Habs @ Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Man this team can frustrate me... hanging on to the playoffs, played great on the weekend, then come to Florida and play like crap.

14 shots... what a joke.

Oh, and how do you only get 14 shots, yet play so bad defensively.. I mean.. is this a coaching strategy?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: I thought we were gonna win this one for sure

Wow.. this team is completely incompetent with the goalie out.. never even established possession in the offensive zone.. about 5 dumb plays in a row to give the puck away....

What happened to the aggressive play from the weekend?

Oh, and how much do you want to bet Price gets the next start... as per our discussion in another thread.. as opposed to giving Halak another start and the team a kick in the ass!!

Ya, so what? Two games in two nights, the Florida swing, what's wrong with giving both goalies a start? Some of you just can't resist.

Oh, and how much do you want to bet Price gets the next start... as per our discussion in another thread.. as opposed to giving Halak another start and the team a kick in the ass!!

I think Martin is going with the whole win and your in thing, no matter how well you played. So you can bet your ass Price will be in tomorrow. It just works out that it is a 2 games in 2 nights situation.

Because Halak has never gotten to start after a loss in his entire career with the habs... He wasn't the problem, so why change the goalie... then.. let Price play the next game... this is all about showing Halak some respect and calling the team out.. its about people management... etc... it has nothing to do with Price, but with Halak.... If that was Price and I called for him to play again (which happens all the time, would anyone be surprised.. nope...

Ya, so what? Two games in two nights, the Florida swing, what's wrong with giving both goalies a start? Some of you just can't resist.

He has broken that rule many times this season, for Price only... :) I want to see him do it for Halak.. nothing against Price, I just want to see Halak deal with coming back from a loss and playing again right away... see how he does.

I think Martin is going with the whole win and your in thing, no matter how well you played. So you can bet your ass Price will be in tomorrow. It just works out that it is a 2 games in 2 nights situation.

In other news, anyone able to explain the JM incompetence of pulling your goalie why doing a line change without possession, putting some of your worse players on the ice all the while... I just don't get what he is thinking...

In other news, anyone able to explain the JM incompetence of pulling your goalie why doing a line change without possession, putting some of your worse players on the ice all the while... I just don't get what he is thinking...

:lol: I was thinking the same thing...Why the hell are these guys on the ice now?

Haha...I just want to say...I swear JM has ADHD...every line was different everytime I seen it, he's throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

As an aside...a habs player is literally going to have to die to get a penalty call. I'm not sure if it's the way habs fans in Montreal bemoan everytime they think theres a penalty or what, but the refs are biased against them. Hammer is not a small player..if you couldn't see the high stick then you need to hang up your whistle. A habs player will die and it'll be 2 minutes for delay of game on the habs player cause they have to clear away his corpse.

Edited by bar

WTF was Spacek doing on the ice at 6 on 4 in the dying seconds?

Why was Markov on the bench?

Oh, and Matthias OWNED us tonight

2 goals, and cancelled a Hbs PP by pissing Gomez off ^_^

Sure, since you asked.

JM had to roll his two scoring lines in the last couple minutes to increase any chances at getting a goal. But since there was no whistle in the last 3-4 minutes, he couldn't use a timeout to rest his top players and was forced to send out fresh legs. As for the goalie thng, Halak left his net before the dump. I dunno who dumped it, but it was their bad.

Edited by ForumGhost

Can someone please explain how, after Plex got called for holding when he grabbed a shirt for a split second in the first, the guy who held and then high sticked Hamr in the face didn't get 6 minutes? The replay was very clear. First one hand comes off the stick and both hands go to Hamr's shoulders and pull him slightly off balance, then he loses control of said stick and slashes Hamr in the face. Turned off the game after that point. I've had about enough.

Pathetic but not only for the result a game lost in regulation.

Pathetic because the way they played the whole game.

- Played fancy with the puck all night, never took the body.

- No shots on goal for 12 minutes against the Panthers.

- The coach gave them a day off in Florida, see what it gives.

- Speaking of that break, that was a dum dum decision.

- Metropolit, Lapierre, Gill, Gionta, Spacek were the worst players out there.

Well if anyone wants to know why people say the habs are easy to play against, i give you exhibit A.

At least there was one team on the ice who recognized the importance of the game, ufortunately it wasn't the habs.

Obviously there is only one person to blame, Price, we all know if Halak played they would have won the game.

I think i can sum it up this way:

16 shots on goal

30+ turnovers easily

No physical play, lost every battle

Drew 1 penalty

Blind, dumb passes and plays all night

I guess the good news is they should be well rested for tonight's game.

Let's be honest here

They have 6 reliable forwards, the little 5 and Moen. The other 6 show up once or twice a month.

Defensively they have Markov, out of the next 5 D they have 4 odf them in the top 12 in turnovers. They can't pass or win any battles.

They have 2 real good young goalies.

Not really a recipe for success. It's a miracle they are 500.

Well if anyone wants to know why people say the habs are easy to play against, i give you exhibit A.

At least there was one team on the ice who recognized the importance of the game, ufortunately it wasn't the habs.

I wouldn't say the Panthers outplayed the habs the entire game, they were as lackluster as the habs for most of the game.

Obviously there is only one person to blame, Price, we all know if Halak played they would have won the game.

Haha..I don't get this, Price was on the bench :unsure:

I think i can sum it up this way:

16 shots on goal

30+ turnovers easily

No physical play, lost every battle

Agreed, especially about the turnovers.

Drew 1 penalty

Honestly they 'drew' at least 4 more penalties that were never called.

Defensively they have Markov, out of the next 5 D they have 4 odf them in the top 12 in turnovers. They can't pass or win any battles.

People are gonna yell at me for this, but I love the pairing of Gill/Obryne...those two are intimidating, they towered over a lot of the panthers forwards, and there was no rough stuff partly because of them. Ob is actually making some decent passes, but the forwards fell back to their normal role of waiting near the red line for a pass. The best D in the worl cannot make those kinds of passes all game long.

I hope Halak starts tonight so Brobin can stop whining :lol: I kid I kid.

Edited by bar

Haha ok I figured it was something like that, either that...or you were so blinded in rage at the habs play that your brain got stuck in some weird time warp red zone thing and you misremembred who played! They say the mind is the first thing to go -_-