GDT: Senators/Habs, Jan. 16, 7:00 PM

dlbalr

I have a theory too. Halak wins against bad teams. That is good. Price sometimes blows it against bad teams. But, like I said before, it is easier to win against Florida and Carolina than Washington and Pittsburgh. Halak has not beaten a single strong team this year. So the question is...Is it about Halak and Price? Or is the issue the team.

the issue is the team..we are missing pieces..we not scoring enough..i think the fouth and thrid line could be better..

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Lats would have had this level of success in Montreal?

Yes I do. Given enough time he would have produced. How many times did I say we have to be patient with Power forwards?? At least 50! BUt once again, after only 3 seasons, we gave up on a promising young talented power forward. Gui didn't get the icetime or the PP time to get those goals. I thought this was obvious enough with the the whopping 0 minutes of PP time he got in his first 3 seasons, all the while scoring 50 goals and playing 10-12 minutes per game on the 3rd line!

Gainey supporters will have to face the fact that this organization can't DEVELOP its good young prospects. Lats is not the first one to be forced out of Montreal. Blind support of everything Gainey does will not make you a better fan. Bob fv.cked up on a few occasions and it seems to be happenning more often

Secondly, Price is not making the BIG saves when needed. He had a few last night. But let's face it with the team we go, we NEED our goalies to make those momentum changing saves. You can talk all you want about SOG, Save percentage, GOA, but the bottom line is that RIGHT NOW, Halak is making the big saves at the right time.

Well Said. Price is NOT making the big saves, and that can be very important for a team. When a team has confidence in its goalie, it can make all the difference in the world. I also believe that the team(the other players) are starting to trust Halak more than Price!

Yes I do. Given enough time he would have produced. How many times did I say we have to be patient with Power forwards?? At least 50! BUt once again, after only 3 seasons, we gave up on a promising young talented power forward. Gui didn't get the icetime or the PP time to get those goals. I thought this was obvious enough with the the whopping 0 minutes of PP time he got in his first 3 seasons, all the while scoring 50 goals and playing 10-12 minutes per game on the 3rd line!

Gainey supporters will have to face the fact that this organization can't DEVELOP its good young prospects. Lats is not the first one to be forced out of Montreal. Blind support of everything Gainey does will not make you a better fan. Bob fv.cked up on a few occasions and it seems to be happenning more often

Gainey supporters?? Blind support?? I give up. Who's doing that? This idea of blind support is ridiculous. Why not add a kool-aid comment as well? The trade looks good for both teams, let's see what the future holds, come what may. Why does everybody have to be labelled on this site?

Edited by Habsy

Halak's play is usually very good, with the very occasional bad game. And this talk of the quality of his opposition is utter nonsense. 40 shots is 40 shots, no matter who is taking them.

I disagree here. I'm sure a 10 shots game by Ovechkin gives you more chance to win this game than a 40 shots game by the Panthers.

One can argue till their blue in the face about moves that have been made; one way or the other. The bottom line is that the results, warranted by the famous Montreal Canadiens, have NOT been achieved to date under Bob's tenure. Currently the proceedings look like a train wreck looking for a place to happen.