Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Jagr brings up some interesting question, even if I do have little interest in acquiring him. Right now the Habs only have 2.1 in cap space. Even if we lost Ryder (2.95 million) in the trade and dumped Dandenault (1.725), we still only have 6.8 million in cap space, not enough to fit Jagr's 8 million salary. However, the question is what is Jagr's real cap hit? In New York, I think his cap hit is only 5 million, since Washington is paying part of his salary. Now, if Jagr gets traded to a new team, what happens? Does his cap hit jump to 8 million since that team is not getting money from Washington? Would Washington start paying Jagr's new team instead of the Rangers?

I thought that Washinton bought out their half of Jagr's contract in the period immediately following the lockout.

Some interesting news from Spector today:

"Peter Forsberg's agent Don Baizley was at the Bell Centre today, prior to tonight's Habs-Trashers game. The only player he represents in the two teams is Saku Koivu. Reporters are wondering if this is related to Koivu or to potential negociation with Forsberg."

This must have something to do with Koivu. He wouldn't come to the Bell Centre to negotiate about Forseberg, that would be done over the phone.

Very interesting.

just hear maguire on team 990 saying that not only was there 3 members from vancouver attending the game but it was the assistant gm!! so there's more to it than I expected.

If he was there to talk about Koivu, that's not a good thing. Koivu is already locked up through next season, so there's no reason to be discussing a new contract. That implies to me that Koivu is unhappy about something.

Agents don't just go to hockey games for the hell of it? Sheesh!!!

It could be that they where wondering what the hell was happenning with the Habs.

GM:How come they are doing so well? Go check it out for us.

Scout : [2 days later] Sorry, thanks for the trip, Montreal is great in the Fall and all but I have absolutely nothing to say on this one. HockeyNews was right not a playoff team. They must have just got lucky. We can go back to ignoring them.

That package won't get you anything now.

Halak's value isn't on the rise with his terrible AHL performance. Ryder's value isn't looking good with with 2 goals in 11 games (and his goal scoring aspect is supposed to be his forte).

Grabovski might have some value but it's not going to fetch you anything worthwhile.

Package quantity won't always get you quality especially when a those players aren't playing at their best. The only possible scenarios for these guys are team who are giving up on the season and want to unload expensive contracts but even at that point, what would be the point of getting Ryder who's becoming a UFA?

That package won't get you anything now.

Halak's value isn't on the rise with his terrible AHL performance. Ryder's value isn't looking good with with 2 goals in 11 games (and his goal scoring aspect is supposed to be his forte).

Grabovski might have some value but it's not going to fetch you anything worthwhile.

Package quantity won't always get you quality especially when a those players aren't playing at their best. The only possible scenarios for these guys are team who are giving up on the season and want to unload expensive contracts but even at that point, what would be the point of getting Ryder who's becoming a UFA?

I think we could get a decent player. This same question was tossed up at hfboards.com (where there like thousands of league-wide members) and the replies from fans from other teams was pretty positive. A coyotes fan said he'd offer up shane doan for it. Now, I know that fans arent the GM's, but I still think that GM's can see something in that package -

Ryder - Is a proven and capable 30 goal scorer on a team that suffers with offence. He could be like Cheechoo possibly if playing with a guy like Thornton.

Halak - Showed brilliance when called up last year. Excellent stats, however with only like 11 games played. Probably seen as a pretty good prospect who has a #1 goalie potential.

2nd - welll, its a second round pick.

I can see this package getting us something decent in return, if we trade with the right partner.

It's a good thing the posters aren't running the team. If a youngster struggles a bit everyone wants to trade them. BG is not going to be moving the talented youth, struggling or not. Only if the Habs have a shot at the cup will he pull the trigger. He finally has good talent and depth, why get rid of it?

Ryder, Huet and a lesser D amn are probaly the only people he is willing to move who have any trade value.

From Spector:

"Yvon Pedneault confirmed before the game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Philadelphia Flyers that Jaroslav Halak asked to be trade. He also mentioned that if Halak is not trade he might go to the Russian Super League and earn approximatively 1 millions to end the year in Russia".

Looks like Halak really did ask to be traded. Too bad.

From Spector:

"Yvon Pedneault confirmed before the game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Philadelphia Flyers that Jaroslav Halak asked to be trade. He also mentioned that if Halak is not trade he might go to the Russian Super League and earn approximatively 1 millions to end the year in Russia".

Looks like Halak really did ask to be traded. Too bad.

And Gainey better stop losing talent for nothing. Trade him for a pick and you will find teams to trade. Trying to get another teams best players for him is just fantasy GM hockey.

And Gainey better stop losing talent for nothing. Trade him for a pick and you will find teams to trade. Trying to get another teams best players for him is just fantasy GM hockey.

They don't lose him and his rights can still be traded. Wait for the right deal...no sense in trading him for a pick cause all you do is help another team (and allow other players to try to take advantage of similar situations on the team) . Teach the kid a lesson. Perezhogin made the same mstake and he would probably be playing with Kovalev since nobody else can play on the 2nd line.

Edited by Mr. Nasty