Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ek updates again: "Also the Habs are looking at "three to four" centers right now...One is Horcoff, one may be Halpern...the other two, I am chasing down..."

AC's take: If this is true or at least if the " looking at "three to four" centers" is true then maybe something could be happening soon.

Also, Yvon Pedneault uses Jason Allison and Bell Centre in the same sentence. Could Allison be Habs bound?

http://www.canoe.com/sports/chroniques/yvo...810-122501.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Ek updates again: "Also the Habs are looking at "three to four" centers right now...One is Horcoff, one may be Halpern...the other two, I am chasing down..."

AC's take: If this is true or at least if the " looking at "three to four" centers" is true then maybe something could be happening soon.

:hlogo:

wow three TO four centers !!! :lol: If I were gainey, i'd be looking at all the centers in the league.

MAK's take: AC should stop reading eklund. the guy is completely clueless and showed it at the trade deadline on sportsnet.

I don't think anything will happen soon: its freaking august. I'm sure gainey is on a beach somewhere taking well deserved time off after an awfull year.

Might have been a joke when Allison's name was mentioned at the Bell Centre.

Speaking of third and fourth line centers, do the Habs really need one? Lapierre, Begin, Smolinski and Chipchura. Sounds like that area is covered.

Might have been a joke when Allison's name was mentioned at the Bell Centre.

Speaking of third and fourth line centers, do the Habs really need one? Lapierre, Begin, Smolinski and Chipchura. Sounds like that area is covered.

Yeah I would think thier depth at centre would be good.

No point in brining a guy in unless he pushes koivu down to 2 and plekanec down to 3

Edited by JMMR

With the new owners in Tampa, especially Doug MacLean who is gonna be more implicated in the hockey

department than the owner before, does anyone think that they will moves one of their aces.

Jay Feaster will may be forced to release Richards in order to keep the league second best player Lecavalier.

The price for Richards would be a franchise goalie and a top four defenseman i think.

Would Markov and Huet would be too much to pay for him??

Tampa bay has a more prospect goalies than montreal. the have been drafting a lot of Dmen as well. what theyd need is size and scoring up front .

Tampa bay has a more prospect goalies than montreal. the have been drafting a lot of Dmen as well. what theyd need is size and scoring up front .

Exactly.

I don't think they need more size per se, but they do need scoring and depth at all the forward positions.

I could see a deal with a consistent scorer and some good prospects (forwards) that are very close to NHL ready now.

Let's face it, if one of the big 4 are moved it is because of salary issues and not because they aren't doing their job. This fact will only help who ever is trying to trade for one of the big guys.

In Eks UFA Rankings he has changed and tweaked some things. One thing that I noticed is Selanne name has (Anaheim, Philii, Montreal) the Retire part has been taken out.

Did I miss something? Has their been an announcement?

Is he a habs yet?

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Selanne is pretty much retiring at this point. If he doesn't, it's Ducks or die. Don't fall into Eklund's misleading rumors.

Tampa isn't going to move any of the big 4 mainly because 3 of them have no-trade clauses and the other one makes too much money and not everyone can afford his contract (and Tampa isn't crazy enough to move any of them). Not to mention that Boyle becomes a UFA at the end of the upcoming season.

With the new owners in Tampa, especially Doug MacLean who is gonna be more implicated in the hockey

department than the owner before, does anyone think that they will moves one of their aces.

Jay Feaster will may be forced to release Richards in order to keep the league second best player Lecavalier.

The price for Richards would be a franchise goalie and a top four defenseman i think.

we cant part with markov

yea Eklund has updated his trade rumors with horcoff now getting an (e2) marleau still at (e3)

\Tampa isn't going to move any of the big 4 mainly because 3 of them have no-trade clauses and the other one makes too much money and not everyone can afford his contract (and Tampa isn't crazy enough to move any of them). Not to mention that Boyle becomes a UFA at the end of the upcoming season.

St. Louis, Lecavalier, Richards, and ... ?

So todays rumour update is/continues to be/blah/blah/blah:

Foppa to Ottawa and Selanne is 50/50 to retire.

When Boyle saw the Timmonen deal, he probably started shopping for a new yacht. No way Boyle wouldn't get $6.5m+ on the open market.

I'm not so sure. I wouldn't pay Boyle nearly that much. I think it's just that Timmonen was overpaid and won't have much affect on the market, just like how McCabe's deal didn't seem to have much affect on Souray's value.

I wouldn't go that far with Souray. McCabe and Souray are quite comparable.

If Souray had scored that many points in previous seasons, he'd be easily getting McCabe money. Either way, I'm sure his agent used him as a comparable to Gainey.

New rumour from Eklund, http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8968

The Habs and Kings are rumoured to be discussing a deal that would bring Visnovsky to Montreal.

The Kings reportedly are asking for a prospect and Steve Begin and a pick. Depending on the source, the Habs may be a stopover for Visnovsky. Omne source is telling me it is, one isn't sure, but apparently the Sharks have some interesrt in Visnovsky

PS: The spelling is not me, its Ek lol

New rumour from Eklund, http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8968

The Habs and Kings are rumoured to be discussing a deal that would bring Visnovsky to Montreal.

The Kings reportedly are asking for a prospect and Steve Begin and a pick. Depending on the source, the Habs may be a stopover for Visnovsky. Omne source is telling me it is, one isn't sure, but apparently the Sharks have some interesrt in Visnovsky

PS: The spelling is not me, its Ek lol

The Habs certainly don't need anymore d-men but he is an excellent offensive d-man. If true then the Habs would certainly be moving a d-man or 2 out.

The V-man would be an AWESOME addition to a team with a dire need for another top-4 defenceman. Unfortunately this Eklund guy is a waste of everyone's time, so I'll avoid getting excited until something actually happens.

LA wanting to move Visnovsky for a 4th liner, plus an undisclosed pick and prospect makes zero sense for the Kings, who just worked like crazy to sign him to a 5 year, $28 million extension that kicks in after the season. I can see SJ wanting him, but for the Kings to move him out for that small price (unless the pick is high and the prospect really good), it can't be justified on that end.

Also, if this alleged rumour were to actually come true, with Visnovsky going through Montreal to San Jose for the above package in exchange for a certain centre that has been mentioned enough already, the Habs would find themselves over the cap.