Game Thread - Habs vs. Caps

Fanpuck33

I am sooo sick of the cycle AWAY from the net. Most teams that score goals cycle towards the net.

Walk before running. The cycle away from the net is the first real cycle the Habs have had in 15 years! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

price acts like that because he hates losing..same as roy did...sidney crosby is the same way, these guys get so piss off and show it on the ice, which i love..i hate guys who dont care and just what their pay check..if you think guys dont play hard in front of price because they dont like him..thats crazy..hockey players dont make it to the nhl with attitude like that(for most part), they end up sitting in their basement writing on forms like this wondering why some 22 year old kids as not won the cup yet..give me a break, this goalie sh*t is getting old..

price acts like that because he hates losing..same as roy did...sidney crosby is the same way, these guys get so piss off and show it on the ice, which i love..i hate guys who dont care and just what their pay check..if you think guys dont play hard in front of price because they dont like him..thats crazy..hockey players dont make it to the nhl with attitude like that(for most part), they end up sitting in their basement writing on forms like this wondering why some 22 year old kids as not won the cup yet..give me a break, this goalie sh*t is getting old..

It's not the anger that bothers me, it's the reaction after a goal where he drops to his knees, looks deafeated, slumps his shoulders, lolls his head, and looks at his defender plaintively. It's the nonchalance bordering on a coma during the play. There is no doubt he's got an immense load of talent: from what I can see, he could easily be an elite goalie. The question is will he put forth the work required and the attitide necessary to become elite. So far, I have to question that.

Maybe Uncle Bob should take Pricey for a walk by the lake. :lol:

It's the nonchalance bordering on a coma during the play. There is no doubt he's got an immense load of talent: from what I can see, he could easily be an elite goalie. The question is will he put forth the work required and the attitide necessary to become elite. So far, I have to question that.

I completely agree with COlin. I think it's safe to say that we all believe that Price has more talent than Halak, the big difference however is in their attitudes. Price seems nonchalant too many times. Lack of concentration... (the 3rd goal last night was a perfect example of that)

If he had Halak's work ethic, he's be top 5 in the league. I think we should start playing our goalies according to their wins. If you lose a game, the other goalie goes in. Maybe it'll motivate Price a little more.

That being said, i'm not ready to give up on the kid. He just needs to mature some more.

Edited by Habsfan

I completely agree with COlin. I think it's safe to say that we all believe that Price has more talent than Halak, the big difference however is in their attitudes. Price seems nonchalant too many times. Lack of concentration... (the 3rd goal last night was a perfect example of that)

If he had Halak's work ethic, he's be top 5 in the league. I think we should start playing our goalies according to their wins. If you lose a game, the other goalie goes in. Maybe it'll motivate Price a little more.

That being said, i'm not ready to give up on the kid. He just needs to mature some more.

he still made 39 saves last night...halak is 2 more years older then price(mature)..i dont think their is another 22 year old kid i would what in net for the habs in the nhl..the problem with price is he plays in montreal..look at roberto luongo when he was in florida, making 39 saves a night and still losing all the time..no matter how good of a goalie you are you let in bad goals and the more shots you get the bigger chance of you letting in bad goals..

halak is a good goalie, price is a good goalie..the reason we are losing is not the goalie fault..

he still made 39 saves last night...halak is 2 more years older then price(mature)..i dont think their is another 22 year old kid i would what in net for the habs in the nhl..the problem with price is he plays in montreal..look at roberto luongo when he was in florida, making 39 saves a night and still losing all the time..no matter how good of a goalie you are you let in bad goals and the more shots you get the bigger chance of you letting in bad goals..

halak is a good goalie, price is a good goalie..the reason we are losing is not the goalie fault..

Early in the season, I would disagree, but right now, goaltending is not the issue for the Habs.

Unfortunately, it was the issue last night.. for the Canadian Jrs. :(

i really think we are set in goal for the next 5 years no matter who we keep..i like price the most and think his going to be great..but halak is also a great goalie..so win win..

i think we should stop fighting about price sucking and start talking about what we need to win and who we might bring in....

