Game Thread - Habs vs. Caps

Fanpuck33

Jesus Christ this Habs edition can be so boring to watch sometimes. Passive without the puck, eager to get rid of it when they finally get it.

Also: GET PACIORETTY OFF THE FREAKING PP ALREADY. Why is Pouliot still not getting any PP time?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick of the goalie talk. It's beyond tired. Driving around the city today, more goalie talk on the radio. I can't wait until Halak is traded, and I like him. Funny thing though, Desjardins is ripping it up in the AHL. So when we're finally rid of Halak, we'll promptly open up another can of worms, a Quebecois goalie versus a western goalie.

Why does Martin insist on playing Mara with Gill? They are our worst d-men. On the second goal they kept backing up and giving up space to the the Caps forwards!

Price let in a weak goal on the third one.

Game over! This team doesn't have what it takes the playoffs! 13 shots on goal in 2 periods...not enough!

If the Habs wanna make the playoffs, they'll need to pick up 49 points in 37 games...Not gonna happen!

Edited by Habsfan

Why does Martin insist on playing Mara with Gill? They are our worst d-men. On the second goal they kept backing up and giving up space to the the Caps forwards!

Price let in a weak goal on the third one.

Game over! This team doesn't have what it takes the playoffs! 13 shots on goal in 2 periods...not enough!

If the Habs wanna make the playoffs, they'll need to pick up 49 points in 37 games...Not gonna happen!

Why would you say that? They're currently sitting in 8th, with a team decimated by injuries to it's best players in the first half of the season.

Why would you say that? They're currently sitting in 8th, with a team decimated by injuries to it's best players in the first half of the season.

Because they haven't done anything to show me that they have what it takes to make the playoffs! I hope you aren't the kind of person who was really impress by this latest road trip, they were against teams that won't make the playoffs. Those were MUST WIN games...and the main reason why they won 6 out of 7 was because of Halak's goaltending(213 shots against in 5 games) and this was against some of the weakest teams in the league. As soon as we play against decent teams, we see what we've been seeing over the past 3 days.

Like I said, 49 points in 37 games is just too much for this team!

On a side note,can Spacek actually take a shot from teh point where he actually hits the net?? I don't think he's taken a decent shot from the point in over 2 weeks!

Because they haven't done anything to show me that they have what it takes to make the playoffs! I hope you aren't the kind of person who was really impress by this latest road trip, they were against teams that won't make the playoffs. Those were MUST WIN games...and the main reason why they won 6 out of 7 was because of Halak's goaltending(213 shots against in 5 games) and this was against some of the weakest teams in the league. As soon as we play against decent teams, we see what we've been seeing over the past 3 days.

Like I said, 49 points in 37 games is just too much for this team!

The kind of person?? What does that mean? The team's playing better with the returning players, that's all there is to it. We're not expected to challenge the Capitals, and could have beat the Sabres, a team comfortably above us in the standings.

Jesus Christ this Habs edition can be so boring to watch sometimes. Passive without the puck, eager to get rid of it when they finally get it.

Also: GET PACIORETTY OFF THE FREAKING PP ALREADY. Why is Pouliot still not getting any PP time?

Ask and you shall receive.

Im listening to CJAD. Is pleks ok? CJAD havent said anything since they came back from a TV break. Im dying here!!!

Ahhhhh, hes back out there. Thank you Jesus! :clap:

Habs on the PP again!

Edited by haber

WTF does Martin keep playing Metro with Cammy and plex on the PP,he has absolutely no chemistry with them. Ever since he has been on the PP with Cammy and Pleks, they haven't been able to do anything.

Ask and you shall receive.

Why Martin doesn't play him with Plex and Cammy on the PP is beyond me. He can play the same type of role that Ak46 did, Metro has absolutely no chemistry with them. I've been saying this for the last three games now :wacko:

Well 4th goal, game over :angry:

The kind of person?? What does that mean?

meaning the kind of person who gets excited over little accomplishments! ;)

usual habs script. Take too many stupid penalties, get badly outshot. Get behind and then pour it on during the last minute. God I hate Martin! :angry:

meaning the kind of person who gets excited over little accomplishments! ;)

The team had a nice road trip, no? On another note, does Jennifer Hedger look hotter than usual tonight??

Edited by Habsy

Tough game once again. The brothers K's absence is felt, particularly on Plex line. He played poorly Sunday, and today was more of the same. Can't blame him though. He played so well in most of the games. Pax is definitely not able to help this line. I can't understand Martin's patience; we need points. I would have tried Dag or Moen. I know that some of you guys don't like Dag, but I think that he got better chances, played better offensively in the last two games than Pax, even though he wasn't playing with two great linemates.

Price could have been better, but we did score only two goals. That doesn't leave a big margin of error.

I don't understand that Gainey did not recall anybody. Anybody, White, Pyatt or Trotter, would have been better than Big Georges. Let's face it, the guy is useless.

Well, at least, we'll be on home ice for the four of the next five games. Hopefully, the brothers K will be back, or someone will be recalled to help a little bit. We should do better.