Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

An impact player leaving won't work for Wilson. SJ are considered contenders (apparently). BOb might want a "Pavelski" as an example. He's probably the only center Wilson would even consider moving. If Halak + "?" went the other way we might land a prospect with Pavelski to make the deal even. Don't forget that the acquired prospect might make it feasable for BOb to flip out said prospect or deal one of our current ones to make another deal with another team altogether.

San Jose isnt the only show in town, there is 5 other divisions full of teams. Gainey could find someone looking to make a deal. If Sanjose doesnt want to give us what we require in trade then look elsewhere.

San Jose isnt the only show in town, there is 5 other divisions full of teams. Gainey could find someone looking to make a deal. If Sanjose doesnt want to give us what we require in trade then look elsewhere.

Yeah, this rumour is probably a bunch of s*** anyway

I read a fascinating article on Eklund recently on AOL's hockey site.

It reveals his identity, has a few photos of him at the draft and at some Predators fan rally. Apparently he does indeed have more than a few contacts in the industry, the reason he didn't reveal his name was due to one glaring problem with the Eklund alias...when the site launched during the lockout, it was apparently more than one individual who posted under that name (the current Eklund, Tim Panaccio (a Philly sports writer), and several others).

So it's not surprising his rumours (even though a high majority are insanely strange) end up on RDS and the like. His Hockeybuzz.com outfit has apparently partnered with the New York Islanders to set up some blogs as well.

It's all quite sketchy, but I really don't blame him for making money off idiots who are eager to hear anything he has to post or say..

It's all quite sketchy, but I really don't blame him for making money off idiots who are eager to hear anything he has to post or say..

I don't blame him either. After all, his "idots" are less idot that those who buy movie stars' gabages (litteraly) on ebay...

What is an idot. Did you mean idiot?

Anyway, i read this morning Dandenault possibly to Tampa who is looking for a Dman. I may mention i saw a Tampa game 2 nights ago the Habs should ask for Tarnaski (spelling) or Roy. They both had fights in the first 5 minutes.

The Halak out West rumor continues to stay out there. This does make sense if Price stays with the big club. No sense in keeping Halak if Price is the answer. Johnson From La would be a nice return.

What is an idot. Did you mean idiot?

Anyway, i read this morning Dandenault possibly to Tampa who is looking for a Dman. I may mention i saw a Tampa game 2 nights ago the Habs should ask for Tarnaski (spelling) or Roy. They both had fights in the first 5 minutes.

The Halak out West rumor continues to stay out there. This does make sense if Price stays with the big club. No sense in keeping Halak if Price is the answer. Johnson From La would be a nice return.

I'm assuming you mean Jack Johnson, and if so....not likely without adding alot to the package.

roy takes too many stupid penalties.

don't expect Johnson to be traded anytime soon. after he was stolen from the hurricanes, I don't think that L.A. will be interested in letting him go.

now if you talk about a dustin Brown, I'm all ears !!

I think our goaltending issue is minimal anyway.

We need to move bodies for a few younger guys like Grabovski, D'Agostini and especially O'Byrne.

Something has to give, 9 D for 6 spots isn't going to work.

roy takes too many stupid penalties.

don't expect Johnson to be traded anytime soon. after he was stolen from the hurricanes, I don't think that L.A. will be interested in letting him go.

now if you talk about a dustin Brown, I'm all ears !!

Why are you so high on Dustin Brown exactly?

Last year Roy didn't take many "stupid" penalties. He played well and under control. I beleive Ryder, Koivu and Kovalev had more "stupid" penalties then Roy.

Halak is on the cusp of being a good to great goalie. The Habs IF they trade need to get a young NHL ready player with upside like Halak. That isn't unreasonable. If they had to throw ina extra player to do that, that's fine with me.

Palyers like Johnson in La, Bernier in SanJose aren't that unreasonable to ask for. I'm not saying a team will do it, but it would be fair.

Why are you so high on Dustin Brown exactly?

lol

I just checked his stats !! I thought he had a better year, althought he did ok given his team overall performance.

what I like: he's young, he's right handed and doesn't mind physical play.

not that I would mind jack johnson. he's just not available.

anyways, the L.A. kings are likely to give bernier a shot at being no1 goalie there so I dont see a trade for halak soon.

So were all all of the folks who insisted who had some much depth, the kind of cards required for the HABS to move into Stanley Cup land again.

None of the your players cut on Monday were picked up on waivers by other teams. Although they may be if recalled by the HABS over the season, that should say alot about our depth.

And what of the fact that, for a team who made the playoffs, there are currently only 4 propects left in training camp: O'Byrne, Price, Chipchura and Grabosvki. Not all will survive, while we will carry with the Smolinski's, Kostopoupos', Dandenault's, Bouillon's, Gorges', Begin's, perhaps even Murray's of this world.

I am disappointed that BG did not move assets over the summer and that many of these are now worth ... well not much.

So were all all of the folks who insisted who had some much depth, the kind of cards required for the HABS to move into Stanley Cup land again.

None of the your players cut on Monday were picked up on waivers by other teams. Although they may be if recalled by the HABS over the season, that should say alot about our depth.

And what of the fact that, for a team who made the playoffs, there are currently only 4 propects left in training camp: O'Byrne, Price, Chipchura and Grabosvki. Not all will survive, while we will carry with the Smolinski's, Kostopoupos', Dandenault's, Bouillon's, Gorges', Begin's, perhaps even Murray's of this world.

I am disappointed that BG did not move assets over the summer and that many of these are now worth ... well not much.

how many waiver claims have there been so far this season? It doesn't seem like teams were raiding anybody else's closets.

Actually, the fact that we have to cut all these guys is proof of our depth.

