GDT: St. Louis vs Montreal

dlbalr

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that game with the Rangers reminded me of the game in Vancouver early in the season (team hanging their goalie out to dry), but this game looks to be right up there.

How can we be a tentative, sit back, defensive team, and give up this many odd man opportunities? At least Washington is going all out on the offense to explain their defense.. what exactly is our excuse?

Anyone else wondering how good this team would be with Muller as the coach? He runs the special teams now and every time I hear McGuire comment on a good message on the bench.. it is from muller... hmmm

"But he's inexperienced"

:rolleyes:

"But he's inexperienced"

:rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who is behind the bench on this team...the real person who's gotta go is the GM. Just because you were a great hockey player doesn't mean you have an ability to coach or GM. Ex: see wayne gretzky

I've been a Habs fan since I'm 4 or 5, which is about 30 years. This is the first time in my life that I can't stomach to watch games. Even in the darkest days of the Houle era there was still the somewhat masochist pleasure of watching just to see if some obscure reclamation project would overachieve. But this? This team is loaded with talent and works hard, but they lack any oomph.

I've been a Habs fan since I'm 4 or 5, which is about 30 years. This is the first time in my life that I can't stomach to watch games. Even in the darkest days of the Houle era there was still the somewhat masochist pleasure of watching just to see if some obscure reclamation project would overachieve. But this? This team is loaded with talent and works hard, but they lack any oomph.

Same here, but I've been watching them for 40 years................................ ;)

I have the game on, (on my smaller TV) and I'm watching the Top Prospects game on by big TV.........and there was just has a scrap!

Edited by kenadian

It doesn't matter who is behind the bench on this team...the real person who's gotta go is the GM. Just because you were a great hockey player doesn't mean you have an ability to coach or GM. Ex: see wayne gretzky

Nah. If Carbo was still behind the bench, this team would be flying. Martin hasnt improved our defense one iota; but he completely killed our offense. Carbo didnt lack hockey acumen and his system was simple & dynamic for players willing to skate; he just lacked such players and reliable vets. We have all of that now but they're asked to play an outdated system where they have to stand idle when they dont have the puck. I can't understand why Martin hasnt understood yet that it's not working anymore in 2010.

Anyway, I'm starting to count days until Guy Boucher gets the job. He's doing miracles in Hamilton considering all the call-ups and injuries. 3rd best offense and 2nd best defense in the AHL. 

Nah. If Carbo was still behind the bench, this team would be flying. Martin hasnt improved our defense one iota; but he completely killed our offense. Carbo didnt lack hockey acumen and his system was simple & dynamic for players willing to skate; he just lacked such players and reliable vets. We have all of that now but they're asked to play an outdated system where they have to stand idle when they dont have the puck. I can't understand why Martin hasnt understood yet that it's not working anymore in 2010.

Anyway, I'm starting to count days until Guy Boucher gets the job. He's doing miracles in Hamilton considering all the call-ups and injuries. 3rd best offense and 2nd best defense in the AHL.

Maybe he can bring the entire team up with him. :)

This season does seem to make Carbo look like he wasn't the problem. It also says to me Koivu wasn't the problem either. As we don't even have a captain.

Same here, but I've been watching them for 40 years................................ ;)

I have the game on, (on my smaller TV) and I'm watching the Top Prospects game on by big TV.........and there was just has a scrap!

If you are a habs fan, shouldn't you be watching some shitty US Highschool Hockey, that's where MTL's top pick will be coming from if Trevor and Robert are still sinking this ship.

Oh God, don't be such a drama queen. This is by FAR not the worst shape I've seen the Habs in. Last season was way worse by leaps and bounds. The thing I love about this team (with the exception of last night, and a couple other games) is that they have tons of hustle and don't give up. Guys like Cammy, Gionta and Pleks aren't the headcases we've become used to. Even if they are slumping, it's not because they aren't trying.

The problem I see with this team so far (aside from injuries, which are a big reason we are where we are) is that they make a lot of errors. But that's something that the coach has to work on over time (not 2 or 3 games). I'm talking over the course of seasons. It's to be expected that a group of new players and a new coach get together and don't automatically play up to their potential. It takes time. But that's fine. I would rather have a team that's rough around the edges than a team with no drive.

Edited by ForumGhost

This is so painful to watch. No forecheck, no pressure on the puck, no hits, no shots... just tons of getting rid of the puck and running around aimlessly. I wonder if any Blues player has broke a sweat in the 2nd period yet.

Penalty Habs. Of course. 1 guy works and 4 guys watch him.

Tough call on the 5-3.. but I have confidence they will kill this off. Unfortunately, I have no confidence we can come back in this game. Maybe our scoring line with two defensemen on it will do the trick.. lol

This season does seem to make Carbo look like he wasn't the problem. It also says to me Koivu wasn't the problem either. As we don't even have a captain.

Not sure a captain would change anything. Unlike last season, it's not an attitude/work ethic problem. I think with the Sergei K and Lats cases it's clear Gainey wants to be swifter in dealing with bad attitudes.