Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I wouldn't give philly anything more than a midround pick and Garth Murry for Forsberg.....but we all know that they want more than he is worth.

If they want somebody to take him then they should be the ones to sweeten the pot with a pick or prospect, nobody is stupid enough to give up their future for a broken-down rental player that will almost surely leave at the end of the year.

I say something like:

To Montreal:

Forsberg, R.J Umberger, mabie a 2nd/3rd round pick

To Philly:

Abescher, Perezhogin

this way when Forsberg walks at the end of the year at least we have something to show for our players, and Philly gets a quality netminder and a good winger...Philly can stand to lose a center anyways

Edited by Davehab

How can some not see it? Forsberg is damaged goods, a series of injuries waiting to happen. The only way he's healthy for a playoff run is to time warp quite a few years ago. Plus a UFA...forget it. Let him 'finish what he started' in Philly (what was that again Peter?). He is never going to be healthy. He plays 4 games and goes down in the 5th.

If you're thinking Forsberg, might as well think Fedorov. And no way we should be thnking Fedorov.

Let's see who we could get elsewhere. BTW, any scenario involving Souray to a Cali team has to be thought of as a sign deal, because in all likelyhood he will resign with a SoCal team before or during his UFA status.

I wouldn't give philly anything more than a midround pick and Garth Murry for Forsberg.....but we all know that they want more than he is worth.

If they want somebody to take him then they should be the ones to sweeten the pot with a pick or prospect, nobody is stupid enough to give up their future for a broken-down rental player that will almost surely leave at the end of the year.

I say something like:

To Montreal:

Forsberg, R.J Umberger, mabie a 2nd/3rd round pick

To Philly:

Abescher, Perezhogin

this way when Forsberg walks at the end of the year at least we have something to show for our players, and Philly gets a quality netminder and a good winger...Philly can stand to lose a center anyways

Aebischer is a UFA at seasons end so the Flyers would not have him unless the signed him so trading for him is usless when the have the same oppurtunity to sign him July 1st.

Also there are about 12 teams in the hunt for Forsberg because when helthy he is one of the best if not the best players in the playoffs. One year he was injured all 82 games with a spleen injury I believe and then he led the leage in playoff scoring that year. I would be sad to see Perezhogin go because I truly believe he will be a very good top 6 winger.

There is no way that Forsberg is traded for anything less than a decent prospect and a 1st round pick.

There is no way that Forsberg is traded for anything less than a decent prospect and a 1st round pick.

if thats so, I say pass. forsberg may be a great player but he's also an injured one. I say we should settle for a cheaper player like a conroy.

for the first time in 20 odd years, montreal has a great scouting team. please, lets not deny them of a 1st round pick. remember last, our 1st rounder( mid section one) helped us getting two D men. trading for the 20th pick helped us get another second round choice.

we still have many holes to fill, I dont think that we have enought depth for letting a top draft pick go.

to keep everything in perspective: a the 21st pick in 1993 got us koivu while the 15th in 2002 got us higgins. both of them are on our first line.

if thats so, I say pass. forsberg may be a great player but he's also an injured one. I say we should settle for a cheaper player like a conroy.

for the first time in 20 odd years, montreal has a great scouting team. please, lets not deny them of a 1st round pick. remember last, our 1st rounder( mid section one) helped us getting two D men. trading for the 20th pick helped us get another second round choice.

we still have many holes to fill, I dont think that we have enought depth for letting a top draft pick go.

to keep everything in perspective: a the 21st pick in 1993 got us koivu while the 15th in 2002 got us higgins. both of them are on our first line.

While I agree that 1st round picks are important if Gainey trades one or an elite prospect it is because he knows that the Habs have not a decent but a great shot at the cup. Stars traddy iggy for a Cup and I would not be upset if the Habs did the same.

Jozef Stumpel from Florida would be a good fit. 35 points in 49 games for the Panthers. He can work the power play and wouldn't cost much in terms of a cap hit (he makes $1.65 million), could be probably be had for a second round pick or less.

I don't get why everyone's so high on Conroy. 16 pts is hardly impressive, and I doubt he's go much left in the tank.

Why are we talking about Perezhogin?

Wouldn't Plekanec bring us more in return? Pleks is defensive minded and mature in his play. I think a lot of teams would be interested in such a player that also young. Scoring talents are more common.

The reason why I think this is better for the Habs is because both Johnsson and Bonk are having Selke years and Kyle Chipchura should be ready next season.

And Montreal needs one thing and one thing only. A center for the second line that's good enough to get Kovalev and Samsonov going. Get that one player and you get 3!

In La Presse today : Mathias Brunet (one of the few i trust) reported that Bob Gainey and Philly's GM (forgot the name) have been seen eating in a restaurant... Seems like a real offer has been made for Forsbergh or Pitkanen... or both....

While I agree that 1st round picks are important if Gainey trades one or an elite prospect it is because he knows that the Habs have not a decent but a great shot at the cup. Stars traddy iggy for a Cup and I would not be upset if the Habs did the same.

we he traded Iggy, they got a player for more than a year. not a rent-a-swede-for-the-spring.

I just don't think that we have enough caracter players in the lineup to go all the way. not this year , at least

Why are we talking about Perezhogin?

Wouldn't Plekanec bring us more in return? Pleks is defensive minded and mature in his play. I think a lot of teams would be interested in such a player that also young. Scoring talents are more common.

