I'm a little surpised with Pouliot!

REV-G

Ya, this year Max is not looking so good. He is young though. I will reserve judgement on him until the end of next year. Hell I was willing to Lats another two years.

People are so quick to pass judgement on young players these days, often forgetting many players won't hit their prime until their late 20's or maybe even early 30's. Guys who are able to walk in and play at a high level at 20 usually go in the top 5 picks and have names that tend to end with 'echkin' or 'osby', and so on.

Shit man. I'm going to wait another 3 years for Max Pac until my judgement...

:rolleyes:

I'm not saying Pacioretty will never amount to anything. I'm saying he's clearly in Martin's good graces because he's getting tons of ice and despite not producing either points or hits. That's how it is right now, no need to wait 3 years to make such an easy call. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"favourite" is the key word here. Martin didnt like Lats so he didnt cut him any slack. On the other hand, Pacioretty plays 15 mins per game with PP time, but is all flash and dazzle. He has 3 goals in 44 games, on pace for 5 in 81 game. On top of that he's not nearly physical enough, trying to play a finesse game rather than using his size. But Martin loves him. Seems that Martin favors any player that skates fast, regardless if he can actually do anything. 

so if martinndidnt like him what was the reason? martin been around the game for along time so if martin didnt like him iam sure lats must had issues on the team..i didnt really think martin didnt like lats but he just didnt fit into the team we are trying to build..if your coach keeps telling you to go to the net and you wont do it, you might not keep your job long..

so if martinndidnt like him what was the reason?

I said it: skating. Chipchura didnt get a break either. But look how Dago gets chances after chances despite not doing anything. He skates well. That's pretty much the only reason one can think of. Martin can't work with slow forwards. That's why you never see Laraque past the 1st period.

I said it: skating. Chipchura didnt get a break either. But look how Dago gets chances after chances despite not doing anything. He skates well. That's pretty much the only reason one can think of. Martin can't work with slow forwards. That's why you never see Laraque past the 1st period.

well chipchura(who i love)just couldnt make the team with martin as coach but with guy also..like roy said with lats first made it to the nhl if he wasnt french he wouldnt of been with the team..i think he was right and that hurt lats developiment he was move from the fouth line to the first line with the habs as a young player and i dont think he learn his role..a great third line player, good second line player..he though he was a first liner and when he didnt get that playing time he got a bad attitude about it..i hope him all the best but lats for pouliot you cant pass on that trade..

laraque is the worst player on this team and should be in the ahl..he cant score,cant pass,cant skate, wont fight...he is useless..that why you never see him pass the first period..

Gui with 1 goal and 3 assists so far tonight! For the record, I'm still happy with Benny.

Yeah I just watched the game

2 goals in comeback win vs Chicago

4 pts tonight in a win vs Pitt

Yeah I just watched the game

2 goals in comeback win vs Chicago

4 pts tonight in a win vs Pitt

Glad for him. But obviously he could not do it in Mtl. It was not just Martin. Carbonneau was not a great fan of him either. My opinion is that Guy could not take the heat in Mtl. He is much more comfortable in Minnesota. I'd say that very few Quebecer are able to sustain the pressure of playing in Mtl. The medias are just too fanatic. I guess that it's too much for a lot of players, particularly in an era where players are freer than ever to decide if a situation suits them or not.

Too bad for Montrealers, but it's the way it is in the years 2000.

Haha why do we do this to ourselves?

Just because a players does something on team X doesn't mean he would be the same on team Y, you can't compare them like that, it's teh Riberio trade all over again.

Just because a players does something on team X doesn't mean he would be the same on team Y, you can't compare them like that, it's teh Riberio trade all over again.

Well, at least we got something good back this time.

Well, at least we got something good back this time.

I think it would be more accurate assessment would be - at least we got back SOMETHING this time!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

So how's Higgins doing? :P

My biggest dread is him signing with Leafs cheap next year and being a solid two way 25 goal scorer that he can should be. I think his success got him and management to both raise their expectations too high and he ended upputting to much pressure on himself.

Oh, I'm happy with Poulit turst me

Everybody is benefiting from the trade so far.

What i really like about Pouliot is the way he scores his goals. Clean fast shots to the net.

Great hands, crafty and fast, that it cannot be teach. We have seen so many cement hands

over the years that it is a relief to see him on the ice.

+ his speed doesn't make him a liability on the ice.

The only thing that can go wrong with him his becoming a Brian Savage type, scoring in draft, but

as long as he is playing with an excellent playmaker i can't see that happen when you have hands.

I just re-read the interview with Pouliot, and one thing stuck out - he said that he actually changed the way he plays in response to the trade, and that he'd never been a "crash the net" guy before.

I never saw him play in Minny, but if this is true, it makes it that much more likely that he can sustain this type of play, and also goes towards explaining how a guy with this much talent didn't have better results prior to the trade.

I just re-read the interview with Pouliot, and one thing stuck out - he said that he actually changed the way he plays in response to the trade, and that he'd never been a "crash the net" guy before.

I never saw him play in Minny, but if this is true, it makes it that much more likely that he can sustain this type of play, and also goes towards explaining how a guy with this much talent didn't have better results prior to the trade.

It's a red flag. But not a signal of inevitable doom. Players do change their styles and evolve as they progress.

Latendresse with a hat trick tonight :)

I'm telling you, Ovechkin is getting worried

I needed to laugh today.. tks Rafikz