Habs @ Bruins GDT - February 4th, 2010

bar

Acutally, I have watched closely and very few of his rebounds have resulted in a second shot.. just a few in tight where it is to be expected... so I still don't buy your argument. most of his rebounds are controlled and directed out of harms way. about 38 of these shots are first shots and the result of brutal defensive play.. simple as that..

Please note that Price faces a pile of shots too. Its the team in front.

A lot of shots he causes on himself...but I am not going to go into that AGAIN. Tired of these discussions.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is our penalty in the overtime... lol.. absolutely no penalty on the replay..

brutal refs giving this to boston.. or trying.. that is a disgraceful call.. again...

I know the reffing hasn't been great but Hammer got beat and clearly stuck out his foot there. Watch it again he missed with his hip and stuck out the foot at the last second.

And there is our penalty in the overtime... lol.. absolutely no penalty on the replay..

brutal refs giving this to boston.. or trying.. that is a disgraceful call.. again...

Are you talking about the Call on Hamrlik? Cause if you are, on the replay, you can clearly see Hamrlik sticking his leg out to trip the BRuins player!

OOps sorry about that, looks like Han dyl took care of it!

Edited by Habsfan

I have to disagree...the 2nd goal was a weak shot that should have been smothered, except he gave up a nice juicy rebound. His rebounds like to go in front of the net. Hey, you're free to think what you like...this is a pattern.

I am not saying he never lets out rebounds, but that was a sharp angle shot. My point is that while his style is differnet from Price, I don't see him letting in more goals because of it. I also don't think it adds that many shots to the game, we are simply being out played.

If anything, I see Halak getting better as he matures and tightens up more. His reaction type saving can't be taught and imo, he is much better then Price in this regard. Price relies more on being big and cutting the angle, which has its own share of issues that he is no doubt working on.

Oh, and I don't know why some people think he is terrible in shootout. While he has less experience then Price, he has a hight save percentage the last two years on the shootout.

I have to disagree...the 2nd goal was a weak shot that should have been smothered, except he gave up a nice juicy rebound. His rebounds like to go in front of the net. Hey, you're free to think what you like...this is a pattern.

I am not worried about Halak, but our shooters.. maybe get Markov out there.

I know Halak is probably the only reason we have a point tonight but I do not feel confident going into this shootout.

I miss Cammy here..

Pitts is coming.. the boys better play better then this or Halak and Price in net at the same time won't save them..

Agreed. RDS game the 3rd to Gomez? I figured Gionta.

Darche should get a star...he wont but he should!

Darche should get a star...he wont but he should!

Yeah, and props to Martin for deploying him in those situations. (I'm *sure* Martin was trying to send the team a message about going to the net and playing with guts).

Shots against ridiculous. Based on the fan grumbling, people have already forgotten that this team is missing its best player. Nonetheless to give up 45+ shots two games in a row is grossly unacceptable. Having give Martin his due above, I'll say this: once the season's over, if I'm Gainey I sit down with Martin and simply ask how he plans to fix this horrendous team defence. If it's not fixed, Martin walks the plank sometime next year. I guarantee you Gainey is scowling.

And news out of Edmonton is that Brule was a healthy scratch. Halak going to the Oil in a multi-player package to net us Brule and more?

Why would we want a healthy scratch? And why, incidentally, would we want to trade a goalie who is saving us down the stretch just like he did as a raw 22 year old in 07?

And news out of Edmonton is that Brule was a healthy scratch. Halak going to the Oil in a multi-player package to net us Brule and more?

Gainey would have to have a huge set to make that deal. Especially with the way Halak is playing. If Price were to faulter that would be the end of BG I think.

Why would we want a healthy scratch? And why, incidentally, would we want to trade a goalie who is saving us down the stretch just like he did as a raw 22 year old in 07?

Healthy scratch because they knew he was going to be traded and didn't want him to get hurt. Happens all the time. And as for trading the goalie who is saving us, I can only speculate that we'd be dealing when his stock is high.

Hey, it's all speculation, but there's been lots of talk for a while about Brule and Montreal. That he was a scratch gives credence to the possibility of a trade. Kovalchuk was going to be scratched Friday if still a Thrasher.