Good luck on that. Too many people here think the ONLY reason a team wins or loses is Carey Price.

I mean i agree that the weak US dollar, global warming, H1N1 is all Price's fault, but all the games the habs lose come on.

Good luck on that. Too many people here think the ONLY reason a team wins or loses is Carey Price.

I mean i agree that the weak US dollar, global warming, H1N1 is all Price's fault, but all the games the habs lose come on.

luck for the habs most people here dont run the team...they just talk like they do and anyone that dont agree with them just gets drove crazy fighting about it with them and stop posting..the fact is some people well never be happy..we got the best young goalies in the nhl..i listen to all the leafs,boston(yesterday one told me the leafs goalies are top 5 in the nhl) fans hating on me at work, i hate coming on here and seeing habs fans doing the same but truth is most people only see what they what to see..iam not sure why some guys hate price or halak because both as play great..

Edited by KEEP26

I here you. I have also said the same thing many times. It doesn't bother me who is in net on any given night, goaltending is problem 99 out 100.

I guess it's just easier to blame 1 guy instead of having an intelligent hockey conversation.

How do you get outshot 42-22 every night and blame the goalies? I don't get it.

Early in the season, I would disagree, but right now, goaltending is not the issue for the Habs.

Unfortunately, it was the issue last night.. for the Canadian Jrs. :(

We *were* due to lose. 5 in a row is still pretty good. That goalie melt-down reminded me of Fleury the last time we lost to the USA.

We *were* due to lose. 5 in a row is still pretty good. That goalie melt-down reminded me of Fleury the last time we lost to the USA.

Coaching error. It was obvious Allen was struggling in the first, but they waited until it was almost too late to pull him. The American Coach didn't hesitate. In my opinion, had we pulled Allen in the first, we might have won that in regulation. Maybe, maybe not, but i think our chances would have been better. Good job getting into overtime, but at that point, its a one shot game.

I hope Allen learns and moves on, but some people on this site will already label him a loser. Fleury sure bounced back, but remember, Huet can't win a cup since he let in a goal against Carolina years ago. :)

luck for the habs most people here dont run the team...they just talk like they do and anyone that dont agree with them just gets drove crazy fighting about it with them and stop posting..the fact is some people well never be happy..we got the best young goalies in the nhl..i listen to all the leafs,boston(yesterday one told me the leafs goalies are top 5 in the nhl) fans hating on me at work, i hate coming on here and seeing habs fans doing the same but truth is most people only see what they what to see..iam not sure why some guys hate price or halak because both as play great..

You're absolutely right. Having two good young goalies, and a 3rd in Hamilton (Desjardins) is a fantastic situation. We have depth at the postion, and it's the least of our worries as we go forward.

Guys, honestly, 6 goals in Carey's last 5 starts? Wow. THERE IS NO GOALTENDER PROBLEM!

No man. Halak is outplaying him cuz he wins games agains NYI and Carolina.

Coaching error. It was obvious Allen was struggling in the first, but they waited until it was almost too late to pull him. The American Coach didn't hesitate. In my opinion, had we pulled Allen in the first, we might have won that in regulation. Maybe, maybe not, but i think our chances would have been better. Good job getting into overtime, but at that point, its a one shot game.

I hope Allen learns and moves on, but some people on this site will already label him a loser. Fleury sure bounced back, but remember, Huet can't win a cup since he let in a goal against Carolina years ago. :)

Exactly what I was telling my friends during the game. You could tell he didn't have it by the 2nd goal. It would have taken guts to change him so quickly but that's what good coaching is all about.

I was not all that impressed with Allen and not just because of that last game either. During the shootout with the USA in the round robin game, he was leaving the top corners so wide open, it wasn't funny. After the previous US shooters had exploited this, I couldn't believe our luck when Schroeder tried to go 5-hole. If he goes upstairs like he should have, we still might be in that shootout!

BTW FWIW I never thought Huet was good under pressure. Remember that must-win game against Toronto a few years ago? 6 goals, was it? If Halak had played that game, we would have made the playoffs. Huet was brutal.