Habs @ Bruins GDT - February 4th, 2010

bar

And news out of Edmonton is that Brule was a healthy scratch. Halak going to the Oil in a multi-player package to net us Brule and more?

Brule is another small player. I guess that we have enough of them in the lineup.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin should still get fired. Gainey should follow if he doesn't get Pleks resigned.

I really don't see how we get Pleks resigned unless there are some major moves made beforehand, and the clock is ticking. IMO Gainey should get fired if he holds onto him and then loses him for nothing as a FA. Either trade him at the deadline, or move a few other contracts so you can resign him. But I am skeptical about seeing him in a habs uniform next year, here's hoping I'm wrong.

Well thanks to Halak and 5 minutes of solid hockey somehow the habs pulled out 2 points.

I don't even know what to say or how to react, i'm glad they won and moved up but the reason they are 500 is they lay eggs like that in a playoff run.

Hamrlik was real bad, JM should put him back with Gorges, move Spacek with Gill.

Can't beleive they want Brule, hopefully this isn't just a french thing, he is another smurf. The Oilers don't have much grit other then Moreau, Jaque or Stortini.

I think Gainey - who has a track record of surprising boldness despite his will reputation as a plodder - will surprise us with some out-of-left field move. Either that, or he'll hold on to Pleks and lose him as a UFA, an inexcusable outcome IMHO.

If the Kovy trade is any indication, I don't think the return on Plek would be as game changing as some people think. Look what Kovy brought in, you wont get near enough that for Plek.

or he'll hold on to Pleks and lose him as a UFA, an inexcusable outcome IMHO.

Agreed. Bob has to sign Plex right fvc.king now!

Why poop on Gomez when he plays PP with Metropolit and Darche ?

I have nothing against Darche cuz he does something useful, park in front of the net and

follow the play to really block goalie view.

But Metropolit come on, he didn't score for a couple of month, bury one and we shall forget his

blunders. Markov was so angry of a ridiculous play that Metropolit made on the next PP that

he almost broke his stick on the post while the game was on.

Lapierre, what a chimp, 4 minutes all he had to do his pressure in the zone not to cross check Bégin between the numbers.

Airhead, gutsless, stand tall remove your helmet and visor and put your money where your mouth is. I don't care

where he should go but should be send packing.

Lapierre, what a chimp, 4 minutes all he had to do his pressure in the zone not to cross check Bégin between the numbers.

Airhead, gutsless, stand tall remove your helmet and visor and put your money where your mouth is. I don't care

where he should go but should be send packing.

Yeah, because young players never get any better than they are during a bad season. :huh: I've seen this movie too often, thanks.

By the way, Halak has the number one save percentage in shootouts. Now to be fair, he has only had 3 shootouts, but he won all three and has not given up a single goal in a shootout in 7 attempts.

Last year he was 7 shots, two goals for a 2 wins, 1 loss record. small sample sizes, but what is there suggests he is good on shootouts. I realize he gave up a breakaway goal or two, but people seem to have spun that into being bad in the shootout and bad with breakaways... They seem to forget all the breakaways he has stopped. :)

I just hope he can do it again this weekend as Pitts is going to be dancing around our D all night if they play like they did last night.. visions of Vancouver and NYR....

By the way, Halak has the number one save percentage in shootouts. Now to be fair, he has only had 3 shootouts, but he won all three and has not given up a single goal in a shootout in 7 attempts.

Last year he was 7 shots, two goals for a 2 wins, 1 loss record. small sample sizes, but what is there suggests he is good on shootouts. I realize he gave up a breakaway goal or two, but people seem to have spun that into being bad in the shootout and bad with breakaways... They seem to forget all the breakaways he has stopped. :)

I just hope he can do it again this weekend as Pitts is going to be dancing around our D all night if they play like they did last night.. visions of Vancouver and NYR....

Look for Carey to get the Pittsburgh start, and Jaro the Boston.

I really don't see how we get Pleks resigned unless there are some major moves made beforehand, and the clock is ticking. IMO Gainey should get fired if he holds onto him and then loses him for nothing as a FA. Either trade him at the deadline, or move a few other contracts so you can resign him. But I am skeptical about seeing him in a habs uniform next year, here's hoping I'm wrong.

We can sign Pleks now and then deal with the cap situation over the summer - only option is dump both Gomez and Hamrlik to fix our cap situation. To sign Pleks now, we just need enough room with our existing 2010-11 committments, which wouldn't be a problem since both goalies, Mara, Bergeron, SK74, Metro and Lapierre (and i think a couple of others are Free agents).

We can sign Pleks now and then deal with the cap situation over the summer - only option is dump both Gomez and Hamrlik to fix our cap situation. To sign Pleks now, we just need enough room with our existing 2010-11 committments, which wouldn't be a problem since both goalies, Mara, Bergeron, SK74, Metro and Lapierre (and i think a couple of others are Free agents).

Dump Gomez and Hamrlik and we might have a shot at signing Kovalchuk this summer AND keep plex buuuuut that wont happen so Ill stop dreaming.