Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

If you guys wanna read about a semi-rumour, check out this article by Jack Todd of the Gazette!

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/colu...8c-ff5d96594e3d

INteresting stuff!

It is not going to happen.

That is equivalent to somebody writing that Carey Price will sign as an RFA with the Leafs in 3 years.

What would your first response be? We will match the offer.

If they ever get their fingers on Ovechkin it will either be

A. For so many players that it guts the team

B. When he becomes a UFA in 4 more years.

Pipedream

Edited by Wamsley01

Jack Todd doesn't have any inside information, he's just pointing out that Ovechkin's more likely to sign here than the other stars we dream about because he may actually want to play in Montreal.

It is not going to happen.

That is equivalent to somebody writing that Carey Price will sign as an RFA with the Leafs in 3 years.

What would your first response be? We will match the offer.

If they ever get their fingers on Ovechkin it will either be

A. For so many players that it guts the team

B. When he becomes a UFA in 4 more years.

Pipedream

IF the Sabres were able and willing to match the 7/49 deal to Vanek.

The Caps, who once offered Jagr something like a 7/77 deal, will most likely match it. Even if it's the max for 20 years they will most likely match it.

However, as a UFA, that's a whole other game... but it's what? in 3 years from now?

Wow, in 3 years

Ovechkin Pleks S Tit

Higgins Grabs A Tit

Laps Chips Tender

Pacioretty Locke D'Agostino

{Milroy Maxwell)

Markov Komo

O'Byrne Gorges

Streit Valentenko

(McDonagh Fisher)

Price

Halak

That would work I think, if all the above mentioned players develop. Could it happen? Who knows but it looks good on paper. I know some will say Locke is a bust. I got the same last year when I dared saying Chips would one day make it.Not as sure on Grabs, but his name works well on a line with either brother!

As a post note. I would rather sign a big name agent that wants to be here than trade for an expensive player thjat doesn't.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I would like Lecavlier over Ovenchkin, because that would mean Lecavlier would consider himself badass enough and so driven to achieve eternal hockey Montreal glory within the realm of Richard/Roy/Lafleur. It would be his choice to confront and conquer Montreal, and he would be ready to go go balls out to achieve that glory. Ovechkin would obviously be knowing what he would be getting himself into also, but would be doing it more to hang out with his Russian buddies than achieving an immortal place in the Montreal hockey pantheon he grew up in.

I would like Lecavlier over Ovenchkin, because that would mean Lecavlier would consider himself badass enough and so driven to achieve eternal hockey Montreal glory within the realm of Richard/Roy/Lafleur. It would be his choice to confront and conquer Montreal, and he would be ready to go go balls out to achieve that glory. Ovechkin would obviously be knowing what he would be getting himself into also, but would be doing it more to hang out with his Russian buddies than achieving an immortal place in the Montreal hockey pantheon he grew up in.

Just as an aside, everyone take a moment to picture that literally.

"Excuse me, Lecavalier. Are you prepared to face the hockey hot bed that is Montreal?"

"Well, as you can clearly see...my balls are out."

"Question withdrawn. Sorry to have doubted you."

I know some will say Locke is a bust. I got the same last year when I dared saying Chips would one day make it.

Dared? That's a stretch. Everyone thought Chipchura would make it. Literally from the day he was drafted in the first round he was referred to as a potential future captain. He's always been considered one of the 10 best prospects in the organization. You correctly suggesting that he would make the team in no way lends credibility to the Locke suggestion. Locke has always been considered a long shot because he's small and doesn't skate well. He was drafted late despite monster years in the OHL because his skill weren't seen as tranferable. He's never even cracked our top-20 prospects on hockeysfuture.com. Now, if you turn out to be right about Locke, THEN you'll have credibility for your next wild prediction.

Dared? That's a stretch. Everyone thought Chipchura would make it. Literally from the day he was drafted in the first round he was referred to as a potential future captain. He's always been considered one of the 10 best prospects in the organization. You correctly suggesting that he would make the team in no way lends credibility to the Locke suggestion. Locke has always been considered a long shot because he's small and doesn't skate well. He was drafted late despite monster years in the OHL because his skill weren't seen as tranferable. He's never even cracked our top-20 prospects on hockeysfuture.com. Now, if you turn out to be right about Locke, THEN you'll have credibility for your next wild prediction.

Sorry I don't have time to search the thread for you but I was laughed at for suggesting him on this team this soon.

Oh, ANd just for the record I predicted the Habs by 3 over the Caps.

Beat that !

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Sorry I don't have time to search the thread for you but I was laughed at for suggesting him on this team this soon.

Beat that !

Making the team this soon was a bit of a surprise. I'll give you credit if you made that call. I was just commenting on the fact that you said you were laughed at for sayng that he would one day make it. Everyone thought he would make it at some point.

Tom reed of the Columbus Dispatch is reporting the Habs are interested in Fedorov.... :wacko:

This is according to Russian sources so lets not lppk to far into this.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/

Yeah, and I am interseted in '69 Imperials and Loni Anderson, doesn't mean much, other than they are not at all desirable anymore. Just like Fedorov.

Wow, in 3 years

Ovechkin Pleks S Tit

Higgins Grabs A Tit

Laps Chips Tender

Pacioretty Locke D'Agostino

{Milroy Maxwell)

Markov Komo

O'Byrne Gorges

Streit Valentenko

(McDonagh Fisher)

Price

Halak

That would work I think, if all the above mentioned players develop. Could it happen? Who knows but it looks good on paper. I know some will say Locke is a bust. I got the same last year when I dared saying Chips would one day make it.Not as sure on Grabs, but his name works well on a line with either brother!

As a post note. I would rather sign a big name agent that wants to be here than trade for an expensive player thjat doesn't.

:puke:

No offence but I'd be very disappointed if that was our roster in a couple of years. They would be a playoff bubble team and their weakness at C would be twice as large as ours is now. I think we all need to forget about Grabovski - he is not an NHL calibre player (aside for a fourthliner on a run and gun team)

Beat that !

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Bobby who said that. But he just liked to say the opposite of what everyone else was saying, the majority of people had high expectations for Chipchura as a third line centre and possible captain down the road.

Ovechkin would obviously be knowing what he would be getting himself into also, but would be doing it more to hang out with his Russian buddies than achieving an immortal place in the Montreal hockey pantheon he grew up in.

Not so sure about that. It's a known fact that Ovechkin comes to montreal a few times a year(by himself) for shopping, to see markov and other reasons. Apparently he really likes the city. He would very well know what he would be getting himself into (media wise) if he were ever to come here.

But we all know that Ovechkin In Montreal is not likely to happen. But hey, we can dream!

Not to beat a dead horse even more, but did you guys hear about the two hour player only meeting the Sharks had the other day?

team Captain Marleau left well before the meeting was over....there's leadership for ya.

I wonder if that means he is finally on the outs, not that he is coming here.

'Mark Emmons reports the Sharks had a two-hour closed door meeting without the coaches rather than a practice on Friday, where it's believed they discussed their overall unhappiness regarding their inconsistency and lack of competitive fire this season. Players such as Mike Grier and Evgeny Nabokov insist any changes were related to attitude and not the roster. Team captain Patrick Marleau left the meeting and declined to comment."

From SPECTATORS

My take it either

A) the no comment was because it was a team only meeting, and between the team.

2) they were calling Marleau out about his own play

c) No where it says he left early.....just that they asked for his comments when he did leave