Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ottawa and Carolina juste made a major move.

To Carolina: Corve & Eaves

To Ottawa: Stillman & Commodore

An other one Eklund didn't predict :lol:

Wow, Carolina got screwed in that deal.

Wow, Carolina got screwed in that deal.

not really

commodore and stillman are both UFAs at the end of the season while corvo has two more years left and eaves will be RFA...if he stays healthy, he's a good player. I do feel however that carolina could've atlest get a draft pick even if its only a 3rd rounder.

If there's any truth in todays rumour about Marleau, then Montreal is screwed. Only a three-way deal could make it work as I don't think Montreal could or would deal with either Markov, Komisarek or Hamrlik.

Earlier I said Koivu would never be traded. Marleau could be the only exception. Maybe he would like to end his career somewhere warmer along with his old buddy Rivet?

And. Finaly... A Permanent Trade Rumour post is never complete without adding a trade proposal.

Marleau for Koivu, Canadiens first round pick and a prospect.

If there's any truth in todays rumour about Marleau, then Montreal is screwed. Only a three-way deal could make it work as I don't think Montreal could or would deal with either Markov, Komisarek or Hamrlik.

Earlier I said Koivu would never be traded. Marleau could be the only exception. Maybe he would like to end his career somewhere warmer along with his old buddy Rivet?

And. Finaly... A Permanent Trade Rumour post is never complete without adding a trade proposal.

Marleau for Koivu, Canadiens first round pick and a prospect.

Hee hee...I plumped big-time for a Marleau-Koivu trade a few months back. Man, this rumour is never gonna go away, as long as both key players keep stinking out the joint. :wacko:

With Marleau we get younger, bigger, and more skilled. Also more expensive. And we lose leadership and proven clutch performance.

Personally I think San Jose would be nuts NOT to make the deal straight up. Koivu is *exactly* the kind of players contenders should look to add at the deadline: veteran, battle-scarred, inspirational, desperate for a Cup, and a clutch performer. And SJ is one of the few cities for which you can see him waiving his NTC, both due to warm sunshine and his best friend.

Ultimately though I think we'll see Bob add a defensive centreman of some sort, full stop.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

The recent trade by Ottawa requires a response from BG.

I would propose:

1) Koivu, Ryder, Gorges, and Halak for Vinny Lecavalier.

2) Higgins, Bouillon, Begin and Grabovski for Eric Staal.

This would require the call up of Chipchure up front and Cote on defense.

I would propose:

I will give you 25 cents on the dollar, you want it?

Koivu is not going to net you Lecavalier in return, what you have added is volume to make it look palatable.

Same with the second deal.

I would propose:

Cote is the best D-man you can think of calling up from Hamilton?

Don Waddell is at the game tonight...

Just heard that On RDS. I doubt Waddell is there to check out the Lightning, he already gets to see them 8 times in a season!

I would propose:

It might need a response. Bob won't be panicked into it, though, we can be assured.

For trade #1, replace Ryder with Higgins, Halak with Huet, and TB might listen. Maybe they want a defensive hulk, so you might get away with keeping Koivu or Higgins, I don't know. Not sure they'd be interested in an older, overpaid ctr like Saks, though - although it would permit them to use Richards as their #1.

I would propose:

It might need a response. Bob won't be panicked into it, though, we can be assured.

For trade #1, replace Ryder with Higgins, Halak with Huet, and TB might listen. Maybe they want a defensive hulk, so you might get away with keeping Koivu or Higgins, I don't know. Not sure they'd be interested in an older, overpaid ctr like Saks, though - although it would permit them to use Richards as their #1.

AH, someone who understands the meaning of "I would propose" and then thinks the proposition through!

The Hurricanes, if I am not mistaken, have always been pretty high on Bouillon and Higgins.

As to the "excess" volume...if you don't need it, why keep it?

Ryder + to Dallas for Modano. Koivu to Anahiem for Edmonton's first. Edmonton's pick and prospects to Atlanta for Hossa.

2nd line= Higgins Modano and Hossa.

Just going with the Dallas wants Ryder concept and the fact Mike and Bob are close.

Surprises me that Dallas is rumoured to want Ryder but I guess Ribs misses him not finishing his passes.

Thought for the day.

Ryder + to Dallas for Modano. Koivu to Anahiem for Edmonton's first. Edmonton's pick and prospects to Atlanta for Hossa.

2nd line= Higgins Modano and Hossa.

Just going with the Dallas wants Ryder concept and the fact Mike and Bob are close.

Surprises me that Dallas is rumoured to want Ryder but I guess Ribs misses him not finishing his passes.

Thought for the day.

Dallas will not trade Modano, especially for that little return. Modano is the face of the franchise, it would have to be a staggering offer

for Dallas to trade him, and if that is the case it will not be good for the Habs.

Dallas will not trade Modano, especially for that little return. Modano is the face of the franchise, it would have to be a staggering offer

for Dallas to trade him, and if that is the case it will not be good for the Habs.

I know that, but it is early and I have had a few so why not. Retirement rocks!!

You seem to work as much as me!

I know that, but it is early and I have had a few so why not. Retirement rocks!!

You seem to work as much as me!

If you call this working. I unofficially get paid to browse the Habsworld boards.