Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm still praying for Selanne or Jokkinan! Either would be fantabulous!

Selanne's wife just had a baby, and he's repeated it a million times before. HE WILL NOT LEAVE Southern California for anything.

AS far as Jolkinen is concerned, yuou can bet your next paycheck that the Habs will not be the only team to make him and offer. Jolkinen will cost alot of picks and young talent!

AS far as Jolkinen is concerned, yuou can bet your next paycheck that the Habs will not be the only team to make him and offer. Jolkinen will cost alot of picks and young talent!

I agree that the price would be efty but we have the talent pool( on D atleast) to deal with the situation. besides, you turn around and trade koivu for some talent so the loss isnt that bad after all.

Jokinen would be the long awaited big talented centre and could bring instant credibility.

Once again as before; approach this post with extreme caution. I saw another poster on another board claim that they heard on CKAC that Dandenault is unhappy about his being scratched and he is calling his agent and going to talk with his wife about his future in Montreal.

Hmmm? :?-

Once again as before; approach this post with extreme caution. I saw another poster on another board claim that they heard on CKAC that Dandenault is unhappy about his being scratched and he is calling his agent and going to talk with his wife about his future in Montreal.

Hmmm? :?-

but will another GM care?

but will another GM care?

theres the question !!

if a team use him as a 4th or 5th D he could be useful. in montreal he lost his spot to better players, that doesnt make him a bad player.

I wouldn't be surprised if montrea waived him.

It would suck to lose Dandy now that he's been reborn as a very effective forward, but don't expect much return.

Jokinen, great, but let's remember that the Habs' fundamentals as organization are among the soundest in hockey. I'm really adamant that Montreal needs to get away from this 'we need a saviour' mentality. It's salvation by committee in Montreal, and that is what will work best in the long run in a cap system - an organization that can keep replacing players with great, cheap young players on all four lines, that's the organization that's likely to be a contender year after year. Don't get too hung up on 'star power.'

Regarding Dandy, the cap hit remains at 1.7 for the team who takes him in a trade but it would only cost the team $500,000 (ballpark) to pay him for the remainder of the season if he goes as of February 26th. He'll have been paid for 5 months at that time

Regarding Dandy, the cap hit remains at 1.7 for the team who takes him in a trade but it would only cost the team $500,000 (ballpark) to pay him for the remainder of the season if he goes as of February 26th. He'll have been paid for 5 months at that time

he still has to be paid next year.

It would suck to lose Dandy now that he's been reborn as a very effective forward, but don't expect much return.

Jokinen, great, but let's remember that the Habs' fundamentals as organization are among the soundest in hockey. I'm really adamant that Montreal needs to get away from this 'we need a saviour' mentality. It's salvation by committee in Montreal, and that is what will work best in the long run in a cap system - an organization that can keep replacing players with great, cheap young players on all four lines, that's the organization that's likely to be a contender year after year. Don't get too hung up on 'star power.'

Every fanbase is like this CC. You are rolling a boulder uphill. To the average fan they will look at the Flyers and say look at what Briere has done for them. Maybe he is the MVP.

When in all reality it has more to do with the maturing Mike RIchards, Coburn, Nittymaki and Carter and the acquisitions of Hartnell, Timonen, Smith and Lupul.

Holmgren rebuilt the depth of the team, you remove the Nashville deals and the Edmonton deal and the Flyers are fighting for 8th.

Would you make the Kovalchuk deal that was rumoured 7 years ago today? It would give us the star power the city desperately wants.

But making that deal would have cost Markov, Komisarek, Perezhogin and Huet (Garon or Theodore) + more.

It would make for an inferior team.

I think they continue along this path and if Gainey can get somebody to bite on Ryder and a package of secondary prospects (Fischer, Valentenko, D'Agostini) then go for a rental.

But giving up 1st and 2nd rounders and top level prospects is not worth it unless it lands a Superstar who will reup long term.

The right deal will eventually come along and Gainey will pounce. But it might be in the off season or next season.

Regarding: "Dandenault wants out?"

SRC Radio Canada Link

English Translation

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

It kills me when 4th liners ask for a trade. I like Dandenault, but grow up. Your name is not Sydney Crosby.

Every fanbase is like this CC. You are rolling a boulder uphill. To the average fan they will look at the Flyers and say look at what Briere has done for them. Maybe he is the MVP.

When in all reality it has more to do with the maturing Mike RIchards, Coburn, Nittymaki and Carter and the acquisitions of Hartnell, Timonen, Smith and Lupul.

Holmgren rebuilt the depth of the team, you remove the Nashville deals and the Edmonton deal and the Flyers are fighting for 8th.

Would you make the Kovalchuk deal that was rumoured 7 years ago today? It would give us the star power the city desperately wants.

