Cammalleri - Plekanec - D'Agostini

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen

Bergeron- Lapierre - O'Byrne

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gill - Mara

Halak

Italicized players are presumptions on my part - O'Byrne is back, either Laraque or Mara will likely sit, no word officially on who's in net.

Projected New Jersey (30-11-1) Lineup:

Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Rolston - McAmmond - Elias

Pandolfo - Niedermayer - Bergfors

Letourneau-Leblond - Pelley - Zharkov

Oduya - Greene

White - Mottau

Fraser - Salvador

Brodeur

Puck drop is at 7:00.

TV: CBC, RDS

Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Tampa-Devils game got suspended. Theoretically that should give them more rest since they didn't play the full game, however I'm guessing that waiting two hours to find out there was no game is no fun. I think they're prime for the taking, if the Habs would show up.

Well, the Tampa-Devils game got suspended. Theoretically that should give them more rest since they didn't play the full game, however I'm guessing that waiting two hours to find out there was no game is no fun. I think they're prime for the taking, if the Habs would show up.

I share the same feeling.

D'Agostini shouldn't be on the top line, I'd try MAB there. He's got some stick skills and a good one-timer for a patented Plex pass. Move Dago to the Metro line and Laps/Moen/White on the 4th.

Let's see what we do against legitimate opposition - couldn't get too excited about Florida. It's the Sabres and Caps this week that were my benchmarks. Hope Martin can inspire our boys to believe in themselves.

Pax is getting the chance with Plex and Cammi. This is his chance to really get it right. He's got a long-term injury to the main winger for this line, his play has improved a little since his almost-benching, and his spot on this line makes for a well-balanced combination (passer-shooter-banger). He's had the chances before, now he needs to go out realizing that he could make all the difference. Confidence is his number one enemy at the moment, so if he can work hard and get to the right spots to make things happen, perhaps he can find an inch of space to regain that confidence. He was almost a point-per-game player for a stretch there, time to re-capture that 'zone' and really launch his career.

Pax is getting the chance with Plex and Cammi. This is his chance to really get it right. He's got a long-term injury to the main winger for this line, his play has improved a little since his almost-benching, and his spot on this line makes for a well-balanced combination (passer-shooter-banger). He's had the chances before, now he needs to go out realizing that he could make all the difference. Confidence is his number one enemy at the moment, so if he can work hard and get to the right spots to make things happen, perhaps he can find an inch of space to regain that confidence. He was almost a point-per-game player for a stretch there, time to re-capture that 'zone' and really launch his career.

I sure hope it's confidence, thought that's impossible for anyone to really say. We really need Pax to become a possible 20-25 goal scorer. I worry that maybe, he's a good skater, but can't finish.

According to Habs Inside Out, Dag is going to play with Plex and Cammi. Makes sense, Pax played the first two games with them and wasn't able to contribute. Dag played one game and did better, although the line wasn't able to produce. At least, Cammi and Plex had some chances, which did not happen when they were playing with Pax.

I sure hope it's confidence, thought that's impossible for anyone to really say. We really need Pax to become a possible 20-25 goal scorer. I worry that maybe, he's a good skater, but can't finish.

As thin as the habs are up front right now, I really think the habs need to send MaxPax to Hamilton. Let him get some confidence and the coach down there is supposed to be good with young players. I know that means getting another AHL player up with the Habs, but I just don;t want the habs to realize too late (like with Lats), that MaxPax needs time in the minors. Seems the same stubborness in trying to force-feed MaxPax as a NHL forward, the same way Gainey kept starting Price when everyone else in the world could see how much he was struggling.

MaxPax not only needs confidence scoring, but needs to learn to keep his head up, both hands on the stick and the stick down on the ice to be able take passes and be ready for tips-ins. He's waving his stick around in the air way to often,