Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Yes, but most fans and media people are idiots and won't know that right away...

you mix two issues there.

Huet, Streit and Aebischer didn't fool anyone.

but Matthew Lombardi would.

It's not the language. it's the "homeboy"

It happens that "homeboys" from Qc mostly speak french... but any "anglo homeboy" would be as welcomed as a french speaking homeboy.

Look at the Smyth phenomenon in Edmonton

you mix two issues there.

Huet, Streit and Aebischer didn't fool anyone.

but Matthew Lombardi would.

It's not the language. it's the "homeboy"

It happens that "homeboys" from Qc mostly speak french... but any "anglo homeboy" would be as welcomed as a french speaking homeboy.

Look at the Smyth phenomenon in Edmonton

I agree that a "home town" kid would get the bias thrown on them...but it's almost impossible to deny that a french speaking player gets a better deal from the fans and media. It's nothing new and almost impossible to argue.

So to simply surmise that the run of the mill fan, and idiot media types, who is not aware that Marleau doesn't actually speak French will assume he does and "love" the deal that would involve trading a non-french guy for a perceived french guy.

I agree that a "home town" kid would get the bias thrown on them...but it's almost impossible to deny that a french speaking player gets a better deal from the fans and media. It's nothing new and almost impossible to argue.

So to simply surmise that the run of the mill fan, and idiot media types, who is not aware that Marleau doesn't actually speak French will assume he does and "love" the deal that would involve trading a non-french guy for a perceived french guy.

I wouldn't say that Brisebois, Streit or Huet are getting that. They all speak french.

Begin and Bouillon are, but they work extremely hard.

Lapierre is getting hay from everyone because he didn't fight and is not being a pest...

I wouldn't say that Brisebois, Streit or Huet are getting that. They all speak french.

Lapierre is getting hay from everyone because he didn't fight and is not being a pest...

It's really about winning. The only time french fans and media get worked up is when the team is losing . If the Habs were 30-0-0 right now and the roster was full of pakistani players you wouldn't hear a peep. That might be a little extreme but it sums up the french thought process as far as the beloved Montreal Canadiens go. It would be funny to hear the Habs announcer call the three stars at the end of the night. Said in a french accent " Ladies and genlemen this evenings terd star Sonjee Papinder." and the crowd breaks into Ole!

Lose? Geez they start calling for mandatory french lessons and instant trade for anyone as long as the last name sounds french. Quite silly actually.

Well, I'm talking about people justifying a trade...not about veterans and their performance. There is a difference between how people justify an acquisition(draft, trade, etc) vs. how people analyse performance. Is it any surprise that Bernier's name is being included now?? It might not even be valid a simple French media fabrication as they want to acquire another francophone. To deny this stuff happens in the minds of many french media members and many fans is simply to deny reality. But this is getting way off topic for a rumour thread...

Koivu is worth less then Marleau on skill alone.

Ryder is worth more then Bernier at this point in their careers.

Why throw in a prospect? I could see throwing in a prospect that will not get a shot with the Habs...but anything more would be overpaying IMHO.

I think the Kovalev for Marleau deal would work well for both teams. I'd rather debate the merits of the rumours based on the quality of the alleged deals.

Well, I'm talking about people justifying a trade...not about veterans and their performance. There is a difference between how people justify an acquisition(draft, trade, etc) vs. how people analyse performance. Is it any surprise that Bernier's name is being included now?? It might not even be valid a simple French media fabrication as they want to acquire another francophone. To deny this stuff happens in the minds of many french media members and many fans is simply to deny reality. But this is getting way off topic for a rumour thread...

Why throw in a prospect? I could see throwing in a prospect that will not get a shot with the Habs...but anything more would be overpaying IMHO.

I think the Kovalev for Marleau deal would work well for both teams. I'd rather debate the merits of the rumours based on the quality of the alleged deals.

Kovalev for Marleau IMO is changing the problem...

we end up with our wings being depleted.

Koivu (or any center) for Marleau is a good step in the right direction.

we finally have a big #1 center.

