Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

and if you wanna kill any hope to any rumour, read this :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230121&hubname=nhl

LOL, comments from GMs who pretend they don't know it's the deadline in 5 days and 23hours and 25 minutes.

Not sure why people wouldn't want Tanguay in the :hlogo: ...he's been a point-per-game producer pretty consistently over his career, has been a fairly solid playoff producer, and plays both C and wing. The latter point is important - he would give us some insurance if indeed Saku Koivu is on the downside, because we still don't have any obvious elite C candidates in our system.

As for losing Ryder, well, given all the abuse that's been heaped on Ryder on these boards (and well before he hit the skids this season), you'd think people wouldn't mind, even if he *is* heating up. Can't have it both ways, i.e., want to dump Ryder for a smelly jock strap when he's slumping, and want to resign him when he's hot. He probably won't resign here anyway: he always was a bitch to sign.

An additional first round pick would be steep, and it would mark an interesting signal that Gainey considers the basic rebuild more-or-less in place. But Tanguay is just 29, and moving a high pick for a player at least makes some sense if that player has several more years in the tank.

In short, not a bad rumour :)

Tanguay is twice the player Ryder is... but He's still not as explosive as Hossa, or as physical as Jokinen or as superb as Richards.

and if you wanna kill any hope to any rumour, read this :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230121&hubname=nhl

LOL, comments from GMs who pretend they don't know it's the deadline in 5 days and 23hours and 25 minutes.

Tanguay is twice the player Ryder is... but He's still not as explosive as Hossa, or as physical as Jokinen or as superb as Richards.

Yah, but try getting Jokinen or Hossa for Ryder and a pick :lol::lol: As for Richards, I don't want him anyway - fine player, but not at that grossly inflated contract.

Richards is superb? Brad Richards? I think he's pretty overrated.

If Richards was paid 5M a year he would be underrated. Salaries don't change your value on the ice.

Richards is a good-great player, proven playoff performer, stuck on a dog of a team with 4 stars and a bunch of junk.

I would love to see Higgins/Koivu's numbers playing with Denis/Rammo and that D behind them.

Richards is superb? Brad Richards? I think he's pretty overrated.

If Richards was a Hab he would be the BEST centre on the team.

+/- means shit all.

Look at game seven of the cup finals and ice time for him and Lecaviller.

Would you trade Plekanec for him straight up?

No, because Pleks makes 1/3 of his salary. Richards is overpaid, he is not Ovechkin/Crosby but he is paid like them.

In the Cap system you have to have players playing better than they are paid, not the other way around.

But it doesn't change the fact that he would be our number 1 centre. But would you rather have PLeks + a 5-6M player.

I will take Pleks and his cap flexibility every day in the new NHL.

Edited by Wamsley01

This year the stats for Ryder= 51 games played and 11 goals, 11 assists and a -1

Tanguay = 60 games with 11 goals and 35 assists with a +12

Hossa 58 games with 26 goals and 27 assists with a - 13

Richards 59 games wiith 13 goals 32 assists with a -25

So do I keep Ryder and trade for one of these guys?

Without a cap, any day.

With a cap, no.

Having Plek + Kovalev is better than having Richards + Hlavac (that's the only thing they can afford)

However, with all the rumoured players, etc... and the salary they are making or will be making, Richards is #1.

Stop blocking at this year's stats... Consider the way he can play and the fact that he's a character player. A clutch performer.

No it wasn't Louis Jean who i heard that the deal was done from.

It was the guys on CKAC that confirmed ryder for tanguay.

I just heard Jean Charles explain that it was on CBC according to a caller.... but it was removed since then...

please tell me these Tanguay rumours are true. If anyone here has any doubts on him, take a look back at his career stats, and one word to describe him will pop into your mind: CONSISTANT. consistant 70-80 point seasons for Tangs, and he is not one-dimensional like Ryder, he is a great all around player and an incredible passer. He would really help the first line with Koivu and Higgins.

Richards is a great player. The problem is, he hasn't had a good winger since Modin left and he plays too many minutes (which is because Torterella is a bad coach).

please tell me these Tanguay rumours are true. If anyone here has any doubts on him, take a look back at his career stats, and one word to describe him will pop into your mind: CONSISTANT. consistant 70-80 point seasons for Tangs

The reason why his career stats are great is because he was on a line with sakic and hejduk!

But i do believe in him, except you cannot make a trade according to the past.

The reason why his career stats are great is because he was on a line with sakic and hejduk!

He had the same stats last year in Calgary and he didn't even play on a line with Iginla

He had the same stats last year in Calgary and he didn't even play on a line with Iginla

Richards is a great player. The problem is, he hasn't had a good winger since Modin left and he plays too many minutes (which is because Torterella is a bad coach).

With a recent cup ring

With a recent cup ring

He's now a bad coach. He plays his big 3 forwards over 25 minutes a game. Why do you think their production is way down in the second half this year. Also, he calls out his goalie's when neither is paid like a number one and their rushing holmquist and Ramo.

Besides, it doesn't take a great coach to win a cup ring. It helps, but its not the definitive factor.

According to Mackenzie tsn article:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/

Tampa needs a goalie...Huet for Richards, or halak ryder and someone for Richards...

Of the names being mentioned:

SUNDIN: wouldnt do.

JOKINEN: may work, but not what is needed given price.

HOSSA: May work, but needs to be signed and a "rent a player" for what to give up may cost future!!

TANGUAY: for Ryder and a second round pick, Like this deal, change of scenary for both players.

RICHARDS: like this deal the best, take your choice...HUET and draft pick for Richards

ADD RICHARDS and TANGUAY:

Give up:

HUET, RYDER, 2 draft picks ( 1st, 2nd) or some combination...

Would definitly solve some holes, and make the team a definite contender.... Is Price ready to face the pressure of playoffs: better now, No different then ROY in 86 and Dryden before him...ala WARD in CAROLINA...

Gainey go for it, get RICHARDS AND TANGUAY.....

According to Mackenzie tsn article:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/

Tampa needs a goalie...Huet for Richards, or halak ryder and someone for Richards...

Of the names being mentioned:

SUNDIN: wouldnt do.

JOKINEN: may work, but not what is needed given price.

HOSSA: May work, but needs to be signed and a "rent a player" for what to give up may cost future!!

TANGUAY: for Ryder and a second round pick, Like this deal, change of scenary for both players.

RICHARDS: like this deal the best, take your choice...HUET and draft pick for Richards

ADD RICHARDS and TANGUAY:

Give up:

HUET, RYDER, 2 draft picks ( 1st, 2nd) or some combination...

Would definitly solve some holes, and make the team a definite contender.... Is Price ready to face the pressure of playoffs: better now, No different then ROY in 86 and Dryden before him...ala WARD in CAROLINA...

Gainey go for it, get RICHARDS AND TANGUAY.....

I would be very surprised to see Huet traded. I wouldn't want Richards. 12 goals for how many million?