NYR vs HABS

JoeLassister

Thank God for RDS!

I wonder if we have the movement of George to thank for the renewed energy.

Maybe.

Remember Carbo's concept of team toughness?

That's why he was against BGL coming to Montreal

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, Pleks has been having an off night, but that was a beauty.. maybe it will get his mojo going again.

really?? He has a goal and an assist! I'd say that's a good night!

Have you noticed how the Habs play harder for Halak than they do for Price?

I'm pretty sure they don't like Carey's attitude

Although I know you're just speculating, I'd say you might be onto something here!?!?!

Have you noticed how the Habs play harder for Halak than they do for Price?

I'm pretty sure they don't like Carey's attitude

complete bullshit. why go and post negativity on a night like this?

complete bullshit. why go and post negativity on a night like this?

Because I can :popcorn:

Although I know you're just speculating, I'd say you might be onto something here!?!?!

Maybe ^_^

Yes, he was having an off night. He had one assist and was struggling in the circle. He had a ton of chances but he just wasn't burying them. You may have noticed he was in a goal scoring rut for about 3 weeks now. Hence I was glad to see he scored a beauty rather then get stoned again.

really?? He has a goal and an assist! I'd say that's a good night!

Way to go Halak.. a statement game with a shutout against the Rangers after that miserable game last time out.

And way to go to the entire team, who have now played two solid 60 minute games.

I hope we can stop the BS about Halak only plays bad teams now.

Way to go Halak.. a statement game with a shutout against the Rangers after that miserable game last time out.

And way to go to the entire team, who have now played two solid 60 minute games.

:clap:

Because I can :popcorn:

Maybe ^_^

Spoken like somebody who's never played a sport. Sorry, but you don't not score goals because your goalie is not your best friend. Pro sports don't work that way, period. The list of teams that succeded with conflict is huge.

Yeah, Halak finally played good against good teams. I still think we have a 1a 1b goalie tandem.

Spoken like somebody who's never played a sport. Sorry, but you don't not score goals because your goalie is not your best friend. Pro sports don't work that way, period. The list of teams that succeded with conflict is huge.

Lighten up Carey

Great game, back in 8th for the time being. Hopefully the Bruins and the Rangers continue their free fall. What a Great couple of games for Halak. And this is coming from a Price "supporter" and man can Cammy ever fire the puck. The best signing of the off season by far.

The games next week will be HUGE. Florida, Tampa, and Ottawa. All must wins, if this team has any chance of making the post season. They gotta start picking up points on the teams with games in hand.

Am I the only one to see the obvious? Pouliot has great talent. Did you see that deflection? Awfully quick and he managed to lift his skate, to make sure that the puck would go through. Just before, did I see that he made a nifty little shot close to the goal crease with the stick between his legs?

IMO, we haven't seen all his tricks yet. He has got a strong slap shot, with a very short back swing. I think he will score a bunch of goals using it, once his teamates will learn to feed him on the fly.

He doesn't have many assists so far, but I also believe that he is a good passer. It's just a question of time and he'll find a way to feed a few quick ones to Gionta and Gomez.

Pouliot is a steal.

A few words about the others: Spacek played his best game of the year, looked a lot like the excellent defenseman who played with Buffalo; great game by Halak, a role model for the younger Carey Price; Gomez has 16 points in his last 15 games (where were Higgins, Valentenko and McDonaugh?); Cammy is Cammy, a small winger with a big heart (same thing about Gionta); Lapierre was flying on the ice and Darche looked like a dependable veteran winger; nice to SK74, did not play much but showed the usual flair with the puck; finally, O'Byrne was physical and displayed good form against Voros.

All in all, I give a 10 to our guys.

What a game!

Edited by JCPetit

Am I the only to see the obvious? Pouliot has great talent. Did you see that deflection? Awfully quick and he managed to lift his skate, to make sure that the puck would go through. Just before, did I see that he made a nifty little shot close to the goal crease with the stick between his legs?

IMO, we haven't seen all his tricks yet. He has got a strong slap shot, with a very short back swing. I think he will score a bunch of goals using it, once his teamates will learn to feed him on the fly.

He doesn't have many assists so far, but I also believe that he is a good passer. It's just a question of time and he'll find a way to feed a few quick ones to Gionta and Gomez.

Pouliot is a steal.

A few words about the others: Spacek played his best game of the year, looked a lot like the excellent defenseman who played with Buffalo; great game by Halak, a role model for the younger Carey Price; Gomez has 16 points in his last 15 games (where were Higgins, Valentenko and McDonaugh?); Cammy is Cammy, a small winger with a big heart (same thing about Gionta); Lapierre was flying on the ice and Darche looked like a dependable veteran winger; nice to SK74, did not play much but showed the usual flair with the puck; finally, O'Byrne was physical and displayed good form against Voros.

All in all, I give a 10 to our guys.

What a game!

+1

I don't want to jinx it, but so far Pouliot looks just great - the greatest testament to him is that he makes you not care what Latendresse does in Minny. And that fight was awesome, I think now that Laraque is gone the guys really want to show they won't be pushed around. Let's hope it lasts.