Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I bet we will get Forsberg just becaus I really dont want him. If we get him and plays great with him he will be injured in the middle of the first round and in the game after Koivu will get injured.

I bet we will get Forsberg just becaus I really dont want him. If we get him and plays great with him he will be injured in the middle of the first round and in the game after Koivu will get injured.

Now that is pessimism!

If the Habs get Forsberg I would think about it like this.

Two band-aid centres one of them is bound to stick for most of the playoffs.

and getting Forsberg now would help to ensure the Habs just make it to the playoffs. I read somewhere over the weekend that it would be a bigger deal involving a young gun (Kosty?), Samsonov, a defenseman, pick and Aebi for Forsberg, Eshe and Pitkanan

Forsberg would be terrible to get, we would have to give up a strong prospect at least to get him and for what? Just for one playoff run?! This team is not one Forsberg away the cup. I say let someone else take that chance and lets just see what we do this year. The coming few years will be our playoff run years, not this one.

Forsberg would be terrible to get, we would have to give up a strong prospect at least to get him and for what? Just for one playoff run?! This team is not one Forsberg away the cup. I say let someone else take that chance and lets just see what we do this year. The coming few years will be our playoff run years, not this one.

Disagree depending upon what we send out. Agree if we give too much.

Mark my words, Forsberg is not coming to MTL....

The media is too harsh, and the Fans would turn on him in a heartbeat...

Not only that, hes getting paid in CDN money, and the taxes are very high in Montreal too.

He goes back to Colorado and revives them

Mark my words, Forsberg is not coming to MTL....

The media is too harsh, and the Fans would turn on him in a heartbeat...

Not only that, hes getting paid in CDN money, and the taxes are very high in Montreal too.

He goes back to Colorado and revives them

All NHL salaries are paid in US$.

Ok first ... LA will not trade for Souray, they are in last place in the west, why would they trade for a pending UFA when they can just try to sign him in the off season ???

2nd .. Sean Avery can't hit for crap ... all he does is skate fast, dive, run his mouth, miss open nets with his brick hands, takes bad penalties and would get roasted by Habs fans and the media. WHY WOULD BG get this guy ?

as for Forsberg ... well he would definatly help if the habs are serious about trying to win the cup .. even though he's injury prone he still has 28 points in 30 games and is clutch in the playoffs ( just like alot of people here say about Kovalev ) ... he would also make some other players better as well ... namely Ryder. The Fourth Period.com is reporting that BG is trying to package Sammy, Abby and a pick to get him and does not want to part with a prospect. I would be happy to see that trade go though ... to get Forsberg for someone who hasn't done anything and a back up goalie.

The lines would look pretty sweet

Higgins , Forsberg , Ryder

Lats, Koivu , Kovalev

perez , bonk , johnson

begin , plecks , lapierre/downey

Well if Avery was traded to the Habs, he would be first in PIM, 5th in scoring, on par with most others in plus minus -12. 3rd in hits and first in fights. definitely in fights won. I think the Habs are zero there.

and getting Forsberg now would help to ensure the Habs just make it to the playoffs. I read somewhere over the weekend that it would be a bigger deal involving a young gun (Kosty?), Samsonov, a defenseman, pick and Aebi for Forsberg, Eshe and Pitkanan

Boo! I want Niittymaki instead! ^_^

I don't think the asking price is nearly as high as everyobody thinks. An average player and a decent darft pick is probably all it will take. I am sure Forsberg will limit the teams he is willing to waive his NTC too.

And what average player on our team costs enough for us to take the hit of Forsberg's salary?

souray is very important to the habs... but i still expect gainey to be pondering whether to trade him or not... i mean had souray expressed interest in re-signing??? from what i heard he wants to become a free agent (i dont blame him for that)... so the chances are the habs will lose him... and for what? nothing!... hard decision for gainey... i would probably trade him.. nothing hurts more than losing a valuable player and getting nothing in return (unless we make an awesome run in the playoffs and bring in more revenue).

If i was gainey, and good job im not, i'd approach souray and see if they can re-sign him before the deadline... if he doesnt than trade him and get something in return.

:puke: :puke:

souray is very important to the habs... but i still expect gainey to be pondering whether to trade him or not... i mean had souray expressed interest in re-signing??? from what i heard he wants to become a free agent (i dont blame him for that)... so the chances are the habs will lose him... and for what? nothing!... hard decision for gainey... i would probably trade him.. nothing hurts more than losing a valuable player and getting nothing in return (unless we make an awesome run in the playoffs and bring in more revenue).

If i was gainey, and good job im not, i'd approach souray and see if they can re-sign him before the deadline... if he doesnt than trade him and get something in return.

:puke: :puke:

It appears that is the approach the Oilers are taking with Smyth, but I disagree with it Souray is so valuable to this team and losing players will become common place in the NHL with the salary cap the way it is and the decreasing age of free agency.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/blackhawks.asp?id=274800

Near the bottom of this article, it mentions that Montreal had a scout in Chicago, and the speculation is the player they were looking at was centre Bryan Smolinski.

I hope this ain't gonna happen. The man is 35 years old...

we don't need him for the future, just for a couple of months. after: goodbye, farewell, Adieu. ciao..