Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The fact that anyone considers Souray a Norris candidate just shows how much of a joke the trophy has become. At least Pronger, Neids, and Lidstrom are as good defensively as they are offensively, but when guys like Souray are being mentioned, you know the Norris means about as much as a Gold Glove in baseball.

Your point may be valid, but who cares? This is about trades! We could get guys like Bernier, Joe Pavelski, and Matt Carle. If we can get some top prospects for Souray and build for next year ... well they can make a new trophy called the Souray for the guys who make me laugh the most ... for all I care.

If the goods are good, move Souray and work towards something for next season!

why do people sh!t on eklund so much?... he's connected more than you or I... i effin enjoy checking out hsi page and it looks like the ppl who sh!t on him do as well... hahahaha ... and he's only reporting "rumors"... look at the definition of a rumor... its not like he's saying your mom is a hoe... give the dude a break.

hahahahahahah

why do people sh!t on eklund so much?... he's connected more than you or I... i effin enjoy checking out hsi page and it looks like the ppl who sh!t on him do as well... hahahaha ... and he's only reporting "rumors"... look at the definition of a rumor... its not like he's saying your mom is a hoe... give the dude a break.

hahahahahahah

there'S a rumour about zidanes sister being one :lol:

We need a goal scorer period. Since Tampa stated they needed to bump some salary I do believe we should go after Vincent Lecavalier . I dont care what it would cost us because we need to get something going and I do believe he is the key. What do you guys think :hlogo:

We need a goal scorer period. Since Tampa stated they needed to bump some salary I do believe we should go after Vincent Lecavalier . I dont care what it would cost us because we need to get something going and I do believe he is the key. What do you guys think :hlogo:

Tampa's GM, his name escapes me, said the team would NEVER trade Lecavalier. At least not while he was GM. Jay Feaster, that's it...

Your point may be valid, but who cares? This is about trades! We could get guys like Bernier, Joe Pavelski, and Matt Carle. If we can get some top prospects for Souray and build for next year ... well they can make a new trophy called the Souray for the guys who make me laugh the most ... for all I care.

If the goods are good, move Souray and work towards something for next season!

I hope it is Carle or Bernier. The habs already have plenty of prospects like Pavelski. How is he an upgrade from Plekanac?

Well, The writing is on the wall now.

Milroy is up, and the chance to pull the trigger is now.

San Jose made a set up trde in re-aquiring Korolyuk from NJ this week and now look to pull the Forsberg headlines off the front page with a moajor deal.

Souray is (still) of extreme interest to the Sharks and their first choice for deadline deals and Gainey has no choice but to listen to the offers that will likely be high; eve if Gainey has every intentionl of signing him in the summer.

Where have I heard all this before.............

I hope it is Carle or Bernier. The habs already have plenty of prospects like Pavelski. How is he an upgrade from Plekanac?

Pavelski:

Assets Is a supreme playmaker with enough quickness and shiftiness to play at the highest level. Oozes hockey sense, both with and without the puck.

Flaws Must overcome a lack of size in order to maximize his NHL potential. Needs to take more shots on goal to keep defenders honest.

Career potential Second line center.

Plekanec:

Assets Has excellent hockey sense and playmaking instincts. Is polished in the defensive zone and not afraid of going into the corners. Can line up anywhere up front.

Flaws May not thrive in the NHL game because of a lack of physical strength and toughness. Isn't a true sniper, but still needs to shoot the puck more often.

Career potential Third line center.

Pavelski:

Assets Is a supreme playmaker with enough quickness and shiftiness to play at the highest level. Oozes hockey sense, both with and without the puck.

Flaws Must overcome a lack of size in order to maximize his NHL potential. Needs to take more shots on goal to keep defenders honest.

Career potential Second line center.

Plekanec:

Assets Has excellent hockey sense and playmaking instincts. Is polished in the defensive zone and not afraid of going into the corners. Can line up anywhere up front.

Flaws May not thrive in the NHL game because of a lack of physical strength and toughness. Isn't a true sniper, but still needs to shoot the puck more often.

Career potential Third line center.

to me both are guys that are playmakers, both are small. Neither are finishers. the habs need a guys who are proven finishers or the type of "can't miss prospect" that can become a finisher and is not going to be a streaky player. I think Souray should be packaged with one or two players to get a true first liner. As much as a like Koivu, he is really a 1a or would be better suited as the second line centre. I'd rather have the habs go and make a play for a a true number 1 line player then a potential 2nd liner.

