Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Dreger of TSN is reporting the Habs are after Yashin. As are several other teams.

Also said Souray and Stuart both want to go to California.

Yea i just saw that, but i wouldnt rule out montreal for Souray just yet anything can happen, its the waiting game we have to play. Sykora got signed at 1 AM this morning so yea anything can happen

There are still quality guys left and we still have some room.

Why not try getting Aaron Miller out of L.A. or Cammalleri (RFA). How much room does L.A have after signing 4 guys yesterday?

Either way there are loads of guys still out there for the taking...here's the list

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212407&hubname=

The habs roster is overly full at this point, the Habs need to make a trade to get better. Possibly a 2-3 for 1 good player.

I would be shocked if BG picked up anymore UFA's.

I think an inexpensive blueliner who might be a good pickup is Vitaly Vishnevski. This kid throws out some big hits, nothing offensively though. Ossi Vaananen is another guy in a similar mold.

Yes, i thought of him too Vishnevski, i would bet that BG won't bite though, he has just drafted in the past 2 years some high end D prospects, if they signed Vishnevski, the 6 D would be set for numerous years not opening up spots.

I suppose, but they could always trade him to open up a spot. I think most teams are gunning for Souray and Stuart at the moment, so I don't think his contract would be too crazy.

Yes, i agree about the contract size and especiaslly needing a hard hitter. Maybe he could rid themselves of Bouillon and Dandy and have Gorges and Vishnevski as 5 and 6.

That would be a nice dream.

Yes, i agree about the contract size and especiaslly needing a hard hitter. Maybe he could rid themselves of Bouillon and Dandy and have Gorges and Vishnevski as 5 and 6.

That would be a nice dream.

It certainly would... Bring in Vishnevski and get rid of Dandy/Bouillon how? as parts of that 2-3 player trade?? No team is going to want both of them though, they'd have to be 'gotten rid of' separately... If you lose both their salaries, you might come out even while bringin in Vishnevski.

Whatever happens, I hope Gorges gets a chance over either of Dandy/Cube next year. He's got lots of potential and hasn't been given a chance.

We should all give it a rest - Gainey says he only has 2 million left and he doesn't want to sign anyone. And yes, that includes Shanahan.

why would he ?? shanahan totally crapped in gainey's hands last year. NEXT !!

Inside source... :unsure:

Habs have signed Jamie Rivers. Likely as an AHL d-man.

we will see how good this source is.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Inside source... :unsure:

Habs have signed Jamie Rivers. Likely as an AHL d-man.

we will see how good this source is.

Former wing and sen is he not 40??

Never mind hockey db says only early 30s

Edited by JMMR

Hmmmm, they want Halak and a scoring winger....

How about Halak and Ryder for Marleau?

I bet we would have to add a 1st rounder or something for that to happen but I would love that deal (even with the 1st rounder)

I like BObs strategy. This is not a rumour but rather a theory and/or speculation. What if BOb said he is done shopping to make it ONLY appear as if we are done. This may create a situation where a UFA has no where to go, wants to play but realizes Montreal will not be calling. This in turn leads to the player/agent calling Montreal and BOb says,

BOb: "I understand your client wants to play here but we don't need his services really. Maybe he could help on the wing but given our payroll we really aren't interested in 4 million to solve this problem".

AGENT: "I know, but my client can't can't find work. Maybe he'll play for you guys for less. He expressed an interest to take a discount but I'm not sure how much of one he is willing to take".

BOb: "That might work for us if it's in the 2.5 range".

AGENT: "I'll talk to my client".

BOb, hangs up phone. Looks at Pierre Gauthier and says: "It worked Pierre".

HERE'S HOPING :clap:

I like BObs strategy. This is not a rumour but rather a theory and/or speculation. What if BOb said he is done shopping to make it ONLY appear as if we are done. This may create a situation where a UFA has no where to go, wants to play but realizes Montreal will not be calling. This in turn leads to the player/agent calling Montreal and BOb says,

BOb: "I understand your client wants to play here but we don't need his services really. Maybe he could help on the wing but given our payroll we really aren't interested in 4 million to solve this problem".

AGENT: "I know, but my client can't can't find work. Maybe he'll play for you guys for less. He expressed an interest to take a discount but I'm not sure how much of one he is willing to take".

BOb: "That might work for us if it's in the 2.5 range".

AGENT: "I'll talk to my client".

BOb, hangs up phone. Looks at Pierre Gauthier and says: "It worked Pierre".

HERE'S HOPING :clap:

Works for me.

CKAC reports Forsberg and his agent are in Montreal. Don't get carried away here or get the hopes too high. He's in St. Jerome every year to investigate new skating equipment.

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Don't stress me out like htat... I REFUSE to get my hopes up... repeat: it's only for the skating equipment, it's only for the skating equipment.