Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Hey guys, long time i don't post but i read daily and heres the latest scoop from ek :P. Take it for what its worth here it is

"According to an email from a VERY trusted source: I have a BIG clue for you. the Habs are on the brink of making a large deal, but there is a catch. The whole deal is contingent upon and tied directly to the team the Habs are dealing with being able to make another trade that is currently held up by a "player on the Leafs with a NTC." and "I was just text messaged that "a big deal is likely going to go down tonight, and it involves Montreal."

Again, take it for what its worth, I know its Ek but hey you always wonder.

GO HAbs GO lets take philly OUT!

Sure, sure.

However, in the interest of speculation, I think that third team would be Calgary - who are playing really poorly now. (Sorry, Anaheim and St. Louis might be in as well)

Sundin to Calgary...

Oh my, falling into the Ek trap.

Edited by tokyohabs

Sure, sure.

However, in the interest of speculation, I think that third team would be Calgary - who are playing really poorly now. (Sorry, Anaheim and St. Louis might be in as well)

Sundin to Calgary...

Oh my, falling into the Ek trap.

That would be huge for the flames Iggy and Sundin would dominate.

Aye, can you imagine? F'n scary. If they made that trade and got their D act together, watch out.

I've read on other boards some Flamer fans being less than enamored with Huselius, and wanting them to re-sign Langkow instead. I never watch them, would a guy like Huselius be of interest to us? Seems pretty slick on highlight reels...

Could it be?

On HNIC's Hotstove last night, Al Strachan claimed that Lecavalier is tired of playing in Tampa and wants to be in a bigger market. He's going to ask for a trade in the summer, and Strachan suggests that New York and yes, Montreal would be logical destinations. He also said that the Lightning are deadset against it, but if Lecavalier demands it, there's not much they can do.

The rest of the panel noted that Feaster has promised to bring in an elite goalie in the offseason, and logically there's no way he can do it without moving one of the big 3.

Well based on all the rumours floating around out there wed have something like this for a team next year.

Higgins-Lecavalier-Hossa

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Latendresse-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Begin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Boyle

Streit-O'Byrne

Price/Halak

Again, dont criticize, Im just saying this is what we would have with all the rumours floating around out there.

:hlogo:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2008/...854588-sun.html

Hossa, Havlat in Habs' sights?

Old teammates could hook up again in Montreal By BRUCE GARRIOCH

Beware - it's a Garrioch rumour

That guy puts almost zero thought into his rumours. How about speculating on players going either way.

Might as well be written on toilet paper, because that is where I put my shit.

That guy puts almost zero thought into his rumours. How about speculating on players going either way.

Might as well be written on toilet paper, because that is where I put my shit.

If it was reality I would be worried. As much as I am a fan of Havlat hasn't he played like 1 game in the past 10 years. Joke, but the guy is always hurt and has a fragile skull. I'd take him straight up for Ryder though.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2008/...854588-sun.html

Hossa, Havlat in Habs' sights?

Old teammates could hook up again in Montreal By BRUCE GARRIOCH

Beware - it's a Garrioch rumour

I love the crap later in the article.......

Sean Avery quote

The New York Rangers-Canadiens game at the Bell Centre on Tuesday should be interesting. Earlier this month, Rangers left winger Sean Avery took exception to a late hit by defenceman Mike Komisarek. "That's what (Komisarek) does," Avery said on Feb. 3. "He's big, so he doesn't skate well. He has to play physical or he won't play in this league." Insiders say some of Avery's bitterness may stem from the rumour that Komisarek is dating actress Elisha Cuthbert, who used to go out with the Rangers pest ...

I love the crap later in the article.......

Sean Avery quote

The New York Rangers-Canadiens game at the Bell Centre on Tuesday should be interesting. Earlier this month, Rangers left winger Sean Avery took exception to a late hit by defenceman Mike Komisarek. "That's what (Komisarek) does," Avery said on Feb. 3. "He's big, so he doesn't skate well. He has to play physical or he won't play in this league." Insiders say some of Avery's bitterness may stem from the rumour that Komisarek is dating actress Elisha Cuthbert, who used to go out with the Rangers pest ...

:lol:

Well based on all the rumours floating around out there wed have something like this for a team next year.

Higgins-Lecavalier-Hossa

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Boyle

Streit-O'Byrne

Price/Halak

Again, dont criticize, Im just saying this is what we would have with all the rumours floating around out there.

:hlogo:

That's a much improved and very good looking lineup. Adding Vinny, Hossa, and Boyle, with subtraction of Huet, Bouillon, Gorges, Ryder, Dandy, Smokes. Not too bad, but unless they come via UFA, what is BG gonna have to give up? Guess we can only dream.

That's a much improved and very good looking lineup. Adding Vinny, Hossa, and Boyle, with subtraction of Huet, Bouillon, Gorges, Ryder, Dandy, Smokes. Not too bad, but unless they come via UFA, what is BG gonna have to give up? Guess we can only dream.

Plus, we wouldn't be able to fit those players under the cap by any means. But we'd be the best team in the East easily with those players.

Higgins-Lecavalier-Hossa

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Boyle

Streit-O'Byrne

Price/Halak

Holy crap! That team would win the cup 3 years in a row!

On Sportsnet they said that it's supposedly a serious rumour that if the Habs win the Hossa sweepstakes then they will try to seriously go after Havlat as well.

I doubt it.

One leak is doubtful. Two leaks, related/conditional on each other on top of it? :lol:

oh, and Havlat (6M) + Hossa (7M) = 13M

nhlnumbers shows our cap space as being 4.2M

even if we trade Ryder in the process, we're still FIVE MILLION short!!!

that's huge. Koivu ? 4.75M...

but then... who plays in between Havlat and Hossa?

That rumour makes no sense whatsoever.

oh, and Havlat (6M) + Hossa (7M) = 13M

nhlnumbers shows our cap space as being 4.2M

even if we trade Ryder in the process, we're still FIVE MILLION short!!!

That rumour makes no sense whatsoever.

Not that it will happen, but obviously we'd only be on the hook for what is left on the contracts. It wouldn't be cheap, but it certainly wouldn't be $13 million.

My rough math: 22 games left... $158,536/game... $3.487 million for the rest of the season. So we could hypothetically fit them in...

But it's not gonna happen.

Edited by lazy26

Not that it will happen, but obviously we'd only be on the hook for what is left on the contracts. It wouldn't be cheap, but it certainly wouldn't be $13 million.

My rough math: 22 games left... $158,536/game... $3.487 million for the rest of the season. So we could hypothetically fit them in...

But it's not gonna happen.

Dumbest rumour I have heard in a long time. WTF do they think it would take to get those 2 players?

Why gut your team when it is in 1st place for 2 leaders from non playoff teams.

I hope it'll fire a spark under guillaume's ass.

not a bad move. oliver isn't as good but he could become a usefull player down the stretch.

Havlat and Hossa both!?!?! the only way I see that happen is if we are really cup contenders and we would wanna get the cup this year or nothing! I only know of two teams that could be in that position and neither would be that crazy to give up with whats needed to get those renter/weak at the knees/ high ballers

what we need is another (alla kovalev situation-like) a player thats currently under-used unmotivated and at the later half of his shelf life and more importantly worth one prospect and one top draft pick or two second and third rounders. and in this case that can win face-offs.