But making that deal would have cost Markov, Komisarek, Perezhogin and Huet (Garon or Theodore) + more.

I think they continue along this path and if Gainey can get somebody to bite on Ryder and a package of secondary prospects (Fischer, Valentenko, D'Agostini) then go for a rental.

But giving up 1st and 2nd rounders and top level prospects is not worth it unless it lands a Superstar who will reup long term.

The right deal will eventually come along and Gainey will pounce. But it might be in the off season or next season.

I don't know...Markov, Komisarek and Huet for Kovalchuk (I deliberately discount Perezhogin since he is not a contributing asset). It'd be an interesting deal - if the Canadiens actually had some other good D, I might consider it.

I don't know...Markov, Komisarek and Huet for Kovalchuk (I deliberately discount Perezhogin since he is not a contributing asset). It'd be an interesting deal - if the Canadiens actually had some other good D, I might consider it.

You would give up the pairing of Komi and Markov + Huet for Kovalchuk? Really?

I don't think Florida would want just youth back for Ollie ... I'm pretty sure they'd want some type of impact player back in return that has a semi decent contract. Like for example Tanguay + ... Florida can't afford to re-build. They have good young players and need to start getting compedative asap.

I think that deal is insane. Basically we'd look like - and suck like - Atlanta, minus Hossa. Non merci.

You're probably right that I'm tilting at windmills, but still...Montreal fans might want to wake up to the fact that we're not a garbage franchise any more in desperate need of a white knight to 'ignite' us.

And on the subject of rumours and white knights, how come nobody seems to be mentioning Forsberg? Now there's a signing that wouldn't cost us any assets and could conceivably really bolster us down the middle for the stretch run.

You're probably right that I'm tilting at windmills, but still...Montreal fans might want to wake up to the fact that we're not a garbage franchise any more in desperate need of a white knight to 'ignite' us.

And on the subject of rumours and white knights, how come nobody seems to be mentioning Forsberg? Now there's a signing that wouldn't cost us any assets and could conceivably really bolster us down the middle for the stretch run.

I know, that is strange. I was thinking about that last night. The cap room is there and if healthy he would make a big difference and we get to keep all the prospects.

Wouldn't surprise me for Gainey to pull that out of his ass. Low Risk, High Reward.

You think he is looking for money? Or a Cup run?

I know, that is strange. I was thinking about that last night. The cap room is there and if healthy he would make a big difference and we get to keep all the prospects.

Wouldn't surprise me for Gainey to pull that out of his ass. Low Risk, High Reward.

You think he is looking for money? Or a Cup run?

What I've heard on Vancouver sports shows - not exactly secret insider info - is that Forsberg wants either (a) a serious contender or (b) a team he knows and feels comfortable with. The latter means Philly and Colorado. (A) means most obviously Detroit or Ottawa, but I'm not so sure that Gainey could not make a case that this is a team with a legitimate shot IF Forsberg signs on. 'You're the missing piece.' etc.. The fact is, almost any playoff team is a contender these days, and the Habs are better balanced than most.

Of course, lots of dough wouldn't hurt. We have that.

I also thought that it's the sort of thing Gainey is liable to do. Fly completely under the radar and bag a Forsberg.

Fun to think about, anyway.

What I've heard on Vancouver sports shows - not exactly secret insider info - is that Forsberg wants either (a) a serious contender or (b) a team he knows and feels comfortable with. The latter means Philly and Colorado. (A) means most obviously Detroit or Ottawa, but I'm not so sure that Gainey could not make a case that this is a team with a legitimate shot IF Forsberg signs on. 'You're the missing piece.' etc.. The fact is, almost any playoff team is a contender these days, and the Habs are better balanced than most.

Of course, lots of dough wouldn't hurt. We have that.

I also thought that it's the sort of thing Gainey is liable to do. Fly completely under the radar and bag a Forsberg.

Fun to think about, anyway.

It would be huge. Get er done Bob!!

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

It kills me when 4th liners ask for a trade. I like Dandenault, but grow up. Your name is not Sydney Crosby.

He didn't ask for a trade, he said that he is frustrated and that every mistake can get you out of the 4th line.

He knows that he has little if none value on the market.

Gainey obsession to have has much depth as possible make him a depth forward and a worst case scenario defensemen.

It would be huge. Get er done Bob!!

I'm not so sure it would be huge. I saw first hand how huge the arrival of Forsberg was here in Nashville. He didn't do crap for the Preds. Everyone was waiting, and waiting, and waiting and then he was gone.

Thing is, he's not the player he was. His ankles are completely messed up. So he would come in, take a roster spot, SUCK, pisse everybody off and then everyone spends the entire summer questioning Bob Gainey.

I like the idea of this but not really sold on his health.