Markov hugs Price

ForumGhost

Price's biggest problem is his lack of maturity. I've always said that I liked the Kid. He's big and he's got talent oozing out of his butthole. But until he matures a little more, my feeling is that he'll continue to be front page news for all the wrong reasons.

I mean, it,s obvious that AT THIS MOMENT, Halak is the better goalie. Ride him till the end of the year. I'm not saying that the Habs should keep price on the bench for the next 2 1/2 months, but instead of giving Price 2/3 of the games, Halak should get 2/3 of the games! Then Bob will have to figure out which goalie he wants to keep for next year. Hopefully by then Carey will have learned a few things and will come to training camp with more maturity and with a better work ethic!

This!

Price's biggest problem is his lack of maturity. I've always said that I liked the Kid. He's big and he's got talent oozing out of his butthole. But until he matures a little more, my feeling is that he'll continue to be front page news for all the wrong reasons.

I mean, it,s obvious that AT THIS MOMENT, Halak is the better goalie. Ride him till the end of the year. I'm not saying that the Habs should keep price on the bench for the next 2 1/2 months, but instead of giving Price 2/3 of the games, Halak should get 2/3 of the games! Then Bob will have to figure out which goalie he wants to keep for next year. Hopefully by then Carey will have learned a few things and will come to training camp with more maturity and with a better work ethic!

Bang on Habsfan!!! Let's remember he's 22, he's 22, I repeat, you get the picture. For kicks, what's the most difficult city to be a starting goalie in the NHL? I'd say here...

I see Price as another Ribeiro-style debacle waiting to happen. He's going through growth pains, the city is turning on him, he's probably turning on the city, and he'll be driven out of town before the time when he matures into a fully-realized player. Then everyone, including fans who have now given up on Price, will turn on the Habs for 'not developing talent' properly, or else 'not being able to keep talent.'

Ya heard it here first.

My thing is, why does it have to be so cut and dried? Why does it have to be that Price is done...AT 22!!! Why can't it just be, he's not playing so well right now, there's tons of models you can look at...the Fluery, Brodeur, Luongo cases speak for themselves. Why turn on a player at all, it's not like he has terrible numbers. Infact, his numbers (besides wins, but thats a team stat vs. personal) is compareable to Fluery's. The habs score 1 more goal per game for Price and the win/loss does not look so lopsided.

As a fan, I really am embarressed how the other fans (for the most part) are treating young players on this team. If they wanna bitch about the young players, do not bitch about the lack of development of said young players, when the fans and media are part of the problem. You put a guy on the 3rd or 4th lines, do not expect him to get pts every game, etc.