Habs @ Bruins GDT - February 4th, 2010

bar

Martin walk the plank? How about a firing squad... I am sure Gainey could get some shooter from the team.. of course, they would all miss.. but it might scare him a bit.. lol

lol it may be the beers but you guys are funny tonight :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One would hope Gainey learned from his mistake with Huet...

Goaltending is not our problem, and while it is a position of strength, its our only one right now. If he trades Halak he is basically throwing in the towel, imo. I would feel the same way if they traded Price... Halak knows there is a guy waiting for him to screw up and take his job, which is good for a young goalie, no matter how he is playing.

Gainey would have to have a huge set to make that deal. Especially with the way Halak is playing. If Price were to faulter that would be the end of BG I think.

Haha...I still think this is a serious issue of the refs. How can the same play: spaceys interference call, not be made when the Bruins did the exact same thing numerious times and was not called? There needs to be more accountability for these refs.

Healthy scratch because they knew he was going to be traded and didn't want him to get hurt. Happens all the time. And as for trading the goalie who is saving us, I can only speculate that we'd be dealing when his stock is high.

Hey, it's all speculation, but there's been lots of talk for a while about Brule and Montreal. That he was a scratch gives credence to the possibility of a trade. Kovalchuk was going to be scratched Friday if still a Thrasher.

Well, Brule has been an injury-riddled piece of human garbage so far in his NHL career. So if he's the key cog coming back, that's a pretty cruddy return for our #1 goalie if you ask me.

As for Martin being executed :lol: - he gets one more season to deliver as promised in my books. If we're still a shot-surrendering machine by next February, bump him upstairs (he does have a lot of experience) and get Boucher up here pronto.

Well, Brule has been an injury-riddled piece of human garbage so far in his NHL career. So if he's the key cog coming back, that's a pretty cruddy return for our #1 goalie if you ask me.

A fair point. But then, Pouliot wasn't much either.

Yeah, but Brule is on his second team playing like garbage. I guess Jokinen needed two trades to amount to anything, but still.

Talk about a player who was rushed to the NHL... Columbus did a good mind-boink on the poor kid. But granted, he's struggled immensely. Good to see that we can write off other team's 23-year-old kids as well as our own. ;)

Haha...I still think this is a serious issue of the refs. How can the same play: spaceys interference call, not be made when the Bruins did the exact same thing numerious times and was not called? There needs to be more accountability for these refs.

Exactly, I am very happy for this win and I don't mean to complain, but it's just so hard to watch this BS from the refs consistantly at key times against us. It's not even the calls on us that make me mad it's the lack of calls on the exact same foul committed against us.

Either way we showed a ton of heart tonight. Go Habs Go :hlogo: :clap: :hlogo:

Yet another game stolen by Halak and I only saw the third period and OT, but what a game by Plex. I can't believe he find the second wind after that PK in OT, where he looked like he was about to head off and made a last gap in and created an oppertunity for Markov.

The Habs gotta resign Pleks. There is no way they are going to find a single guy who can play 5-5, top PK guy and top PP, plus a never say quit work ethic. This is the type of guy you want to build a team around and use as a model for young players.

There is NO WAY they can replace Pleks through free agency or the trade market. I say Gainey NEEDS to sign him now and deal with a the salary cap situation by trying to dump Gomez. Even if they are making the same amount of money and both were in the $4.5M range, rather then the ridicoulos salary that Gomez has, I'd pick Pleks in a heartbeat. He is the most complete player the habs have AND DEVELOPED in a LONG time.

If Burke managed to move that bum Blake and Anaheim was able to unload the $6.5M Michlin Man, the habs can probably find somebody dumb enough to take on GOmez's salary

I really don't know what the hell Gainey is waiting for?? Pleks agent said 1 1/2 weeks ago that there Gainey hasn't approached him yet. Like what the FXCK is gainey waiting for????

Halak surprised me in the shootout. He doesn't seem to do great on breakaways during the game but was a stud during the shootout! (Maybe cause no rebounds :P)

He's 7 for 7 on the Shootout during the year. Don't see what the surprise is. He also stopped two Breakaways/parita breaks in the game.

And news out of Edmonton is that Brule was a healthy scratch. Halak going to the Oil in a multi-player package to net us Brule and more?

If pleks included in a package to Edmonton I'll be pretty pissed. If we are going to dump a centre dump Gomez. Edmonton, could use somebody who is signed for 4 years (albiet over paid), since no one wants to go there anyways.

WE NEED PLEKS!!

Damn I love Markov! Give him a contract extension right fvc.king now!

I can either see Gainey no longer having the cap room to sign Markove, or waiting until the last minute and watching Markov sign to play with his buddy Ovie (that is if he still has a job by then).

Oh, one other thing.... Don't put Plekanec on in the shootouts ever again, Martin. Give Pouliot or Sergei a go. That being said, Gionta showed Plekanec what he should do: come in at full speed.

Man Lucic doesn't seem like the same player from the last few seasons.

He misses not having his favourite punching bag Komi around to get him going :lol:

Oh, one other thing.... Don't put Plekanec on in the shootouts ever again, Martin. Give Pouliot or Sergei a go. That being said, Gionta showed Plekanec what he should do: come in at full speed.

Yep, That is the one glaring hole in Pleks game. I think he just thinks to much in the shootout. At least he isn't pulling that same swing wide right and then take an easy shot anymore.

I really don't get why you wouldn't have your top goal scorer over the past month in the shootout.

Very happy with the wins... but they really don't deserve them. Halak is possibly saving Martin's and Gainey's jobs here, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Oh well, a win is a win is a win...

Martin should still get fired. Gainey should follow if he doesn't get Pleks resigned.

Any chance we can put a moratorium on talking about the Gomez contract??

Sure - how about when its no longer on the habs books? :lol:

Thank you Halak for the 2 points tonight. Without Halak, the habs get their asses handed to them b the Pooh Bears!

Halak is the 1st star of this game!