Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I could see something like Marleau and Bernier but I doubt Gainey ever trades Koivu unless he asks for it.

Pure speculation; but I wouldn't doubt that he has quietly requested it (although this would never be released to the media). There have been Sharks rumours for months so this is quite possible. I love Koivu but it may be time to see a new leadership change.

Pure speculation; but I wouldn't doubt that he has quietly requested it (although this would never be released to the media). There have been Sharks rumours for months so this is quite possible. I love Koivu but it may be time to see a new leadership change.

I don't disagree. I also think it's very possible he's already suggested it to Gainey.

i dont think trading for Marleau is going to make this team better, unless we give up pretty much nothing for him, but i cant see SJ going for that. I dont think Koivu for marleau would be a good idea.

Ryder for marleau i would do, marleau only as 5 goal this year and ryder as not had a good start, so it might work with rydr being a proven 25-30 goal man, and i dont think he wants to come back next year with the way he gets treat by the fans and media. so ryder and a pick for marleau......

p.s if we make a trade with SJ we better get ryan clowe, come on xmas

Edited by KEEP26

Can someone tell me this:

Where did Bobby Mac ever spill this rumor? I've heard it on Mike Boone and apparently on RDS. But watching TSN, and looking on TSN.ca, Bobby Mac hasn't said a thing.

I call BS.

Where did Bobby Mac ever spill this rumor? I've heard it on Mike Boone and apparently on RDS. But watching TSN, and looking on TSN.ca, Bobby Mac hasn't said a thing.

I call BS.

on team990 morning show.

I call BS.

on team990 morning show.

OWNAGE!!

Is there smoke without fire? We're hearing "Marleau to Montreal" rumors since las July...

But Bob is normally very secretive about trades (and everything else!)... Last spring when he seriously attempted to trade for Patrice Bergeron, the rumor gurus said nothing about it...

Please, Please, Please....let this happen.

this is just the Shake up this team needs. I love Koivu but lets face it we are not going to win a cup with him as our Number 1 centre

Next up is Huet for a top two Defender....

The Marleau rumour is total crap. McKenzie never said anything like that on Team 990 and Mike Boone never reported anything either. Spector picked up on it but he never checked if the 2 sources actually said it.

Gainey will do something but it won't be Marleau and probably not SJ.

The Marleau rumour is total crap. McKenzie never said anything like that on Team 990 and Mike Boone never reported anything either. Spector picked up on it but he never checked if the 2 sources actually said it.

........and hopefully not Koivu. I won't deny we need a ball buster trade. I hope something is in the works, but this team will not win a Cup without our Captain. I hope the trade is true and that the names we are hearing are wrong. I would rather be side swiped with Pleks or chips or Kosty being involved. I hate these rumours.

........and hopefully not Koivu. I won't deny we need a ball buster trade. I hope something is in the works, but this team will not win a Cup without our Captain. I hope the trade is true and that the names we are hearing are wrong. I would rather be side swiped with Pleks or chips or Kosty being involved. I hate these rumours.

It's just false internet chatter with bogus sources. If a deal of this magnitude was actually on the verge of happening you'd think McKenzie would make a point of actually talking about it on TSN during a habs's broadcast. He didn't say a word because he never said it on Team 990. I listen to it most of the day at work and it never happened. And Boone never reported it either.

With one more year on Saku's contract it's possible he may eventually get traded but before that happens I have to think Gainey will trade for a frontline RW to play with him first.

Mike Boone did report it in last night's gameday blog thread on Habs Inside/Out, but he has since deleted it from his blog.

If you look at the first comments on that thread, they all refer to the rumor, because it was indeed reported up there.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/node/1635?page=9

But it is noteworthy that Boone has removed it.

Mike Boone did report it in last night's gameday blog thread on Habs Inside/Out, but he has since deleted it from his blog.

If you look at the first comments on that thread, they all refer to the rumor, because it was indeed reported up there.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/node/1635?page=9

But it is noteworthy that Boone has removed it.

I check HabsInsideOut a few times a day and all I ever saw was a respone by Boone to a poster's "Imagine if you were Doug Wilson... would you.." trade idea. I never saw Boone reporting that McKenzie stated a specific rumour anywhere and McKenzie himself never detailed any trade rumours during his Team 990 segment. The most important fact is that McKenzie had a glorious opportunity to speak about the rumour on national TV, during a Habs game to boot and said nadda.

