Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

'Mark Emmons reports the Sharks had a two-hour closed door meeting without the coaches rather than a practice on Friday, where it's believed they discussed their overall unhappiness regarding their inconsistency and lack of competitive fire this season. Players such as Mike Grier and Evgeny Nabokov insist any changes were related to attitude and not the roster. Team captain Patrick Marleau left the meeting and declined to comment."

From SPECTATORS

My take it either

A) the no comment was because it was a team only meeting, and between the team.

2) they were calling Marleau out about his own play

c) No where it says he left early.....just that they asked for his comments when he did leave

Spectors wasn't my source for the info but thanks for misquoting me like I had used that article as a reference..

Spectors wasn't my source for the info but thanks for misquoting me like I had used that article as a reference..

I didn't misquote you(in fact I never mentioned you) .I just added the info from the article I found (at least I put a reference in.... :rolleyes: ) Had I quoted you it would have looked like this post..........

Where did you hear he left early?

And WOW, everyone in here's in such a festive mood..............:mellow:

We can speculate during the break...

Ryder is gonna eat turkey.

Saku won't eat swedish meat balls.

:lol:

My money's on Kovy, with the coleslaw, in the dining room.

According to HF, Rutherford is offering Andrew Ladd for Ryder. Makes sense considering Williams is gone and Rutherford is a short-term thinker (Jack Johnson for Gleason and Tverdovsky).

Ladd will never hit his 4th overall potential but he can finish off our big third line of Ladd-Chipchura-Latendresse. Considering the top two lines are already set, I think that would really help our team. The fourth line would include some combination of Streit, Dandenault, Kostopoulos, Lapierre, Begin and Smolinski.

It seems like Andrew Ladd would be decent return for Ryder, but I wonder if that's the best deal we can get for him, or him in a package of other players.

If that is offered on the 27th I would pull the trigger without heasitation.

Ladd is a big strong forward who can fight and has offensive potential.

Yeah after reading about him more I've come to agree. The thing is Carolina might want more for him seeing that Ryder's a UFA and slumping so bad. Carolina needs an offensive defenseman. Would you throw Streit in as well?

So would I. Ladd hasn'T done much in the NHL, but he just turned 22 and he's a big boy. It's better than gettin' a bag of pucks for Ryder!

IF (note the BIG IF) Montreal lands Ladd, I'd preach patience before even thinking of moving him. Ladd is a big fella and hopefully that untapped potential is still in him.

Wouldn't be the first time the Canes give up on a prospect (Jack Johnson).

Cheryl Ladd? Didn,t know she was one of their cheerleaders. Always thought that was the one thing they had over us though, the girls. We should hold out for a younger one though...

Honestly though, Ladd for Ryder has all the potential of biting our buts like Ribs if he came back to form in our conference. Send him west, for a 1st this year or next, then I will feel safe. Okay 2nd and a prospect, sold. Hate to see him get 15 down the stretch in Caneland. Especially if Ladd is of no help.

Most of all, I'd like the newf to lift the moratorium on hittin the net with the puck. Christ I wish he would get it back on track. His production would have changed the outcome of a few already.

Honestly though, Ladd for Ryder has all the potential of biting our buts like Ribs if he came back to form in our conference. Send him west, for a 1st this year or next, then I will feel safe. Okay 2nd and a prospect, sold. Hate to see him get 15 down the stretch in Caneland. Especially if Ladd is of no help.

why would a team trade a prospect for an underacheiving future ufa ??

only the canes could be so stupid...with TO and boston

why would a team trade a prospect for an underacheiving future ufa ??

only the canes could be so stupid...with TO and boston

Ladd is hardly a prospect. He is considered a bust, since a 4th overall pick has become a third liner. Obviously, the reason why they would want Ryder is because he has potential and they think he just needs a change of scenery. If anything, struggling players are more targeted by GMs than successful ones are because the underachivine ones are the ones that come at a cheap price (a failed prospect). In this case, Ryder's impending UFA status probably even helps him out because there is little risk involved - if Ryder doesn't work out in Carolina or wherever he goes, their management knows that he will be gone by the end of the year and his contract will be wiped off the books.

We should get the best possible return for him regardless of where we send him, even if it's in our division (that would have to be a lot though). I have no problem sending him to Carolina. Besides, I think Ribeiro had a lot more potential to increase his scoring than Ryder does now.

He would score more in Carolina anyway, they're more of an offensive team.