The reason why I think this is better for the Habs is because both Johnsson and Bonk are having Selke years and Kyle Chipchura should be ready next season.

And Montreal needs one thing and one thing only. A center for the second line that's good enough to get Kovalev and Samsonov going. Get that one player and you get 3!

This is so important as u mentioned... that most habsworld fans keep forgetting that if the keep status quo scenario doesnt not turn the Habs into (at least) solidified contenders then the contracts on Kovalev and Samsonov would be in vain! and thats a no no on a GM's record!

So unless Gainey has an ultimate plan that involves trading Samosonov and a few other vets ...I wouldnt be surprised that we end up trading Lapieree Gabovsky and a couple of other prospects for that centre.

FYI, I was watching HockeyCentral and they said that Forsberg has waived his no-trade clause. This coming from a guy that says he doesn't want to leave Philly. I am sure he will have a say... if in fact he gets dealt.

FYI, I was watching HockeyCentral and they said that Forsberg has waived his no-trade clause. This coming from a guy that says he doesn't want to leave Philly. I am sure he will have a say... if in fact he gets dealt.

i don't want forsberg... no thanks...

he would cost us too much... there's no need to rush at trying to get a stanley cup right now at the cost to our potential down the line...

NO THANKS!!!!

GO :hlogo: GO!

i don't want forsberg... no thanks...

he would cost us too much... there's no need to rush at trying to get a stanley cup right now at the cost to our potential down the line...

NO THANKS!!!!

I don't think the asking price is nearly as high as everyobody thinks. An average player and a decent darft pick is probably all it will take. I am sure Forsberg will limit the teams he is willing to waive his NTC too.

I don't think the asking price is nearly as high as everyobody thinks. An average player and a decent darft pick is probably all it will take. I am sure Forsberg will limit the teams he is willing to waive his NTC too.

i suppose...

in any event, it's still 'no thank you'

In La Presse today : Mathias Brunet (one of the few i trust) reported that Bob Gainey and Philly's GM (forgot the name) have been seen eating in a restaurant... Seems like a real offer has been made for Forsbergh or Pitkanen... or both....

Pitkänen would be lovely but I dont see anyone on our team that has the same value unless we are talking including a 1st rounder.

Drunk but still standing... Have been thinking. Wouldn't the San Jose Shark be the perfect trading partner?

They have cap space and missing a scoring defencemen. They also have two great centers in Thorton and Marleau.

Souray for Marleau? The money Marleau making today will be the money Souray will ask for tomorrow. Rumors saying Souray want't to play in California,

Souray and Plekanec for Patrick Marleau? Win-win situation?

And second. How many teams are believed searching for a goaltender? Detroit and St Louis? Niclas Kronwall or Christian Bäckman for Aebischer?

Drunk but still standing... Have been thinking. Wouldn't the San Jose Shark be the perfect trading partner?

They have cap space and missing a scoring defencemen. They also have two great centers in Thorton and Marleau.

Souray for Marleau? The money Marleau making today will be the money Souray will ask for tomorrow. Rumors saying Souray want't to play in California,

Souray and Plekanec for Patrick Marleau? Win-win situation?

And second. How many teams are believed searching for a goaltender? Detroit and St Louis? Niclas Kronwall or Christian Bäckman for Aebischer?

Marleau is their future super star, we have nothing san jose would want.

Marleau is their future super star, we have nothing san jose would want.

U should restate that... u mean we have nothing were willing to part with that san jose wants

the whole NHL wants Markov ... San Jose would love Komisarek...etc..

And as for Marleau.... he's been rumored to be on the trade block at the beginning of the season ... if money is the issue no player is untouchable ...specially if San Jose is close to the cap and needs reinforcements!

U should restate that... u mean we have nothing were willing to part with that san jose wants

the whole NHL wants Markov ... San Jose would love Komisarek...etc..

And as for Marleau.... he's been rumored to be on the trade block at the beginning of the season ... if money is the issue no player is untouchable ...specially if San Jose is close to the cap and needs reinforcements!

Bahaha, the whole NHL does not want Markov, he is very good but Marleau is a power forward with over a ppg having his best season yet. Komi is also a great young talent but he is not in Marleaus league.

Know who else was rumored to be on the trading block?......EVERYONE, that means nothing to me. Marleau is second on the team in points only to Thornton and leads the team in goals, there is a big drop off after him so no we arent getting him unless we drop 3 (or 2 and a great pick) of our best players to get him. He is a franchise player equal to Lecavalier, Crosby, Kopitar name whoever you want.

We currently have zero franchise players, not one! None of our players are up there, don't get me wrong they are all good players and have value but lets not over-rate ourselves here.

And yes some players are untouchable, the ones you decide to build around, Marleau is SanJose's future, they will do everything nessessary to keep him and Thornton.

Edited by OneSharpMarble

Come on! Mat Carle is San Joses biggest point-getter from the Blue line. Matt Carle!

If Souray want to play in California then I think San Jose would be the perfect team. They allready have Big Joe as their first line center. Problem is that Souray is a UFA at season end. San Jose also have some space under the cap and will probably be a buyer at the deadline.

Unloading Marleau and getting Souray and Plekanec would make the total Shark payroll at 36 million and an extra first rounder (from New Jersey) as bait. They could easily get that leftwinger the also need. And that list is long with namnes like Tkachuck, Smyth, Sturm all believed to be availabe.

So as I see it both teams would benefit. All-star-swap. Doesn't happen often, I do realize that.