Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ryder's brother fled the Flames farm team to never return which I'm sure pssed of Flames Brass. why the hell would they want Michael??

for the same reason Anaheim wanted Doug Weight

ok, why would montreal be stuck with a 5.25M contract. tanguay is good but he's way overpaid.

ok, why would montreal be stuck with a 5.25M contract. tanguay is good but he's way overpaid.

Tanguay was tied for 25th in scoring last year, with 81pts including 22 goals in 81 games.

Tanguay is +144 in his career, he might just add some even strenght goals to this team.

A player like that at 5.25M per year, thats about the going rate.

And, as someone pointed out, he'd be replacing Ryder, thats a huge upgrade.

Bulis the Habbie or Wamsley01. HAHA!!!! Bob Mckenzie beats his wife when the habs lose. :lol: .

I don't know, I like Tanguay but 5 mil? Isn't there another option out there for us. Something a little more YES, THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

:ninja:

haha, no, I don't think Bob MacKenzie is a member of these boards. On HFboards, his account name is simply bobmackenzie - he would probably reveal himself openly on these boards too.

There were rumours about Hamrlik and Smolinski.

I agree about the French factor. Damn, it would make a lot of people happy to have Tanguay here. And 5 million isn't really that much, if we were getting Tanguay off the free agent market we'd pay him at least that. Our lines would look good with him here:

Tanguay Koivu Higgins

A Kost Plekanec Kovalev

S Kost Lapierre Latendresse

Dandenault Smolinski Begin

(Kostopolous)

Now that actually looks like we have two Number 1 lines, instead of having two second lines. Carbo might send S Kost down if he thinks we need more grit though.

Those look good but I think I would probably use Tanguay as a C. Imagine:

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Tanguay-Lapierre

Begin-Smolinski-Dandenault

Lapierre can be subbed with Dandy or Smoke and Begin can be subbed for Kostopoulos. That would make us very deep at centre while keeping our depth on the wings just as deep (Lapierre replaces Ryder).

If Tanguay can really play C then that changes the equation considerably - he would go from a good acquisition to an extremely wise one. Go Bob go!

(As if).

What do you mean, if he can play C? As far as I know, centre is his natural position and that he's better there than at LW.

Those look good but I think I would probably use Tanguay as a C. Imagine:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Tanguay-Lapierre

You'd put a 1st line talent on the 3rd line?

From TSN.ca

Both the Atlanta Journal Constitution and TSN's own Bob McKenzie continue to discuss the increasing likelihood of Marian Hossa being available for trade from the Atlanta Thrashers. Some contenders that might be inclined to deal for a premier scoring winger? How about Detroit, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Vancouver, Dallas, San Jose and possibly even Ottawa for starters.
Edited by les_glorieux

This guy is overated and a cancer in the locker room.

Like our best player, Kovalev?

Anyways, this deal won't happen, I got my hopes up for nothing. Damn deals never happening.

(yes, I'm using reverse psychology to trick deals into happening)

Where did you hear Tanguay is a locker room cancer? I'd love to get him for Ryder. And like BTH says I'd put him at centre too. I'd make one switch to the lines BTH suggested though - I'd put Koivu between Latendresse and Lapierre instead. Tanguay is too much of a point producer to put him on a "3rd" line.

Higgins-Tanguay-Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Koivu-Lapierre

I'd love to see THAT.

Where did you hear Tanguay is a locker room cancer? I'd love to get him for Ryder. And like BTH says I'd put him at centre too. I'd make one switch to the lines BTH suggested though - I'd put Koivu between Latendresse and Lapierre instead. Tanguay is too much of a point producer to put him on a "3rd" line.

Higgins-Tanguay-Kostitsyn

Latendresse-Koivu-Lapierre

I'd love to see THAT.

I wouldn't want Koivu outside of the top six, the bottom two lines are more checking and defensive, and that is definitely not a strong suit of his game.

If the case is that the Flames actually want Ryder for Tanguay but need some sort of package with him, I'd be willing to give:

3rd rounder (maybe a 2nd, but Bob wouldn't want to)

any two or maybe three of the following prospects:

Maxwell

Grabovski

Locke

White

or guys ranked lower

Thing is none of these guys are too valuable to us, so they'd want someone ranked higher, like Fischer maybe.

Where is it written that the bottom 2 lines *have* to be defensive/checking? Three offensive lines - let the other teams worry about checking US for a change. Buffalo last year had 3 offensive lines (nearly 4)... it *can* be done.

Approach this post with extreme caution. I saw another poster on another board claim that they heard Pierre McGuire say that Tanguay has agreed to waive his NTC and something is in the works. No mention of names or teams. Once again, take it for what it's worth since it's 2nd hand info.

