Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1. I don't think it was serious

2. All the posts that followed he referred to a UFA, which would indicate Hossa.

At no time in history has a team traded it's 2 best players at the same time. Taking that proposal serious is silly.

The only way Hossa flies out the door when he hits the market is if he agrees to a contract extension with the team he is going to. In that case his value becomes way more than just prospects and picks.

1. It was stated as "large package for Ilya and Hossa" Sounds like a legitimate post to me.

2. Never stated it was for Hossa alone, started for the two and never changed.

I also stated two franchise players being traded at once was unheard of and Hossa is gone whether on a contract or not, teams fought over Smyth and Forsburg like mad dogs at the deadline this would be bigger.

1. It was stated as "large package for Ilya and Hossa" Sounds like a legitimate post to me.

2. Never stated it was for Hossa alone, started for the two and never changed.

I also stated two franchise players being traded at once was unheard of and Hossa is gone whether on a contract or not, teams fought over Smyth and Forsburg like mad dogs at the deadline this would be bigger.

Whatever floats your boat.

I've said before around here that Koivu should not be considered untradeable. However, it would be a delicate situation because of his NTC. Koivu clearly loves Montreal and wants to win here. Asking him whether he would accept being traded could raise the double whammy of him vetoing the offer and then resenting the fact that it was made. Also, no way does Koivu accept going anywhere other than a contender.

Basically, I think Koivu will stick around because the Habs have many other players who will be easier to move.

Having said that, if he were to be offered around deadline time, he could fetch a handsome return. He would be an enormous asset to any Cup contending team for a playoff run...I don't think everyone around here fully appreciates what a clutch performer Koivu is and how many intangibles he could bring to a contending club.

If the Habs aren't looking like contenders within two years, I'd say trade Koivu as Plan B. Use him to get back a major piece of the puzzle for the future.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

And oh yeah - Price should not be traded under any forseeable circumstances.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

If the Habs aren't looking like contenders within two years, I'd say trade Koivu as Plan B. Use him to get back a major piece of the puzzle for the future.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

No kidding. If Gainey didn't trade Souray at the deadline last year when the team was struggling for the playoffs, what would it take him to trade Koivu (who isnt a impending UFA)?

Still, I suppose you should never rule anything out. But, the day it comes to that...I don't know, I might be picketing the Bell Centre. Or I'd stop spending my hard earned money supporting the team.

I would not make a trade like that unless Hossa was signed to a new deal. That is to much for a possible rental.

As for Koivu. I think he is a little overrated by some, and vastly underrated by others. I don't expect him to go anywhere. But ya never know. I like him.

I know thats a lot for Hossa, but in my opinion thats the kind of package thats its gonna take to get him from Atlanta before Christmas. It gives them what they got rid of for Tkachuk, and it just might save Wadells job.

I like Koivu aswell but, and i say this with much regret, he is not going to win a cup here. Not unless a major trade or UFA signing gets us a #1 center, with him as our #2. If Koivu was our number 2 we'd be a contender.

I am not calling for him to get traded, I can just see/feel it happening this year

Garth Murray has a broken ankle... What are we gonna do? :o

I feel bad for Murray, he gave all he had against Florida. I mean the guy has been waitng to play, he finally gets a game and then breaks his ankle, tough luck.

Edited by Davehab

Yeah, Murray's a good depth player as long as he's not playing every game. But we had a bit too much competition, I think. Now only one forward is scratched each night, which I like. I would like for it to be Dandenault but he's playing way too well to bench so it looks like it'll be Begin again.

I was a little depressed so I visited the Electronic Klown's site (Eklund) to laugh a bit...

Among other funny things, he posted that the habs are interested in Horcoff and the Oilers in Ryder...

Personnaly, I wouldn't make that trade one to one... Horcoff doesn't have Ryder's scoring touch, and even if we scored 6 yesterday, we still not have enough natural goal scorers.

Moving Ryder wouldn't be a bad idea right now. I would go for a pick or prospect though. I like Horcoff but i beleive he is a center, the habs have alot of quality there, just not a super star. Kosty could move to the top line on his natural side if ryder is moved.

As per Ek,

Gainey is at the Rangers/Pens game which is a bit odd. He and Sather are friends and have traded a few times before...maybe a deal is to be made tonight?

The Rangers are desperate for wingers and d-men.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

As per Ek,

Gainey is at the Rangers/Pens game which is a bit odd. He and Sather are friends and have traded a few times before...maybe a deal is to be made tonight?

The Rangers are desperate for wingers and d-men.

Next Eklund will say Sather wanted Murray back and was willing to trade Hossa :lol:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

trade murray for hossa :lol:

if anything I think that gainey could be looking at malone while pittsburgh would look at bouillon. theres a connection between bouillon and therrien.