. Maybe it is because they are playing better teams, but I think that is bs. If they were playing such weak teams with Halak, they sure looked crappy defensively doing it. There is a ton of parity in this league and the difference is not the teams they are playing, but the way they are playing against those teams. Maybe they have more confidence with Halak, or maybe they have more confidence offensively against some of those teams.

I have no idea why they are playing this way, but the fact is they are not giving Price the offensive support they need to, and it is not making Price look good, it makes him look bad in the win column. 3 shots or 5, its not going to help them win. By the way, Washington is not a good defensive team in the slightest.

I never said any such thing. I never said it was to make Price look good, nor did I put any blame on Price. I simply stated a fact that they are sitting back,again. Maybe it is because they are playing better teams, but I think that is bs. If they were playing such weak teams with Halak, they sure looked crappy defensively doing it. There is a ton of parity in this league and the difference is not the teams they are playing, but the way they are playing against those teams. Maybe they have more confidence with Halak, or maybe they have more confidence offensively against some of those teams.

I have no idea why they are playing this way, but the fact is they are not giving Price the offensive support they need to, and it is not making Price look good, it makes him look bad in the win column. 3 shots or 5, its not going to help them win. By the way, Washington is not a good defensive team in the slightest.

ok, i dont really care as long as we win..maybe we should put halak in so we could score...