But, with all the gags out there, how many people would risk redemption on a board unless they actually heard it?

Don't shoot the (me) questionable messenger please. This is a rumour thread after all. This post is meant to serve as a heads up to keep an eye out on the rumour mill over the next day to see if this is true.

We'll find out more on this rumour by tomorrow I'm sure

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Approach this post with extreme caution. I saw another poster on another board claim that they heard Pierre McGuire say that Tanguay has agreed to waive his NTC and something is in the works. No mention of names or teams. Once again, take it for what it's worth since it's 2nd hand info.

But, with all the gags out there, how many people would risk redemption on a board unless they actually heard it?

Don't shoot the (me) questionable messenger please. This is a rumour thread after all. This post is meant to serve as a heads up to keep an eye out on the rumour mill over the next day to see if this is true.

We'll find out more on this rumour by tomorrow I'm sure

One poster even further clarifies that Tanguay has waived his NTC, not only agreed to... so that it's not only in talks but it's being agreeing on as we speak?! I guess :blink:

One poster even further clarifies that Tanguay has waived his NTC, not only agreed to... so that it's not only in talks but it's being agreeing on as we speak?! I guess :blink:

Well at least I can go to sleep with happy thoughts hoping to wake up to good news.

I'd take a Tanguay for Ryder deal any day, but I don't see it happening. I wish I could get my hopes up, but they remain grounded.

I'd take a Tanguay for Ryder deal any day, but I don't see it happening. I wish I could get my hopes up, but they remain grounded.

Do the Habs really want Tanguay and his 5.250 cap hit next year?

What does he offer that truly helps this team?

I posted my comment with the assumption that Tanguay will revert to his elite form. In that instance, he'd provide consistant scoring across a variety of situations, which we could certainly use. Based on Bob's inability to land an elite FA, this would be useful. His 5.250 could be covered by Smoke's, Ryder's and Breezer's salaries.

Then again, Tanguay reverting to form in MTL is about as likely as this rumour coming true. :D

pros:

-real offensive upsides, could draw attention from poosing teams and give eevn more space to kovalev.

-natural centre that could replace koivu when he's moved next year.

-youth

-stanley cup experience

-stanley cup clutch performer...3goals in game 7 ??!! cant be more clutch without being named markmessier.

-he's french...could take pressure off guillaume

-learned to play the game with sakic, forsberg, blake, bourque, roy...

-never heard anything bad about his attitude.

cons:

-salary...at least 1M overpaid

- not big, not gritty, not mean.

-he's french: that means the english media will be pissed at the club for bringing another frenchman and the french media will kill him as soon as he gets in a 2-3 games scoring slump.

That's what's funny. He's one of Calgary's better D minded forwards. He's backchecking well. That's something that might interest Montreal as they are high on the D minded game. As far as number crunching goes; he's UFA in 2008 and the Habs have a good stable cap. The Komi and Higgins contracts might help to absorb Tanguay. It might all be moot. If Alex agreed to waive his NTC it might be to another team for all we know.

Montreal can absorb this contract. Imagine if he got going in Montreal? Geez, his shooting % speaks volumes anyway.

I don't think BG should pull the trigger period. If it's not broken don't fix it...this team is sitting just fine right now. As far as I'm concerned Huet needs to stay and Bob Needs to re-sign him...but if Huet wants contract security than we have no choice but to move him. The only move I see Montreal doing at the deadline is Ryder to somewhere for some draft picks. Does anybody have a situation on JP Dumont or Dustin Brown? I'd love to see either come to Montreal for the home stretch going into the playoffs. Ps: Alex Tanguay...can keep his ass put in Calgary

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Just to clarify. I was watching the Calgary game last night inwhich McGuire reported that Tanguay has agreed to waive the NTC. He said that many teams are now pursuing Tanguay. I am sure if Tanguay is willing to waive his NTC that he is only going to waive it to go to certain teams.

NTC have a lot more to do with bargaining power than actually staying in the city they hold the contract. They get to dictate where they can be traded too. Tanguay is no longer on the 1st line or the 1st powerplay. He may be soft but I for one think his offensive and defensive talent are highly valuable.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I don't think BG should pull the trigger period. If it's not broken don't fix it...this team is sitting just fine right now. As far as I'm concerned Huet needs to stay and Bob Needs to re-sign him...but if Huet wants contract security than we have no choice but to move him. The only move I see Montreal doing at the deadline is Ryder to somewhere for some draft picks. Does anybody have a situation on JP Dumont or Dustin Brown? I'd love to see either come to Montreal for the home stretch going into the playoffs. Ps: Alex Tanguay...can keep his ass put in Calgary

Good luck with that.

Brown will be a king for life as he should be, and Dumont doesn't want to play in Montreal (he said this after being drafted )