Kovalev for Marleau IMO is changing the problem...

we end up with our wings being depleted.

Koivu (or any centre) for Marleau is a good step in the right direction.

we finally have a big #1 centre.

or a big no 2...

I disagree that Ryder is worth more than Bernier, especially at this point in their careers. Ryder is a UFA next season, and will probably want at least what he's earning this year (though if his current trend continues, he won't get it). Also, he's 27, so you can't expect quite as much future improvement from him, he's already supposedly in his prime. Bernier is 22, an RFA who'll likely make less than 2 mil next year, and he's bigger. He's got more potential for less money. I doubt San Jose would want to part with him for the likes of Michael Ryder, who may not even resign.

The latest Eklund rumors are quite impressive for the out of left feild ranks.

http://v4.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11823

For those who won't go there...... This is the gist of it.

""Ducks Trade Watch.....The Friday Edition

Yes, here we go again....

leading candidates. Montreal, NJ, NYI, Bruins

The rumour flying around last night was Koivu, Halak, and Prospect for Perry and Schneider. Then Teemu could return, to play with Saku and that could be fuunnu...Perry is EXTREMELY sought afte by the Habs who tried to get him at last year's deadline for Souray.

It is also highly possible that the Sharks deal that has been on again and off again may get a kick in the pants today due to these talks with Anaheim""

As always....Take it for what it is.

Edited by Habitforming

from ESPN.com Insider page. I only managed to get the first few lines as I'm not a member at ESPN.com

Help In Net For Pens?

While Marc-Andre Fleury is out with an ankle sprain, the Penguins are looking for more options. And with Montreal's wealth in net, Cristobal Huet could be on Pittsburgh's list.

from ESPN.com Insider page. I only managed to get the first few lines as I'm not a member at ESPN.com

The Ottawa Sun reports the Canadiens are willing to trade G Cristobal Huet and suggests Pittsburgh might be a destination with G Marc-Andre Fleury out about two months with a high ankle sprain. Huet can become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

If it is the Ottawa Sun it is most likely Garrioch. He posts nonsensical trades almost daily.

The Ottawa Sun reports the Canadiens are willing to trade G Cristobal Huet and suggests Pittsburgh might be a destination with G Marc-Andre Fleury out about two months with a high ankle sprain. Huet can become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

If it is the Ottawa Sun it is most likely Garrioch. He posts nonsensical trades almost daily.

Yeah, i was afraid that it might come from Ottawa. Ottawa is rumour central!

The latest Eklund rumors are quite impressive for the out of left feild ranks.

http://v4.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11823

For those who won't go there...... This is the gist of it.

""Ducks Trade Watch.....The Friday Edition

Yes, here we go again....

leading candidates. Montreal, NJ, NYI, Bruins

The rumour flying around last night was Koivu, Halak, and Prospect for Perry and Schneider. Then Teemu could return, to play with Saku and that could be fuunnu...Perry is EXTREMELY sought afte by the Habs who tried to get him at last year's deadline for Souray.

It is also highly possible that the Sharks deal that has been on again and off again may get a kick in the pants today due to these talks with Anaheim""

As always....Take it for what it is.

i would love to see perry playing for us...sucks we would have to take schneider, but to bring perry in, i would do it in a heart beat. please let this one be real.

Perry is a RW.

who plays C at Koivu's place?

Perry can play Centre if need be, but I don't think he would be the number one centre we need.

This doesn't sound anything like a BG trade. I'm calling BS on this one bigtime

He's tried to play centre a few times. I think it's his complete lack of an ability to win faceoffs.

yup, that's one reason. the other being, he's WAY better as a winger than as a center (just like e.g. Corey Locke)

he can use his speed more efficiently.

i love to see Chipchura playing there, at least till we find someone else.

Chip on the 4th line is scoring as much as Ryder... I've always said (quietly) that his offensive touch is underestimated.

So that would get Koivu and Selanne together and not in Montreal ......Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Well at least you know the cup would not be coming to Montreal.

nah, Eklund meant that Saku's trade to ANA could convince Teemu to play with him in ANA.