Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

He is an upgrade over most of the teams 3rd and 4th liners. He is worth Ryder IMO who is sure to leave at the end of the season. He is certainly an upgrade over Smolinski, Dandenault and Begin.

Word is Stoll has finally regained his scoring pace from the past couple seasons. The concussion he got last year made for a slow start to the season. The guy plays 19 mins per game and has also improved his defensive play...and you guys think he is only slighly better than Smolinski?

BTW, where does it say this on the TSN site?

Edited by Mr. Nasty

He is an upgrade over most of the teams 3rd and 4th liners. He is worth Ryder IMO who is sure to leave at the end of the season. He is certainly an upgrade over Smolinski, Dandenault and Begin.

BTW, where does it say this on the TSN site?

Stoll would be a 3rd liner on a elite team.

What could he add to our team? He'd make Lapierre a 4th line C and we'd probably move

Chipchura to LW. Thats only in the short term.

And, why would we do that? Stoll is a 6'1 200lbs C who is righthanded and has gotten 68

points as a 2nd line C. He's a excellent faceoff man who plays a physical game. Here's

something some of you might not know, he was a Hamilton Bulldog and might have played

between Higgins and Ryder. Not sure about who he played with as a Bulldog.

He had a serious concussion and that might be the only reason we have a chance to get him,

if there are talks going on. That and he's not done much this season. Oh, he can also play

point on the PP. :unsure:

Stoll would be a 3rd liner on a elite team.

What could he add to our team? He'd make Lapierre a 4th line C and we'd probably move

Chipchura to LW. Thats only in the short term.

And, why would we do that? Stoll is a 6'1 200lbs C who is righthanded and has gotten 68

points as a 2nd line C. He's a excellent faceoff man who plays a physical game. Here's

something some of you might not know, he was a Hamilton Bulldog and might have played

between Higgins and Ryder. Not sure about who he played with as a Bulldog.

He had a serious concussion and that might be the only reason we have a chance to get him,

if there are talks going on. That and he's not done much this season. Oh, he can also play

point on the PP. :unsure:

I don't know what player we would give up for Stoll. The only one we have (and I assume we'd give someone back because we already have a lot of players) would be Dandenault but I really like what he's been doing this season and besides, Edmonton wouldn't want him. We would have to give a pick and Gainey doesn't like to trade those but who knows. All I really know about Stoll is that he's good at faceoffs, had one good year and has a really good slapshot.

Stoll's fairly expensive at 2.2M a season, but he's a good grinder, I'd say he's miscast as a 2nd line centre - offensively he's really bringing nothing to the table this year which is what has started all the rumours. He'd be a good third line centre, I imagine - in that he plays physical, is good on faceoffs and has some offensive capability. But I'd have to think that the only realistic player the Oilers would want for him would be Ryder. I think it could work, the Oilers have well documented scoring problems and Ryder would be a surefire first/second line winger for them.

But if you step back and take a look, it's dicey. Stoll's contract doesn't expire until after next year, Ryder's a UFA this year. If the Oilers were in playoff contention, I'd say it would be a good deal for both clubs - but since they aren't, they might be looking for prospects for Stoll, and I doubt Montreal would be willing to give up that.

Edited by smon

Apparently before Vokoun was dealt to Florida, Poile offered Vokoun and his first round pick for Bernier and Lombardi shot it down.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080112...1006/CPSPORTS01

:P

you got it wrong. Lombardi is LA's GM (so he's not being traded)

it was Vokoun for Bernier and a 1st (who ended up being Jonathan Blum)

le DG des Kings, Dean Lombardi, s'était vu offrir le gardien Tomas Vokoun des Predators en retour de Jonathan Bernier et de son choix de première ronde en 2007 (le défenseur Jonathan Blum)

:P

you got it wrong. Lombardi is LA's GM (so he's not being traded)

it was Vokoun for Bernier and a 1st (who ended up being Jonathan Blum)

le DG des Kings, Dean Lombardi, s'était vu offrir le gardien Tomas Vokoun des Predators en retour de Jonathan Bernier et de son choix de première ronde en 2007 (le défenseur Jonathan Blum)

No, actually Tony has it right. He said Poile offered Vokoun and his 1st which turned out to be Blum, for Jonathan Bernier and that Lombardi turned it down.

No, actually Tony has it right. He said Poile offered Vokoun and his 1st which turned out to be Blum, for Jonathan Bernier and that Lombardi turned it down.

Half wrong then :P

I read it all the way as the following :

Vokoun and his first round pick for Bernier and Lombardi

LOL

So that part, I misread...

However, as far as the 1st rounder is concerned the article really says in french "en retour de Jonathan Bernier et de son choix de première ronde"

which basically means in context : "offered Jonathan Bernier and his 1st"

So maybe the guy didn't write it properly... or was wrong about the pick (e.g. he meant to check LA's pick but checked Nashville's instead)

Half wrong then :P

I read it all the way as the following :

Vokoun and his first round pick for Bernier and Lombardi

LOL

So that part, I misread...

However, as far as the 1st rounder is concerned the article really says in french "en retour de Jonathan Bernier et de son choix de première ronde"

which basically means in context : "offered Jonathan Bernier and his 1st"

So maybe the guy didn't write it properly... or was wrong about the pick (e.g. he meant to check LA's pick but checked Nashville's instead)

Alrighty then. ;)