Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Where do i start:

Kovalev

Bouillon

Dandenault

Souray

Ryder (i dion't think he is garbage but can you afford to pay him Kovalev numbers when you have Kovalev) He is good trade bait

Streit (hard working but a 6 or 7 on good teams

As you can tell i think they need to improve the D.

Example: Pleks Ryder and a 1st for Marleau

Bob McKenzie said that Streit is a 4th D on half the teams in the NHL.

Kovalev for Tanguay will not go away this morning.

Check this for the latest

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/draft/journal.html

11:31am - According to one source here at draft headquarters, the Canadiens have been speaking with several teams about trading their two first-round picks.

Well Gainey said that he will not trade his picks for players in his most recent interview (yesterday). But I would do that Kovalev for Tanguay trade in a second. Why would a tandem of Sutter and Keanan want Kovalev though?

Bob McKenzie said that Streit is a 4th D on half the teams in the NHL.

And I agree with that. Streit is awesome and he's even more valuable because not only is he a good defenceman, but he's also a great powerplay quarterback and a very good hard-working forward that can play anywhere on the roster in any role. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Halak and had Streit play back-up goalie too.

Right, good one. If Streit was so good, why did he move to forward? Because the Habs are loaded with gifted D?

This is exactly what i meant about habsfans overhyping players.

When exactly was he a top 4 Dman?

Right, good one. If Streit was so good, why did he move to forward? Because the Habs are loaded with gifted D?

This is exactly what i meant about habsfans overhyping players.

When exactly was he a top 4 Dman?

Maybe it's because there was a flu epidemic on the team (as well as injuries) and there were not enough forwards.

Idiot.

Edited by les_glorieux

Because he was the better fit at forward than Dandenault. They had too many D and not enough forwards, so Streit was pushed into forward duty.

All the insults are fine but know one has answered the questions. So if it makes you feel better to take shots at me that's cool.

So please just answer the questions.

My head is starting to hurt, so you guys can keep thinking Streit is a top 4 D man and I'll go back to reality.

Where do i start:

Kovalev

Bouillon

Dandenault

Souray

Ryder (i dion't think he is garbage but can you afford to pay him Kovalev numbers when you have Kovalev) He is good trade bait

Streit (hard working but a 6 or 7 on good teams

As you can tell i think they need to improve the D.

Example: Pleks Ryder and a 1st for Marleau

If this is your idea of a good trade for the habs - I thank god you are not bob gainey. The Sharks would make this deal in a heartbeat. Why the hell would the canadians be stupid enough to give up a 30 goal scorer, a guy who scored 20 this year and has the potential to be a solid 30 goal guy AND a first round pick for Marleau who is a UFA next year?? :wacko:

Ryder straight up for Marleau sounds like a much fairer deal, considring SJ is going to have Ryder's rights a lot longer. I'd love to see marleau in a habs uniform but would NEVER want to give up what you are suggesting. I think playing with Thorton Ryder can be a 40-50 goal scorer, at most i might consider thowing in a 2nd or 3rd rounder. but that is it.

All the insults are fine but know one has answered the questions. So if it makes you feel better to take shots at me that's cool.

My head is starting to hurt, so you guys can keep thinking Streit is a top 4 D man and I'll go back to reality.

You're right...he's not a top 4 d-man. Maybe on the Habs he might get there if they don't sign Souray or any other d-men...lol.

Streit is a good last pairing guy or a really solid 7th d-man who has the versatility to handle a little at forward. If people make him out to be more then he is then he'll just become the next Brisebois...getting boo'd for not meeting expectations that are way above him.

He isn't even in the Habs top 4, he played forward. The habs have a bottom 5 D team.

he played forward bcoz Carboneau must of been on crack most of the year. On a good team i see streit as a 5th, 6th defencemen. Last year on the habs, he was easily the 4th best.

The canadiens should dump dandenault and Bouillon.

Im just jumping in on this late but it does seem to me Chris that everyone has been answering your questions. Just because you disagree with the answers doesn't make them wrong.

The argument is that Streit is a two way defenceman. He's solid in his own zone but can contribute offensively and quarterback a powerplay. He isn't a forward, but can play there in a pinch, which is what the Habs were in mid-last season when more than half the team was suffering from the flu. You also have to remember that despite his age Streit is essentially only entering his third year in the NHL. If you look at how much he has progressed the last two years it would be fair to speculate he has the ability to become a #4 defenceman in this league. If you look at a few teams for example:

New Jersey: Brian Rafalski, Paul Martin, Colin White, Andy Greene

is Streit better than Andy Greene? I'd say likely so

Buffalo: Brian Campbell, Dimitri Kalinin, Teppo Numminen, Jaroslav Spacek

is Streit better than Spacek? Maybe not, but Id say its pretty close

Toronto: Tomas Kaberle, Brian McCabe, Pavel Kubina, Hal Gill

is Streit better than Gill? I'd say definitely.

hopefully that helps put it in perspective for you.

Ek keeps saying Marleau to Mtl.. and apparently BG has stepped it up in the last hour. Im beginning to think that the Marleau to the Habs will be announced at the beginning of the draft.

:hlogo:

Because Bob Mckenzie said it does it make it true? Think of all the other teams top 4, i don't think so.

I have no problem saying McKenzie is more informed than you, wherever you feel Streit ranks on the Habs depth chart. C'mon, calm down Chris.

Ek keeps saying Marleau to Mtl.. and apparently BG has stepped it up in the last hour. Im beginning to think that the Marleau to the Habs will be announced at the beginning of the draft.

:hlogo:

For what?? I think the Habs need to keep at least one of their 1st round picks...and Marleau's value has to be tempered with the fact he's UFA in 12 months.

Carbo tried him at forward despite his success at D early in the year. We still had Rivet back then, and Bouillon and Dandy were back and he wanted them to get back in form.

It wasn't a good decision, IMO.

Is Streit really a top 4? That's a stretch. I only said he'd be better than O'Donnell in Anaheim, who I definitely see as a 5/6 guy on most teams. Anaheim's unique D makeup gives him a top 4 status. If Streit were there, I'd argue he'd get those minutes over O'Donnell. But that doesn't mean I think he's a prototypical top 4.

I think Streit is better than what you claim, for sure. Give him a steady job back there and he'll succeed, just like he did at the start of last year.

The Leafs also have Carlo Colaiacovo who could be their best defenceman even right now, but still, you're right. Anaheim's #4 defenceman is Sean O'Donnell. He's a solid player but I'd probably rather have Streit on my team.

If you're suggesting he's a depth player... Name one depth player in the NHL who's better than Streit. Aside from Vancouver and San Jose I can't think of a single other team with a guy on their bottom pairing better than Streit (before free agency).