Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I was just saying that we have Kots we don't need Zherdev.

No way we would trade for Zherdev it's just Ek smoking to get some hits on his site.

Exactly...every single blog he posts has a "Canadiens, Habs" tag in it, regardless of any relevance to the team. He doesn't have any more connections than Garrioch, Strachan, or Brooks...he's just got a lot of time to tool around on his website.

[/size]SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELLLLLLLLAAANNNNNEEEE!!!!!!!!

According to EK! I'm stupidly choosing to beleive him if that's alright with you chaps. His house in California is for sale. Which means he's retiring(probably) or moving. Destination Buffalo? I doubt it. Dallas? Why? Philli? Holmgren has already stated there is no room cap wise, I hope he isn't lying. MONTREAL??????? We may be the team that has a plan to make it happen!!!!!!!bouncy.gif

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

[/size]SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELANNE! SELLLLLLLLAAANNNNNEEEE!!!!!!!!

According to EK! I'm stupidly choosing to beleive him if that's alright with you chaps. His house in California is for sale. Which means he's retiring(probably) or moving. Destination Buffalo? I doubt it. Dallas? Why? Philli? Holmgren has already stated there is no room cap wise, I hope he isn't lying. MONTREAL??????? We may be the team that has a plan to make it happen!!!!!!!bouncy.gif

Ok, time to take a chill pill; If this becomes reality I'll bounce from the ceiling too. but till then lets all just relax.. this means you Saks. :)

He probably has his house for sale cause it doesn't have a room big enough to display the replica stanley cup he now has to show off..

I highly doubt that Selanne is going anywhere other than back to the ducks or retireing.

Pretty soon that signature of yours will have a frozen St lawrence river, a snow-man and Teemu's pic up instead of that coastal sunset. Come on buddy ...THINK POSITIVE. The habs need to catch a signing break sometime soon.I know, why would he want to come to a re-building, young team after a cup win? One can always dream of coming home from work, hitting Habsworld.com and seeing a black box at the top of the page stating.....well I won't say it and jinx it. You know?

If Gainey signs Selanne or any other UFA, I'll be very surprised. Given our cap and the long term restrictions, a 4 million dollar signing may have repercussions in the long run, especially if a long term deal is what is sought by the player. Not signing a UFA this year enables us to sign one in 2008. Many teams made their cap bed this year. We can be players in the UFA market more so next year and hopefully BOb does not succumb to all this "sign a UFA" media nonsense. He listened last year and got Sammy. That didn't go so well for us. The right UFA is what is needed. :hlogo:

A trade is much more likely between now and July 30th and/or training camp IMO.

But, expect the unexpected. Remember what BOb said. The UFA player must call us! :hlogo:

Dial up Teemu, Saku. I'm allowed to hope too. Beyond that he isn't coming to Montreal. :(

If we did the utterly unlikely and somehow contracted Selanne, I'd be floored if he got more than a year contract.

We will not win the Cup by adding him to the roster, and as has been pointed out, we can play in next summer's UFA market.

But for a year at 4m, what the hell, I'd do it in a flash. The question begs, though: why on Earth would he even consider coming to us?????

If we did the utterly unlikely and somehow contracted Selanne, I'd be floored if he got more than a year contract.

We will not win the Cup by adding him to the roster, and as has been pointed out, we can play in next summer's UFA market.

But for a year at 4m, what the hell, I'd do it in a flash. The question begs, though: why on Earth would he even consider coming to us?????

To play with his good friends Saku and Lahti...and because Dark Fahrie his currently hiding somewhere doing

voodoo about this.

I would buy instantly 2 jerseys when im in the states. One Koivu and one Selanne...

And i would go screaming through the streets!

I'd sell all my jerseys and the cloths off my back and run through the streets screaming too! :)

thank God there is no chance of that happening I'd hate to freeze my butt in the middle of winter on the streets of Canada.

Edited by Chips

To play with his good friends Saku and Lahti...and because Dark Fahrie his currently hiding somewhere doing

voodoo about this.

okay I know he knows saku, but does anyone know if he even knows Lahti??? Just because they're both finnish...

If Gainey did sign Selane, it would be a thank you to all Habs fans for staying Habs fans. I am not a huge proponent of this type of move, however my love of hockey makes me think I would enjoy to see him in a Habs uniform at least for 1 year.

okay I know he knows saku, but does anyone know if he even knows Lahti??? Just because they're both finnish...

I'm gonna email him and see if he will (or has thought about) coming to the habs.

I'll let you know what his response is.

I'm gonna email him and see if he will (or has thought about) coming to the habs.

I'll let you know what his response is.

you are emailing who? if you mean teemu why would he tell you?

you are emailing who? if you mean teemu why would he tell you?

I think he's emailing Dark Fahrie; because of his connections with Saku... but I could be mistaken...

I think he's emailing Dark Fahrie; because of his connections with Saku... but I could be mistaken...

Nope, I emailed Teemu.

He likely won't say anything about it at all, but why not ask?

I'm sure not many have asked recently.

On a side note, How does Faerie know Saku?

Edited by Habitforming

Nope, I emailed Teemu.

He likely won't say anything about it at all, but why not ask?

I'm sure not many have asked recently.

On a side note, How does Faerie know Saku?

ummm... you can actually EMAIL Teemu? Wow, you've got some connections man!

A Finnish Flash?

Eklund is sipping the strong booze today, rumours with the names "Avery" and "Habs" in the same line. Would love to hear the audience at the roster presentation. Michel Lacroix (I think thats his name) = Number 24 SEAN AVERY!!! Fans = BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO