Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Don't stress me out like htat... I REFUSE to get my hopes up... repeat: it's only for the skating equipment, it's only for the skating equipment.

Whoa, I did this to avoid a situation with a poster not indicating that he's in on business. Number 2 - I didn't start a thread.

Whoa, I did this to avoid a situation with a poster not indicating that he's in on business. Number 2 - I didn't start a thread.

yeah, it's cool, just a long day at work and all... thanks for quelling the rumors before they start :unsure:

CKAC reports Forsberg and his agent are in Montreal. Don't get carried away here or get the hopes too high. He's in St. Jerome every year to investigate new skating equipment.

It would be a good idea to play and live really close to the people that engineer the stuff though right??

LOL

Gaineys free agency signings were moderately ok, nothing amazing just more of his usual non moves. We are still a team that will land in the 6-10 range.

Until we get that main piece we arn't going to do any better next year.

But am I the only one that thinks Chris Higgins has star potential? And that, if he does, it's now or never for him to show it for an entire season?

If Higgins does have a break-out year, we'll suddenly have 'added' an elite player (a 'main piece') to our roster without paying a dime of additional salary.

It's worth keeping in mind, at least.

But am I the only one that thinks Chris Higgins has star potential? And that, if he does, it's now or never for him to show it for an entire season?

If Higgins does have a break-out year, we'll suddenly have 'added' an elite player (a 'main piece') to our roster without paying a dime of additional salary.

I agree with you that he has star potential, but I'm not sure if next year is really the "now or never" scenario for him. I could see him having a solid year next year with some downs, but then really break out the year after. I do expect him to work hard every night and be a leader (which I think he's already developing well into)...

So we will base our whole season and refuse to make key moves that we have needed for the past 5 years on the off chance that one of our good players will bring his game up to the level of star?

Hey if your a gambling man go for it, I can't say he wont but I think the odds are against you. But what if we were to say acquire that star player AND Higgins gets in an amazing season? Then we would be set for a real cup run and laughing next season. Right now we have a team full of mediocre to good players.

I think we have at least 2 really good chances for star potential players. Higgins and A.Kostitsyn.

Kost could hit 30 goals with decent ice time. We all know what Higgins is capable of (remember the start of 06/07?)

We also have a real wild card in Lahti. He could tear it up also.

We can't as OSM said bank an entire season on the prospect of someone turning into a star this season. A move should be made if possible.

No, I'm just saying we should leaven our rampant pessimism with an awareness that things can actually go RIGHT for us from time to time...

I'm a silver lining kind guy anyway!

Whether Higgins becomes a star or not, you can bet that he will put up better numbers than the (I think) 38 points that he did this year. I'd say 30 goals and 25-30 assists is very possible if he plays up to his potential. Ryder should put up those same numbers (same as he did last season) and Latendresse has a chance at ...hmm... 20-25 goals and 20-30 assists. Kostitsyn, who knows.

Just some predictions. ^_^

Whether Higgins becomes a star or not, you can bet that he will put up better numbers than the (I think) 38 points that he did this year. I'd say 30 goals and 25-30 assists is very possible if he plays up to his potential. Ryder should put up those same numbers (same as he did last season) and Latendresse has a chance at ...hmm... 20-25 goals and 20-30 assists. Kostitsyn, who knows.

Just some predictions. ^_^

I hope u are right, I remember the time when we had as many 20 point getters as the wings had 20 goal scorers.. late 90s...

Its either that these guys put up these numbers or we will be battling it our for 1st overall with islanders next year :P

Inside source... :unsure:

Habs have signed Jamie Rivers. Likely as an AHL d-man.

we will see how good this source is.

Gee...I guess that guy was right.

You're now his new best friend. Keep them rumours coming.

Im starting to get worried about Ryder and this arbitration business. I thought Ryder would have been one of Gainey's top priorities this summer. He is our top scorer and an all round good player. Remember that game against T dot last season. Was it four goals he had? Anyway he's said he likes montreal he was a habs fan growing up. I think he needs to be signed. NOW

:hlogo:

Im starting to get worried about Ryder and this arbitration business. I thought Ryder would have been one of Gainey's top priorities this summer. He is our top scorer and an all round good player. Remember that game against T dot last season. Was it four goals he had? Anyway he's said he likes montreal he was a habs fan growing up. I think he needs to be signed. NOW

What?! I can remember reading an interview on the official Canadiens site that Ryder grew up being a Maple Leafs fan. Is it you or me that's got it all wrong?

Anyway he's said he likes montreal he was a habs fan growing up. I think he needs to be signed. NOW

What?! I can remember reading an interview on the official Canadiens site that Ryder grew up being a Maple Leafs fan. Is it you or me that's got it all wrong?

im with you ch_nl, I always thought the story was the ryder was a leafs fan (not that I think it is a big deal at this point).

oh maybe it's his dad who was the habs fan i just remember seeing a interview of him and hearing something of the sort, plus he's from the east coast, a lot of habs support there.

oh maybe it's his dad who was the habs fan i just remember seeing a interview of him and hearing something of the sort, plus he's from the east coast, a lot of habs support there.

He and his family grew up Leaf fans, but he has said he loves playing and scoring on the Leafs.

He and his family grew up Leaf fans, but he has said he loves playing and scoring on the Leafs.

Yup, he is an ever-loving-Leaf fan however I believe he is professional enough to play his best for any team. If some team signed him to a big contract(Other than Habs of course) what would be the Habs compensation in draft picks?

I believe people here should have some faith in the young talent on the dogs. Look at Vanek in his second yearwith Sabres, 41 goals. Wow.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Yup, he is an ever-loving-Leaf fan however I believe he is professional enough to play his best for any team. If some team signed him to a big contract(Other than Habs of course) what would be the Habs compensation in draft picks?

I believe people here should have some faith in the young talent on the dogs. Look at Vanek in his second yearwith Sabres, 41 goals. Wow.

Depends how much

Didn't see it posted. If it was - please forgive.

Eklund the anonymous blogger says Ryder is next to receive an RFA offer

Yeah but since he filed for arbitration he can not recieve one.,

NHL CBA Article 10.2

Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a Group II Player

requests salary arbitration pursuant to Article 12, such player

will not be eligible to negotiate with any Club other than his

Prior Club or sign an Offer Sheet pursuant to this Article 10

except as provided in Section 12.6.

Edited by JMMR