Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm hoping for a trade with the Blackhawks:

Ryder, Dandenault and (...if necessary) a pick for Tuomo Ruutuu.

That's just what Saku needs.

What happened to Ryder, Halak and a 2nd? ;)

Maybe Streit could be interesting to other teams?

I like Gorges, O'Byrne and everyone must admit that Bouillon plays better this season.

But why would they trade Ruutu for one of them? Like if you were Chicago and had Ruutu...would you trade him for Streit or the guys you listed? Then again I'm talking to Stream...... :wacko:

But why would they trade Ruutu for one of them? Like if you were Chicago and had Ruutu...would you trade him for Streit or the guys you listed? Then again I'm talking to Stream...... :wacko:

Nah, they were talking about PPQB.

There is no way Ruutu is being traded for such players... IMO, he still has a lot of trading value. However, the stats are not there to get them a "Markov-like" return.

May I start a rumour?

Bob Gainey is having an official Press Conference tomorrow morning at 10h30 on RIS.

Will he have something to announce?!

(I'm 90% sure it's just the regular mid-season report)

well if they pull off a trade tomorrow, I'm sure the new hab could be over from the hawks in time for the next game. :)

May I start a rumour?

Bob Gainey is having an official Press Conference tomorrow morning at 10h30 on RIS.

Will he have something to announce?!

Exciting.

Just ask Eklund, I'm sure he has his finger on it......

Gainey will announce the signing of TEEMU!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH SALAMI

Only as an added bonus after unveilling ryder and streit along with danis and lambert going for ovechkin plus a pick :lol:

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I'd even say that I'm 99% sure that it'S just the mid-season report! ;):D

Hopefully we get the audio from habsinsideout today. As for this thread and rumours in general; will BOb pull the trigger in 15 minutes or in 6 weeks time? Chances are (the majority) we won't see it coming and it'll probably catch us all off guard. Does he trade Ryder? Maybe not. Huet? Your guess is as good as mine. There are indicators that at least one will be moved but Gainey might make the same decision with Huet and Ryder as he did with Souray. I know we don't like it but if Price isn't ready by February what do you do? Risk throwing away a season? For the exception of Ottawa and Detroit, this season has hidden Stanley cup league parody written all over it. Under the right conditions more than in other years, more teams than usual could fluke a cup. Conditions are ripe for us to challenge. Trade Huet? :unsure:

Only contending teams acquire a UFA for the playoff run from a selling team. A selling team will not want pending UFA's since they are finished. What's the point of that? The only other type of trade that's possible is a struggling player for another one.

So, Gainey's choices are limited to western playoff bound clubs. He might do an eastern deal but it's highly unlikely. Some fans want Gainey to get a UFA for the run. The only problem with that is the newly acquired player is just that - a UFA. Why sign free agents when you can just keep the ones you already have? Maybe Ryder wakes up in the real season!!! If Gainey somehow managed to get Ryder under contract this summer I could see Gainey also letting Huet's contract run out. Signing Huet is going to be very difficult (and still would be even if Price wasn't around).

The only other good scenario is Gainey gets many picks and flips those picks back to a selling team to pry away one of their good players.

Or Gainey could just get 3 first round picks in 2008 and that would be awesome :D

Any rumours? :P

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Well since Gainey said that he may look for someone that is good on faceoffs if the team can't turn that aspect of the game around...I expect to hear alot of rumours involving experienced centres in the near future.

Some guys that are very good at faceoffs and have spent some time in the rumour mill this year are:

Malholtra

Marleau

Fedorov

Stoll

Armstrong

Did anyone watch the Habs Hawks game on TSN last night and hear Pierre McGuire and Darren Millard talking about the Ovechkin rumors on the internet?

Millard said "The hockey rumors on the internet are made by 13 year olds living in thier parents basement, or by 30 year olds living in thier parents basement"

Gotta think that was a direct shot at Eklund here....McGuire really started laughing when he heard the 30 year old part :clap:

Goofy looking....looks like a horse...yeah...that Guy! ^_^

Gordo might be goofy looking, but I kinda like him as a play-by-play man. He's not too much of a Leafs cheeleader, and he genuinely seems to like coming to do games in Montreal. I find he's one of the more objective guys at TSN.