If they trade Souray to a california team, they should be able to get more, bcoz, i think souray is more likely to sign with a SJ or anaheim. they should even be able to play the two against each other. I think both need to counter-act the moves made by nashville and calgary. I still think Gainey can pry Marleau and Bernier/Carle. If he offers a package that is enough to push SJ closer to being the team to beat in the west. SJ needs help on defence and a gritty centremen. IF the habs offered Souray, Bonk, perohzogin, and Bouillon/dadenault, that might be enough. Yes Souray is a free agent, but would likely re-sign. Bonk is another free agent, but if he can help them have that shut-down centre needed in the playoffs. I hate to give up perozhogin, but i don't think the habs are ever going to give him a decent chance to succeed.

I think we are done for this year. You may as well move the guys like Ryder, and most of their D. Any other time of the year, i can't see anyone wanting any of our D-men with the exception of Souray, Markov and Komisarik. However, with teams looking to pick up depth, we may be able to unload the other pylons we have playing D (heck someone might even take ninnimma of our hands).

Edited by hab29RETIRED

A conditional first rounder and and a second line center for Souray is not too much.

Souray's shot from the blue line and powerplay potential should make his price somewhat high.

A conditional first rounder and and a second line center for Souray is not too much.

Souray's shot from the blue line and powerplay potential should make his price somewhat high.

i think we should even be able to get more for him by trading him to a west coast club, since they should have a better chance of re-signing him and may be willing to give up more.

I have been brutally attacked in another thread for proposing Vlasik and Carle for Souray and a draft chocie. Please no more tiny centers please please

wow if they wanted to do that, I'd jump on that ; Calre and Vlasic would easily become our #1 and 2 (or 2 and 3) dmen in no time

Just heard a pretty reliable rumour out there, actually:

Habs fans are jumping ship like lemmings ove a cliff. The replacements are bitter, whining wheeze-bags who *think* they know how to run and fix a team, and start by pointing the finger at everyone they can.

Second reliable rumour:

Gainey realizes was a HORRID mistake he made and will do anything to get The Franchise back. Expect to see Ribeiro in the lineup after the deadline at the latest.

Agree with you Chris, one of these two would make me happy, both is unrealistic. One defense and one quebecer right hander winger forward

would make me real happy. And if they are not sure throw away another UFA.

And Bonk value has never been higher too.

For me San Jose is the most obvious place for Souray and what we pick up for him will be good if Bob realize that he has to move NOW.

Sell Bob sell.

wow if they wanted to do that, I'd jump on that ; Calre and Vlasic would easily become our #1 and 2 (or 2 and 3) dmen in no time

I would throw in any one of Perozhogin (who loked pretty good tonight)/Lapierre and if we could also get a forward prospect back (i.e. Bernier), offer Ryder or any other D-man with the exception of Markov and Komisorik

For you Collin, the fan are desperate for answers because management has just been reacting all year long.

You can judge anybody opinion even if it's a rumor and it's foolish at least it takes our mind away from the continuous losing that we are watching. So take a good laught at everybody on this forum while everybody's in the Conference taking a good laught at this hockey club right now. It's so funnny.

sportsnet is reporting that Gainey said Souray won't be moved.

If this is true - this is a BIG mistake. Signing souray upwards of $5M is nuts, I think he is going to be followup this year the same way mcabe did after signing his contract i toronto. Montreal is also stuck with samsonov's contract next year.

I think they are done this year, you have to get value for some of the UFA's like Bonk and Souray and have to dump others like Ryder, kovolev, boulion, dandenault.

May as well call up guys like Koitsyn, Grabovsky and give them a good long look. they need to also give others like Perozhogin, higgens, latndresse more time this year so they will be better next year.

sportsnet is reporting that Gainey said Souray won't be moved.

If this is true - this is a BIG mistake. Signing souray upwards of $5M is nuts, I think he is going to be followup this year the same way mcabe did after signing his contract i toronto. Montreal is also stuck with samsonov's contract next year.

I think they are done this year, you have to get value for some of the UFA's like Bonk and Souray and have to dump others like Ryder, kovolev, boulion, dandenault.

May as well call up guys like Koitsyn, Grabovsky and give them a good long look. they need to also give others like Perozhogin, higgens, latndresse more time this year so they will be better next year.

RDS reported tonight that Souray will likely be moved...who knows whats going to happen with him ?

i think we should even be able to get more for him by trading him to a west coast club, since they should have a better chance of re-signing him and may be willing to give up more.

That's why the pick is conditional. In a perfect world the other team in San Jose... Everybody wins.