GDT: Senators/Habs, Jan. 16, 7:00 PM

dlbalr

How the Hell are they not burying a team with a career AHL goalie and half an AHL roster!!!!

It should be 6-0 for the Habs right now.

I'm more and more convinced that Martin is over-the-hill as a coach. This team is disorganized: has all the trouble in the world to launch a simple PP wave, always make iffy lines changes, dont know where to position & pass in the defensive zone, dont know where to go to support a teammate pinned on the board, etc.

It's ugly to watch.

The only question I'd have about your post, do the players need THAT much instruction?? I mean, they've all been at the highest levels of hockey for 20 years.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Markov's been terrible tonight. Price hasn't been sharp, no doubt, but that Alfie goal was on Andrei. He's made some bad reads tonight, on pinches, passes, and on one-on-one situations. And obviously the PP isn't producing, which usually is at least 40% Markov when it's going.

Markov's been terrible tonight. Price hasn't been sharp, no doubt, but that Alfie goal was on Andrei. He's made some bad reads tonight, on pinches, passes, and on one-on-one situations. And obviously the PP isn't producing, which usually is at least 40% Markov when it's going.

I don't mean to be a thorn in your side...but you can't name many nights where markov has a bad one. I personally think the powerplay struggles should be pointed at a) Martin for not recognizing metropolit is not working with pleks and cammy. b) spacek needs a designated target practice for himself c) MAB and Gomez need to put the bromance down for each other and consider other options.

I think it's going to take an even strength goal for us to prevail...and if we do....It will be in OT or a shootout.

I don't mean to be a thorn in your side...but you can't name many nights where markov has a bad one. I personally think the powerplay struggles should be pointed at a) Martin for not recognizing metropolit is not working with pleks and cammy. b) spacek needs a designated target practice for himself c) MAB and Gomez need to put the bromance down for each other and consider other options.

I think it's going to take an even strength goal for us to prevail...and if we do....It will be in OT or a shootout.

No doubt. I was just pointing out that Markov is having a rare bad night. Doesn't happen too often, but it's happening now.

My point is we have one unit. As soon as Markov and Bergeron leave the ice, the PP is effectively over. Gomez, Gionta, and Pouliot have to keep the play down low, but that makes them easy to defend.

I have no idea how Spacek did so well last year, he looks terrible offensively to me.

I knew what you were saying and agree; I was just enjoying the phenomenal efficiency and competence before tonight. :-)

Looks like it will be tough to rise up and take this game. Ottawa seems pretty on the ball. However, this team has won a lot of games when it didn't look at all good. Weasel see.

And that is all she wrote... remember, this was the easy game against a beat up opponent that we should have won and put points in the bank... lose tomorrow and we blew a perfect weekend to jump up in the standings.

It's a one goal loss, not the end of the world, not as bad as some people are exclaiming on here haha. Plek/Cammy need a winger, they look so lost without someone. I wish they'd keep Pax there, he at least has speed. Also, wtf at the strange linechanges, dump the puck in minute left, empty net...and linechange? WTF!

meh. outcoached again. i've said it before. the coach's tell their forwards to forecheck hard and beat our matrix defense. 2 out of six can actually skate fast TWO! |Then keep the oompa loompas to the outside. Habs got outplayed in every aspect of the game. Tomorrow better be better or 12th place here we come.

Edited by BCHabnut

And that is all she wrote... remember, this was the easy game against a beat up opponent that we should have won and put points in the bank... lose tomorrow and we blew a perfect weekend to jump up in the standings.

Maybe so, but there are very few 'easy games' left in the parody world of the NHL.

Just plain outworked in that game. Had a good start, but when the results didn't come Ottawa got encouraged and kept getting better. The HAbs' shots on goal were generally scattershot and desperate.

Wait, who said this was going to be an easy game we should have won?

I'mreally starting to believe that not only are there no quick fixes -- there are not many levers for 2010-2011, either, with the cap system.

Actually there are. The reason the teams are forechecking us so hard is because our defense can't skate! They are the slowest defense in the league. Guaranteed. The games we lose, the gameplan is always the same. Dump and chase. Hem in the slow D. You watch that puck go to the right boards and that fraction of a second that it takes the defender to switch from the backhand to the forehand is all that's needed or the forechecker to regain possession. Thankfully the team is very deep in defensive prospects. At least one has to turn out good. Add to that a year with a few less injuries than we've had in the last two, and they might be OK in the future. I also see positives in Boucher's coaching. I actually think that if Martin doesn't succeed in 2010/2011, and Boucher continues his impressive resume, you may see him in the big team. Hopefully it works the other way where The depth in developement improves and the organizational strength makes them a contender. Boucher grooming the Dogs and Martin wotking with the Habs. Honestly I have liked the teams work ethic this year.

I saw the game in snatches, but once we fell behind I never had the impression we were going to score. I think the Sens deserve credit - they played a very strong defensive game.

We can blame Price or the D or whatever, but in fact I've thought for a while that this team just doesn't have enough top-6 talent up front. This was a problem from the very beginning, as BTH in particular identified. Pouilot helps, but he arrived just as Kostitsyn went down, so we remain caught in that dilemma. (Even when Kosty returns, who knows whether he'll be the beast we saw for the preceding month, or the clueless dork we saw for most of the first half?).

A team that is short on offensive talent is going to have trouble when the other guys get 3+ goals. One more bona-fide top-6 forward might really change the complexion of this team, putting us over the hump in games like this; but that's easier said than done of course.

Anyway - I still kinda like these guys and I'm not counting them out yet. It's only one game.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Wait, who said this was going to be an easy game we should have won?

Compared to tomorrow against the Rangers? With Ottawa so beat up? I would say this was the easy game this weekend.... yes.. yes I would. ;)