I think that says everything about the rumour he supposedly discussed ;)

I check HabsInsideOut a few times a day and all I ever saw was a respone by Boone to a poster's "Imagine if you were Doug Wilson... would you.." trade idea. I never saw Boone reporting that McKenzie stated a specific rumour anywhere and McKenzie himself never detailed any trade rumours during his Team 990 segment. The most important fact is that McKenzie had a glorious opportunity to speak about the rumour on national TV, during a Habs game to boot and said nadda.

I think that says everything about the rumour he supposedly discussed ;)

I agree with your view on McKenzie, he had a couple of forums to talk about such a rumor and he didn't. Boone did have it up there, I read it myself. It's gone now. I don't know when he removed it, but Spector posted his thoughts/refernced it very quickly after (within an hour, I believe). Spector only talked about it because Boone had it up, and he referenced Mackenzie.

They also discussed and dissected the rumor on RDS.

I don't know where it came from, or how Mackenzie got attributed to it (likely to add validity), but it was definitely out there and talked about by legit media credentialed people. It wasn't just an internet rumor.

Maybe There is truth here. It could be possible that San Jose has asked for Saku and Gainey is considering it. He might have even approached Sak's to ask if he would want to go and waive the NTC. Because of the sensitive circumstances Gainey's people might have gone to Boone, Mckenzie, and other media and asked them to be silent about what they know until Saku decides.

It seems like some important inside people have heard something. I believe it.

I can't see anything happening until after Christmas anyway. Who knows.....Gainey may have approached Saks to think about this over the next few weeks and have an answer first thing 2008.

I guess I'll be hitting this website like crazy looking for the black box stating BREAKING NEWS........I'm kind of worried actually.

I must say after reading other websites I'm much more into the Kovalev for Marleau rumours. The other thing to consider if Saks was to be traded, where exactly would we get our veteran leadership come play-off time. Every team needs a hardcore veteran which we would be lacking bigtime if we traded him away.

It's true that leaks from Gainey's office are very very rare. Many times we dismiss rumours becasue of this. BUT, Gainey can't control leaks coming out of Brian Burkes' or Doug Wilsons office or any other GM 's office for that matter. Because of this it's fair to say that leaks can and will happen occasionally.

I tend to (and sadly) believe the talk is Saku. The language stuff and everything else that has happened makes me wonder when and if this is the last straw to fall on the camel's back called "Koivu".

:(

It's true that leaks from Gainey's office are very very rare. Many times we dismiss rumours becasue of this. BUT, Gainey can't control leaks coming out of Brian Burkes' or Doug Wilsons office or any other GM 's office for that matter. Because of this it's fair to say that leaks can and will happen occasionally.

I tend to (and sadly) believe the talk is Saku. The language stuff and everything else that has happened makes me wonder when and if this is the last straw to fall on the camel's back called "Koivu".

:(

Well, it is easy to take this stuff with a grain of salt. The media was reporting that Ferguson tried to fire Maurice and that Ferguson was going to be fired if the Leafs lost to the Canadiens and 2 weeks later the Leafs are 5-1 since these proclamations.

This is the media's job. They know that we will get a hold of this stuff and run with it. I will believe it when I see it I guess.

St Louis can use a goalie, knee surgery ending the season. I doubt they will go for toivanon all year. 14 goals against the last 2 games. Huet can go there for a first rounder. Know one very interesting on that team who they would trade.

I must say after reading other websites I'm much more into the Kovalev for Marleau rumours. The other thing to consider if Saks was to be traded, where exactly would we get our veteran leadership come play-off time. Every team needs a hardcore veteran which we would be lacking bigtime if we traded him away.

Saku has led us where in the playoffs? I'd try someone else.

St Louis can use a goalie, knee surgery ending the season. I doubt they will go for toivanon all year. 14 goals against the last 2 games. Huet can go there for a first rounder. Know one very interesting on that team who they would trade.

It's a situation to keep an eye on, but for now, Legace is going to play through the pain and schedule off-season surgery. So no, right now, they don't need a goalie:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...1B?OpenDocument

Talking informally Tuesday about how good he feels, Legace said he’s not worried about remaining healthy the rest of the season but added he’ll have postseason surgery to put a “plug” in his right knee. That’s the same knee on which Legace had arthroscopic surgery last spring to repair cartilage.

“I have a defect in my bone and my cartilage,” Legace said. “We knew about (the defect) before we went into the surgery last year ... the consensus was that it wasn’t big enough that the plug was necessary.”

Another option was a “micro-fracture” surgery, but Legace said the cartilage wasn’t worn down enough to warrant that type of procedure.