Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl071221.html

has anyone posted this? sorry if someone has already, but i just find this a very interesting proposition. He would take up a lot of room under the cap, but would he be worth it?

I love Ovechkin, he is one of my favourite players in the NHL, and if he came to Montreal........ I wold be...... in heaven. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think?

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl071221.html

has anyone posted this? sorry if someone has already, but i just find this a very interesting proposition. He would take up a lot of room under the cap, but would he be worth it?

I love Ovechkin, he is one of my favourite players in the NHL, and if he came to Montreal........ I wold be...... in heaven. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think?

He cant play here becase Komisarek has his number ;)

but seriously I would be in my glory if he signed here he would make the Habs a contender overnight

He cant play here becase Komisarek has his number ;)

but seriously I would be in my glory if he signed here he would make the Habs a contender overnight

Hardly! Consider what it would take to land him. Here's a hint: It starts at Higgins, Komisarek and Kostitsyn. Starts.

I don't think we have enough good depth to be a serious contender. Granted, he'd do much better with the Habs than with Washington.

Hardly! Consider what it would take to land him. Here's a hint: It starts at Higgins, Komisarek and Kostitsyn. Starts.

I don't think we have enough good depth to be a serious contender. Granted, he'd do much better with the Habs than with Washington.

They are talking about signing OV to an offersheet, which only involves draft picks.

Edited by JMMR

Red Fisher, The Gazette - Rangers interested in obtaining Ryder

Red Fisher writes: "My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the New York Rangers, who have been having offensive problems despite acquiring Scott Gomez and Chris Drury during the offseason, are interested. What I know for certain is that they've made inquiries about him".

Any ideas on who we would get for Ryder? or are they thinking about signing him next summer?

For the people obsessesed with getting Montreal an Enforcer, they've got Colten Orr , he is no where close to the skill of Ryder so we would throw someone else in with him?

Well, if Ryder can put up some more points then suddenly I bet we dont want to trade him anymore, on the other hand thats just what he has to do to get some tradevalue. Tough situation.

with him being an impending UFA, I'm sure montreal wants to trade him. I don't think he will help us anymore. the kostitsyns will take his place.

what ever draft pick we can get for him I'll be happy !!

Send them Streit as well. I would even take Larose from Carolina.

Larose is a good player for us but he's a bit of a headcase apparently. A couple of weeks ago he got in an incident after a game.

We should get the best possible return for him regardless of where we send him, even if it's in our division (that would have to be a lot though). I have no problem sending him to Carolina. Besides, I think Ribeiro had a lot more potential to increase his scoring than Ryder does now.

He would score more in Carolina anyway, they're more of an offensive team.

We don't play Carolina again for the rest of the season and Ryder's contract is expiring. What more, we always lose to Carolina anyway. ^_^

Red Fisher, The Gazette - Rangers interested in obtaining Ryder

Red Fisher writes: "My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the New York Rangers, who have been having offensive problems despite acquiring Scott Gomez and Chris Drury during the offseason, are interested. What I know for certain is that they've made inquiries about him".

Yes, and when Red Fisher makes statements like that, you can trust them. He is also a good friend of Glen Sather so he definitely has inside info. Gainey is also a longtime friend of Glen Sather but I don't know what they have to give us for Ryder.

If Ovechkin did want to come here I don't think Komi would have any problem giving up the #8 for him.

Komisarek has the senority (and toughness :) ) to keep his number.

Let Ovechkin pick a new number.

$10M per year is enough of a favor, we don't need to give him everything.

I do see us making an offer to Ovechkin but what would be the max we could spend on him. I mean why would washington let him go, even if we offered him 11 million a year. The best way for us to get him is by trade what do you guys think.

Edited by iamcanadien

I do see us making an offer to Ovechkin but what would be the max we could spend on him. I mean why would washington let him go, even if we offered him 11 million a year. The best way for us to get him is by trade what do you guys think.

did I already mention that Wash's owner is the one who offered Jagr the biggest contract in NHL history?

he would match whatever any team would offer to Ovie.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/10/18/jagr011018.html

This ain't even a rumour. It was born in Jack Todd's mind. It has to be posted here because the last thing we need is a Proposal/Speculative Rumor Thread :lol: Ovechkin might come to Montreal amongst 5 other teams. George Bush might change the constitution and win a 3rd term. It may rain or snow in certain places tomorrow.

It is feasable that Washington will take the draft picks off of a team if this insulting offer he received is a sign of things to come. I can't fathom that they would lowball him. With a player of his calibre, why alienate him? Why take the risk? He's either your star or he isn't. Which is it Leonis?

Ovechkin 'insulted' by Caps' offer - Sportnet's Hockey Hearsay

So, in a nutshell. Ovechkin will likely stay in Washington and it'll rain tomorrow. Having said that, if the link is a true rumour then maybe he might go. I have to believe that Washington offered more.

:blink:

Like AC said, that is not a real rumour. Jack Todd said it would be cool if the Habs got Ovechkin and that they will have a chance to make an RFA offer this summer. He didn't use any inside information or sources though, he was just thinking out loud.

Like AC said, that is not a real rumour. Jack Todd said it would be cool if the Habs got Ovechkin and that they will have a chance to make an RFA offer this summer. He didn't use any inside information or sources though, he was just thinking out loud.

O.k.....so I'm just thinking out loud too. Should Komi change his number to 88 now, or should Ovechkin wear 88? ^_^

O.k.....so I'm just thinking out loud too. Should Komi change his number to 88 now, or should Ovechkin wear 88? ^_^

Komisarek's a big, physical player so the 88 suits him. It's an intimidating number and not just because Lindros wore it.