Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

A Souray-Aucoin pairing wouldn't help us out. Split them up and pair each of them with a fast skater.

A Souray-Aucoin pairing wouldn't help us out. Split them up and pair each of them with a fast skater.

Streit and Markov?

But then where does Komisarek play?

Edited by JMMR

You still have the fill the hole that Samsonov leaves at forward which even if it is a young guy close to $1 million.

That hole was filled last year. I believe a Mr. Andrei Kostitsyn did that nicely.

:hlogo:

That hole was filled last year. I believe a Mr. Andrei Kostitsyn did that nicely.

Yeah I was just talking about the Cap situation someone has to be added to the roster now that Sammy is gone.

I guess the Samsonov deal means that MacGuire was talking out of his arse when he said that Aucoin is a habs? Or is something else cooking, do you think?

MacGuire should be seen and not heard as that spot on the front of his face is his arse!

Markov-Augroin

Souray-Komi ?

I would try

Markov-Komisarek

Streit-Souray

Dandenault-Aucoin

Though now we can be pretty sure that we're not getting Aucoin.

Yeah I was just talking about the Cap situation someone has to be added to the roster now that Sammy is gone.

It was done a few weeks ago... his name is Lahti.

Why has there been no talk of Nylander? We are in the market for a scoring Center, and Habs fans have talked about Briere and Gomez, but why not Nylander? He is a great player, and he would help us out in my opinion...

Why has there been no talk of Nylander? We are in the market for a scoring Center, and Habs fans have talked about Briere and Gomez, but why not Nylander? He is a great player, and he would help us out in my opinion...

Its called tactics! BG loves low balling everything... keep the eyes of other GM's away from Nylander type options as much as you can...

Still I wouldnt bet we get anybody from the UFA unless they really wanted to play here and dismissed better deals elsewhere to sign with the Glorieux.. Gainey wont make a Samsonov mistake twice in a row... specially when he's achieved much with minor signings and trades in the meantime, and the cap space allows for much more than last season. So the UFA is no longer our only option.

p.s. The D solution on the other hand is a different thing all together ... excpect one UFA in D if Souray isn't signed

Edited by CoRvInA

Ek today has an E4 of Marleau and an E2 of Preissing coming to the habs.

Wow. His e4's are true a very high percentage of the time.

Wow. His e4's are true a very high percentage of the time.

Usually he puts out an E4 as theyre about to be reported.

Usually he puts out an E4 as theyre about to be reported.

When/if Marleau comes on board it will include Ryder. that leaves me to believe that it likely won't happen until Ryder signs a contract (obviously one San Jose is willing to pick up). San Jose knows that Ryder has been a tough signature the past few times and they likely won't give him a chance to make it hard on them (he might not be happy about being traded there). When he signs look for a trade from there on out as he is one of the most valued for us on the trade market.

When/if Marleau comes on board it will include Ryder. that leaves me to believe that it likely won't happen until Ryder signs a contract (obviously one San Jose is willing to pick up). San Jose knows that Ryder has been a tough signature the past few times and they likely won't give him a chance to make it hard on them (he might not be happy about being traded there). When he signs look for a trade from there on out as he is one of the most valued for us on the trade market.

Not totally sure the Sharks let Marleau go. I am sure Montreal will keep Ryder aboard as they need his goals now as the longer Souray thinks about the Habs offer, the closer he is to a California based team.

Am I the only one who noticed that Ryder was checking opposition players beter this year? He is not a dynamo like a Begin at checking, but with his added bulk (muscle?) it looks like he was more effective at two way play.

Not totally sure the Sharks let Marleau go. I am sure Montreal will keep Ryder aboard as they need his goals now as the longer Souray thinks about the Habs offer, the closer he is to a California based team.

Am I the only one who noticed that Ryder was checking opposition players beter this year? He is not a dynamo like a Begin at checking, but with his added bulk (muscle?) it looks like he was more effective at two way play.

I agree he (Ryder) looked alot better in that aspect he just needs to learn to stay on the inside of his check instead of getting caught where he can't cut off his man to the net. Begin can help him with that.

As for Marleau it's pretty simple now, if the current coaching staff stays, Marleau goes. He is the scapegoat for the playoff failure. Next season if Marleau is gone,it will be evident that the coaching staff needs to be moved out, but it will be too late to get Marleau back by then.

How about we just see what happens this season, clean out some cap space and put a huge offer out to Iginla next summer.

By then Keenan will either be dead or Iggy will be looking for a new home being fed up with iron Mike's crap.

IMO Keenan is the worst thing to happen to the Flames since....well ...ever!

He will drive out players left right and centre, there's a reason so many hall of fame players hate him

Edited by Habitforming

San Jose is heavily rumored to be pursuing Chris Drury this off-season, so this trade might be a "wait and see" thing from SJ's perspective...

But I'd actually expect Plekanec to go the other way in a potential Marleau deal. We'll see.

San Jose is heavily rumored to be pursuing Chris Drury this off-season, so this trade might be a "wait and see" thing from SJ's perspective...

But I'd actually expect Plekanec to go the other way in a potential Marleau deal. We'll see.

I agree and Plekanec would be a nice fit with San Jose cheap 2 way centre.

I agree and Plekanec would be a nice fit with San Jose cheap 2 way centre.

Plex wont move, we need the Cs and they need the wingers.

Plex wont move, we need the Cs and they need the wingers.

I think they'd love a C corps of Thornton, Drury, Plex and Goc, while putting Pavelski on the wing full time.

Actually, if we could somehow squeez Goc out of the deal as well that'd be freaking awesome. I love hearing play by plays of SJ with him in it... "and he drops Goc in the neutral zone!"