Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I really want to give Samsonov a second chance, I really like him. But im pretty sure he wants to leave montreal.

He lost all my respect.... TWICE last year! Samsonov for a 6th rounder and i'll be happy !

Kovalev is hardly "Mr. Clutch". Heck, he's hardly "Mr. Clean".

I'd call Ryder clutch based on what he did in the biggest game of the season. Of course, you can argue with me all you want about Kovalev's past history, but I seem to remember him skating around crying like a baby after a phantom slash, while a Boston player skated by and scored a game winner that cost Montreal a big playoff game against Boston a few years back. I also remember how he disappeared after Saku Koivu got injured against Carolina.

Real clutch.

Now sure, I don't expect him to score all the time, but frankly for all the hassle and baggage that he carries, you'd expect him to do more than he what he did last season. And he was scared? Maybe Chris Higgins and Tomas Plekanec being scared is acceptable, but not a veteran player who's supposed to be the team's offensive leader.

Okay....But Kovalev didn't make the Canadiens lose their chances to make the post-season in 06/07...the TEAM as a whole did. Kovalev had a very bad season, but recall how many crossbars and posts he hit during the regular season...if they were all a tad left, right, or a few inches below, those are all in the back of the net! So...theoretically speaking...If those posts and crossbars were to have gone in..he would have probably been hoovering somewhere around high 50-low 60 points. What I think he needs to do is just change the blade on his stick! Agreed?

NO I don't agree. Who cares how many posts he hits, the bottom line is he isn't doing what he is being paid to do. Which is score points.

Also he is fast becoming a cancer in the locker room.

If there was a way to move him I'm sure BGwould do so. How amny underacieving players do you need on 1 team?

Okay....But Kovalev didn't make the Canadiens lose their chances to make the post-season in 06/07...the TEAM as a whole did. Kovalev had a very bad season, but recall how many crossbars and posts he hit during the regular season...if they were all a tad left, right, or a few inches below, those are all in the back of the net! So...theoretically speaking...If those posts and crossbars were to have gone in..he would have probably been hoovering somewhere around high 50-low 60 points. What I think he needs to do is just change the blade on his stick! Agreed?

Don't forget if all those posts and crossbars were a "tad" in the other direction....he would have missed the net completely.

Close counts in horseshoes and foreplay. (my wife tells me the latter is true anyway:) )

Edited by Habitforming

Can we rename the "Permanent Rumor Thread" to "Permanent Rant Thread That Is Non-rumour Related 90% Of The Time"?

:P

BTW: "Claude" sends in the following on Daniel Briere: "heard tonight (Monday) on rds Gaston Therrien was this week end at the golf tournament of Alain Brisson good friend of Briere and he asked if briere receive an offer from the sabre and Briere answer was that he as not receive an offer or a telephone call from the sabre at the end of the tournament Briere was given a shirt of the Montreal Canadien with the number 48".

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Don't forget if all those posts and crossbars were a "tad" in the other direction....he would have missed the net completely.

Close counts in horseshoes and foreplay. (my wife tells me the latter is true anyway:) )

Hand grenades too. ;)

Even giving a team shirt with his number on it might be construed as tampering before July 1st. Or would it?

Not tampering since it wasn't anyone from the Habs who did it. It was some local guys having fun with Briere.

Eks saying were interested in Wayne Primeau.

he would bring size on a third line but thats much it.

Yes, Wayne would be a great addition. Size, decent speed, plays center and wing, hits, kills penalties. Nice with Chipchura on the third.

Wayne has a decent overall game, but will he actually help us?

I said this last year (like a broken record) that Downy, and Murray were a waste of our cap space, ice time, and laundry soap. We have 5 other guys in the minors with actual potential that can do thier job. Let's not do the same thing again.

Gainey will not sign Wayne that is a step backwards and he knows that, do not sign older defensive first players that we can replace with minor league talent.

Edited by JMMR

How is signing Wayne a step backwards? Do the Habs have size and grit? Nope. Are they tough enough to compete? Nope. There penalty killing was average at best, they were in the bottom of the league in faceoffs. He actually drops the gloves every now and again, who does that on the Habs? No one. These are the things the Habs need.

So who in the minor leagues is like Wayne? No one.

He also brings good work ethic which is a huge problem with the habs.

Now i do agree about having more youth, Kosty , Lapierre and Chipchura will be there for sure. i don't know who else. Maybe Obyrne if they can get rid of some of there awfull Dmen.

How is signing Wayne a step backwards? Do the Habs have size and grit? Nope. Are they tough enough to compete? Nope. There penalty killing was average at best, they were in the bottom of the league in faceoffs. He actually drops the gloves every now and again, who does that on the Habs? No one. These are the things the Habs need.

So who in the minor leagues is like Wayne? No one.

He also brings good work ethic which is a huge problem with the habs.

Now i do agree about having more youth, Kosty , Lapierre and Chipchura will be there for sure. i don't know who else. Maybe Obyrne if they can get rid of some of there awfull Dmen.

Their PK was the top PK unit in the league for half the season. They only tanked after getting sick and a players rift.

Lapierre, Ferland, Milroy, Chipchura are all like Wayne except younger and cheaper. (chips is better right now though)

Their PK was the top PK unit in the league for half the season. They only tanked after getting sick and a players rift.

Lapierre, Ferland, Milroy, Chipchura are all like Wayne except younger and cheaper. (chips is better right now though)

Thank you my thoughts exactly.

Well they weren't at the top of the Pk in the end and when it counted. So like i said they were middle of the pack.

Milroy and Ferland may be fine players but i don't think neither one of them is very big and physical like Primeua, which is my point. The habs need to get bigger and more physical.

Chipchura and lapierre will most likely be the 3rd and 4th line centers next year. Primeua plays wing and center.

He's pretty much another Begin. Except he would probably cost more and people were bitching when Begin was signed for a million. I just don't see the point.

Begin is 185lbs. Primeua is like 215.

You can't win with a bunch of smurfs. As seen in the last 10 years.

So the point again is the Habs need size and grit. They should also go out and get a real goon.