GDT: Panthers/Habs (Jan. 7, 7:30)

dlbalr

This is frustrating. I hate sitting on a one goal need - just asking for something bad to happen. You would think that they would be able to press, get the second goal and relieve the pressure. :blink:

I wouldn't say they're sitting on it. Both goalies are playing well.

That must be 10 or 11 shots for Cammy. A lot of good ones too. The poor guy can't buy one tonight.

about time - GIONTA!

They can rack up another #1 star performance for Halak - he really got this win!

First honest effort for 60 minutes we've seen in a while. Good game from the boys. Laps and Dags looked a lot better than usual. Even Laraque had his moments.

2 pages when I log in for the game thread. Pathetic. Guess we're run everyone else off.

Markov is allowing Gorges to play with confidence. Pouliot is fun to watch. You can tell Gio is struggling coming off the injury. You can tell Plex is struggling being exhausted after over-use. We have a lot of tired guys out there.

I wouldn't say they're sitting on it. Both goalies are playing well.

That must be 10 or 11 shots for Cammy. A lot of good ones too. The poor guy can't buy one tonight.

Dag was a big help on that line tonight. Glad Martin finally removed Plex. As I wrote earlier, he is not able yet to contribute offensively on a 1st or 2nd line.

Dag was a big help on that line tonight. Glad Martin finally removed Plex. As I wrote earlier, he is not able yet to contribute offensively on a 1st or 2nd line.

He definitely had a better game tonight, but man I wish he would learn how to pass.(not that he didn't try they just never seem to end up on anyone stick).

Good game by most of our guys...especially Halak. I also liked Pouliot tonight. The Kid has played well!

2 more points for Gomez!

He definitely had a better game tonight, but man I wish he would learn how to pass.(not that he didn't try they just never seem to end up on anyone stick).

He made a nice pass to Cam who had a good shot on the goal. I think he is a good passer. He just lacks confidence right now. Passes when he should shoot, most of the time. Let him score a few goals and his play will look a lot better.

Edited by JCPetit

Huh?

Huh?

Good game by most of our guys...especially Halak. I also liked Pouliot tonight. The Kid has played well!

2 more points for Gomez!

Looks like Pouliot is finally coming along. Mark my word: he's a steal.

Since a few games, I don't like the way Gionta passes the puck. These are not on the tape at all and sometimes cost good opportunities.

But otherwise, I really enjoy watching Gionta on the ice. He's hell of a small player. The chemistry with Gomez and Pouliot could be really nice in the future.

First honest effort for 60 minutes we've seen in a while. Good game from the boys. Laps and Dags looked a lot better than usual. Even Laraque had his moments.

Thats probably cuz we can compete with teams like this. When we face teams like Washington we have to hope that our goalie bales us out. Except for that late push in that game, we never had a chance. They played with us.

Hope im wrong.

Montreal pulled out a important regulation victory tonight. The fact of the matter is, we needed these points against a team in the same race that we are in. It will prove to be even more important when the teams below us start to make up games. It’s important not to fall below the .500 mark.

However, I am really concerned with the other teams, and how quickly they could pass us in the playoff race when they finally make up in games played. So far we are not losing ground, or gaining ground. It would nice to see them all lose the three games but I think that might be too much to hope for.

New Jersey on Saturday will much more challenging, our record against current playoff contending teams is not all that great, I believe it is 7 wins. However, there is some hope, NJ plays Friday night so perhaps it will effect Saturday’s game

Yea, Lapierre, Laraque and D'Agi actually looked like they belonged on the ice. That's nice to see for a change.

Even when they win they are hard to watch.

I'll be a little more interested in how they play against good teams. Deviols Saturday, let's see what they can do.

I certainly know what the cure for insomnia is, Saturday's game.

Let's hope they keep the ball rolling.

Lapierre played a hell of a game last night. It was so nice to see. Marky was great on both ends. When Gomez has wingers, he is fun to watch. He flies into the zone carrying the puck and finds the pass. I know his salary is crazy, but he is a good hockey player. Poor little Gio can't pass at all. Skate fast, dig in the boards, create turnovers, shoot! don't pass anymore. hahaha

We gotta stay with Halak on Saturday.

4 goals in 8 games !

Latendwho?

Latendresse is doing well in Minny

Remember, Pouliot was not doing so well there.

Both players are benefiting form the trade, it's a win-win