Is PK Subban ready?

I was not saying the same thing about D'Agi.

Glad to hear it. But for me, both situations are IDENTICALS !

Enough of rushing players in the NHL when they look good after 2 games.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are the same at all, Subban has been an above average player everywhere he has been including the AHL. You can't teach his skating ability, agility on his skates and his ability to move the puck.

I'm not saying rush him, but he will be on the team next year.

D'Agi probably dominated in pee wee's or something, was a late pick, and other then a 5 game stretch is pretty much worthless. If he were waived i doubt any one even picks him up.

Gill, perhaps.

But who will pay $3.8M/yr for two more years (a contract that CANNOT come of the books) for a defender who is seriously struggling and may even retire (contract remains on the books as he was signed O-35)? If... IF he's tradeable, it's only if WE put in the added incentive. Otherwise, that contract will be on our books for the next two years.

Put it this way - if you were GM of any other team in the league, would you want Spacek? Take your time, look at all the teams, and then answer that question.

If he is about to retire, he's even easier to move. Team's that need to make the floor would love a retiring player. You don't have to pay them and they count against the cap.

If he is about to retire, he's even easier to move. Team's that need to make the floor would love a retiring player. You don't have to pay them and they count against the cap.

Well, find that team and you've got one that Gauthier is speaking to. Getting a deal done is another thing. Montreal would have to send added value.

Spacek> I seem to remember a guy who was brought into Toronto because of his credentials, late in his career; who struggled mightly. That same player went to Detroit and had pretty damn good success. I believe with all the injuries Spacek was put into a position which has not been in his comfort zone. I still believe he is a good player.

HOLY MURPHY

Spacek> I seem to remember a guy who was brought into Toronto because of his credentials, late in his career; who struggled mightly. That same player went to Detroit and had pretty damn good success. I believe with all the injuries Spacek was put into a position which has not been in his comfort zone. I still believe he is a good player.

HOLY MURPHY

Well, there's also the whole Toronto vs Detroit quality difference too. I'm sure Spacek would look a lot better with a lot more support.

I don't think they are the same at all, Subban has been an above average player everywhere he has been including the AHL. You can't teach his skating ability, agility on his skates and his ability to move the puck.

I'm not saying rush him, but he will be on the team next year.

D'Agi probably dominated in pee wee's or something, was a late pick, and other then a 5 game stretch is pretty much worthless. If he were waived i doubt any one even picks him up.

Well, about their impression in the NHL, so far they are the same.

The last thing I want for P.K. is to see him turn out being booed because he was rushed... If that mean to finish the season in the AHL, so be it.

PK's style makes me a little nervous. He will get caught and he will get booed. There is no question. He is fun to watch though. I think we finally have a right handed stud defenseman in the making.

I watched him in Hamilton a bit a month plus ago, and there's no question but that he has excellent skills.

But there's got to be a reason why he's been kept to mature in the Dog house. I have to assume its the defensive side of his game, but that 's just a guess. I think they should bring him up when he's ready, today or next year; not my responsibility , or my call.