Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

i'm bored, i'll throw a rumour out there : I heard (totally false) that Gainey wanted to get his hands on Mike Cammalleri. Off course, LA would ask for Halak, Ryder and a 2nd pick...

Actually, that's not a new rumour...it's been circulated in Toronto before over the past week...although it tends to be mentioned in passing and nothing that has been the focus of any real article/radio conversation.

While I would absolutely LOVE to see Sundin or Hossa in a Habs uniform...I must admit I will not be too happy with dealing Higgins, a prospect, and 2 picks...and I would be down right PISSED OFF if it also meant that the guy being acquired isn't signed beyond this year.

IF the guy being acquired is signed for a couple extra seasons I could live with dealing Higgins...the picks and prospects are less concerning because, I assume, that they would not be our top prospects(like Price or McDonagh)...and I doubt it would be 2 1st round picks BUT also not annoyed at losing 1st round guys from the late 1st round...

All said, I would assume that Gainey's offer would be something like: Higgins, Grabovsky/Emelin/Fischer/Valentenko, a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick...and the deal would be contingent on a contract extension. If this were the case I could live with it...the picks would be of limited value as late round picks, losing Higgins would hurt BUT both those players are head and tails above Higgins in talent/value regardless of age and future potential...and the prospects mentioned above, while valuable, are easily replaced within the Habs depth chart of prospects. JMHO.

Meh! Another smallish forward. I don't even know if Guillaume's older brother even has what it takes to make it to the NHL?

No he likely won't (even though he had huge junior numbers :) ) but still....this is a shrewd move for Gainey in future contract negotiations with Kosty and Lats. When your brother already plays for the team it would be kinda nice to stay with him as long as possible. The money will still be there anyway.

Higgins, Grabovsky/Emelin/Fischer/Valentenko, a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick...and the deal would be contingent on a contract extension.

Holy crap! Who did you have in mind? Hossa? I thik that would be a little too much for Marian Hossa. Trade one of Emelin or Valentenko, but not both.

Knowing that Waddell seems to have a hard on for Emelin, the trade would probably look like higgins, Emelin, Fisher and 1st rounder...anything else would be too much!

Although I'd really hate toe see higgins leave... i don't think it would be a good idea to let him go. If the Habs let Higgins go, they wil have an incredibly hard time to resign Komisarek...adn that's ONE player we can not afford to lose!

CKAC 800 just reported words from Gainey saying Bob was looking for an impact player BUT he would'nt dismantle the current team for it.

SO Higgins can stopr worring and score a few goals tonight NICEEE.

According to Bob Mckenzie, Gainey has an offer on the table for Tanguay...he said Ryder and a pick. Gainey is also coveting Sundin, Hossa according to Mckenzie...

Obviously Sundin is a great player, but I would puke seeing our young talent playing for Toronto.....

Bob Mackenzie's one of the most credible guys out there. Though he didn't say anything we didn't really know - they're all old rumours.

I was at my doctor's today (he a huge Leaf's fan :puke: ) even the exam rooms have Leaf "stuff" on the walls............I asked him where the Canadiens room was;

Anyway he asked me if I heard [on the Fan] that Sundin has waived his no-trade clause...

I was at my doctor's today (he a huge Leaf's fan :puke: ) even the exam rooms have Leaf "stuff" on the walls............I asked him where the Canadiens room was;

Anyway he asked me if I heard [on the Fan] that Sundin has waived his no-trade clause...

Yeah right to any team?

CKAC 800 just reported words from Gainey saying Bob was looking for an impact player BUT he would'nt dismantle the current team for it.

yeah lets hope its just a prospect and a pick ....like when Gainey got Kovalev .... Balej who???

SO Higgins can stopr worring and score a few goals tonight NICEEE.

Saying you won't dismantle the team to acquire a star does not mean he wouldn't consider dealing Higgins...not to rain on your parade or anything...lol

They are so active in talking to everyone right now that I could see a couple deals happen as a result.

What would you guys think if they dealt Ryder and a pick for Tanguay(currently rumoured) AND acquired a guy like Hossa or Sundin(with a contract extension beyond this year)...and let's say that meant dealing something like Higgins, Emelin and a couple picks. Remember, those acquisitions would also be here beyond this season...and yes, I think they could fit it under the cap this year and beyond...