Four prospects left in camp at this time is a lot, by the way, and you won't go anywhere with a team full or rookies unless yuo have the Smolinskis, Kostopouloses and Begins of the world.

PS - young prospects don't have to clear waivers, so when we talk about our great prospects,we're not talking about Eric Manlow and Ajay Baines. It is only the career AHLers (except for possibly Danis and Locke) who had to clear waivers so our guys clearing has no link whatsoever to our teams depth or prospect depth.

In general, your post makes zero sense. :rolleyes:

Didn't see it but TSN said on Sportcentre that Chipchura and O'Byrne have made the team...at least for the start of the season.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Didn't see it but TSN said on Sportcentre that Chipchura and O'Byrne have made the team...at least for the start of the season.

"To me, the team is set. Chipchura and O'Byrne made it - Price didn't." That's an excerpt from one of my posts a couple of days ago.

I don't see this as a surprise at all, there was never really any doubt about it since the preseason started.

Actually, the fact that we have to cut all these guys is proof of our depth.

Four prospects left in camp at this time is a lot, by the way, and you won't go anywhere with a team full or rookies unless yuo have the Smolinskis, Kostopouloses and Begins of the world.

PS - young prospects don't have to clear waivers, so when we talk about our great prospects,we're not talking about Eric Manlow and Ajay Baines. It is only the career AHLers (except for possibly Danis and Locke) who had to clear waivers so our guys clearing has no link whatsoever to our teams depth or prospect depth.

In general, your post makes zero sense. :rolleyes:

If 29 teams passed on the material we put on waivers, it is because the said teams think that their system has as much depth as ours. If so, then cancel each other out!, with our farm team beaing no better in terms of prospects than other teams. And with a team that did not even make the playoffs last year that concerns me.

On the other hand, the fact that no waived players, regardless of who put them up, have effectively been picked up by other teams is strange. Have GMs decided not to raid one another at this point, waiting instead for demoted players to be recalled? Coincidence sure, but I do not think there is collusion here on the part of the GMs.

"To me, the team is set. Chipchura and O'Byrne made it - Price didn't." That's an excerpt from one of my posts a couple of days ago.

I don't see this as a surprise at all, there was never really any doubt about it since the preseason started.

I don't think O'Byrne will make it.

Don't get me wrong here, he deserves to stay given his steady performance thus far but he is a victim of the rules and numbers.

Out of Gorges, Bouillion, Brisebois or any other bubble Dman right now O'Byrne is the only one that doesn't have to clear waivers to be sent down, and unfortunately that will be the likely move Gainey makes (especially after losing Beauchemin and to a far lesser degree Hainsey in the same way).

Hopefully it will only be a short stint in the AHL before Gainey can unload the extra D for O'Byrne to have a spot with actual ice time. Something has to be done, management has to quit wasting talent for the boarderline NHL vets.

If 29 teams passed on the material we put on waivers, it is because the said teams think that their system has as much depth as ours. If so, then cancel each other out!, with our farm team beaing no better in terms of prospects than other teams. And with a team that did not even make the playoffs last year that concerns me.

On the other hand, the fact that no waived players, regardless of who put them up, have effectively been picked up by other teams is strange. Have GMs decided not to raid one another at this point, waiting instead for demoted players to be recalled? Coincidence sure, but I do not think there is collusion here on the part of the GMs.

Your point is right, but you should remember that most of the depth on our team that everyone is boasting about are in the "new finds" who haven't yet had to clear waivers because the don't have the Pro years under their belt, not guys like Cote, Locke, etc, but guys like S. Kostitsyn, Grabovski, D'agostini...

Because, as ShortHanded says, the prospects we boast about don't have to clear waivers. The guys we just waived are fringe NHLers who load up our farm team but aren't NHL players. The waiver claims will come right at the end of camp - the last cuts are the where the NHL calibre players get cut.

I don't think O'Byrne will make it.

Don't get me wrong here, he deserves to stay given his steady performance thus far but he is a victim of the rules and numbers.

Out of Gorges, Bouillion, Brisebois or any other bubble Dman right now O'Byrne is the only one that doesn't have to clear waivers to be sent down, and unfortunately that will be the likely move Gainey makes (especially after losing Beauchemin and to a far lesser degree Hainsey in the same way).

Hopefully it will only be a short stint in the AHL before Gainey can unload the extra D for O'Byrne to have a spot with actual ice time. Something has to be done, management has to quit wasting talent for the boarderline NHL vets.

Beauchemin and Hainsey were young though. We already know what Bouillon, Briseboise and Dandenault can do and O'Byrne has outplayed them all. Dandenault will need to be traded whether we keep O'Byrne or not and I don't see why we can't carry 8 d-men, especially if Brisebois wasn't brought in to play anyway.

The only reason why I don't think Dandenault will not be cut right away is because he most likely wouldn't be claimed off waivers so that would hurt his trade value, which is already very low.

Speaking of guys on the bubble, just in other camps, Setoguchi is lighting it up for SJ right now and Bernier has been notably silent. They both are projected as scoring line RW's for the Sharks, so that could be an interesting chip for SJ to potentially move if Setoguchi surpasses Bernier.

I think you are confused. (I get that way once in a while and the gang here straighten me out)

It is too early for other GM's to start taking players from other teams send downs as their rosters are large right now as well. Being so close to the start of the season every team is evaluating their own prospects and setting their rosters.

Later on in the year, it is easier for them to adjust their rosters by trading young players on their farm teams they determine as expendable to teams that have young prospects they target. By not claiming any habs send downs, does not reflect directly on the overall abilities of the players. Now if it was an impact type player, they would not have been sent down in the first place. I do not believe any team claimed any players from any team; however there was a trade between Boston and a western team of non roster players.

Montreal's farm team is good, as their talent won the 2007 Calder Cup championship.